BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > EBC Redstuff vs?

12-02-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
GeraldM2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (F87) LBB 6MT

EBC Redstuff vs?

Hey everyone, i think i am in need of new brake pads soon, I was thinking of going with the EBC Redstuff ceramic pads. Has anyone had any experience with them? from what i understand they take a while to bed in, and have good bite and low dust. I don't plan on using these at the track or even autox, maybe just some spirited canyon driving.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 09:19 PM   #2
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldM2 View Post
Hey everyone, i think i am in need of new brake pads soon, I was thinking of going with the EBC Redstuff ceramic pads. Has anyone had any experience with them? from what i understand they take a while to bed in, and have good bite and low dust. I don't plan on using these at the track or even autox, maybe just some spirited canyon driving.
I've had them, and they're nice, but what you need is the Akebono's, as they are far superior. As far as low-dust, low rotor-kill ratio, great-bite street pads, it goes like this...

1. G-Loc / Carbotech
2. Akebono
3. EBC Redstuff
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      12-02-2020, 09:35 PM   #3
GeraldM2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (F87) LBB 6MT

How long did your Redstuff pads last you? and how long have you had your akebono pads on for?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 10:07 PM   #4
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeraldM2 View Post
I've had them, and they're nice, but what you need is the Akebono's, as they are far superior. As far as low-dust, low rotor-kill ratio, great-bite street pads, it goes like this...

1. G-Loc / Carbotech
2. Akebono
3. EBC Redstuff
Do you think this a big improvement over stock brake pads?

I don't think the stock ones bite that hard and they produce a lot of dust!! Plus, Missouri weather make mine squeak.
      12-02-2020, 10:30 PM   #5
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsM2 View Post

I don't think the stock ones bite that hard and they produce a lot of dust!! Plus, Missouri weather make mine squeak.
Depends on what you mean by improvement. The stock pads dust terribly, and EAT rotors super quickly. The Akebono's dust like 15% as much, the dust itself is grey instead of brown, and they are super easy on rotors. I'll easily get double the life out of my rotors just by swapping these pads. No squeak at all either. But as far as bite, I can't tell any difference, as the M2 is my daily, so I'm not hard on the brakes ever.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2020, 11:03 PM   #6
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsM2 View Post

Depends on what you mean by improvement. The stock pads dust terribly, and EAT rotors super quickly. The Akebono's dust like 15% as much, the dust itself is grey instead of brown, and they are super easy on rotors. I'll easily get double the life out of my rotors just by swapping these pads. No squeak at all either. But as far as bite, I can't tell any difference, as the M2 is my daily, so I'm not hard on the brakes ever.
Think I got my next project. Thanks!
VisualEcho6629.00