BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > What did you do to your M2C today?

04-19-2024, 04:57 PM   #6623
Distinct
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Sbaitso View Post
Got some wheels & tires.
Apex Vs-5rs in Satin Bonze
Nice! Seeing these, I really want to change up my black wheels for something with some colour. I would love to powdercoat my 763M wheels.
Appreciate 1
Brandt51874.00
      04-19-2024, 05:14 PM   #6624
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Sbaitso View Post
Got some wheels & tires.
Apex Vs-5rs in Satin Bonze
Front: 19x10 ET22 with P4S 265/30
Rear: 19x10.5 ET44 with PS4 295/30

Tires are still greasy from installation, but you get the idea.

Wow that stance is menacing
Appreciate 1
      04-20-2024, 07:32 AM   #6625
nioso
Registered
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

Installed some interior mods:
  • IND polar blue stitched mperf shift knob
  • IND Polar blue M1, M2, and Start buttons
  • Mperf stainless pedal set

Appreciate 5
      04-20-2024, 11:05 PM   #6626
thegrinchboy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi, '18 X1, '21 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by allinon72 View Post
Got the same offer in the mail today, except they framed my custom offer as a “gas savings offer.” OKAY
Been getting the same mailer/email from multiple dealerships over the past 24 months. Guessing that they’re all using the same BMW USA database. My respnse - chuckle and delete email/recycle mailer.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2024, 11:43 AM   #6627
Distinct
Private
Rep

Garage List
PSA: Manual transmission drivers might want to check their OEM clutch stop. My car has less than 23000 kilometres/15000 miles and when I went to examine the soft white rubber piece, it was partially disintegrated. The force of the clutch pedal has sort of cut the white rubber against the hole shape of the metal bracket. Will be replacing with an adjustable 3D printed part made of TPU (thermoplastic polyurethan) and PLA+. It's designed to replace the OEM piece and then allow easy swaps of any additional spacers without removing the core piece. If it works, I will share the files here for free individual printing. If you have CAD, you can pretty much set the spacers to your own desired heights to 0.1 mm specifications.
Appreciate 2
      Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #6628
Julien_P
Rep

Got my MPerformance Style side winglets and Diffuser from AUTOid, installed them right away!

Fitment is 9/10 on the AUTOid parts, would be 9.5/10 if I didn't had to re-drill every single holes but Honestly the fitment around edges of the bumper is pretty impressive for a rep, carbon quality is up there too.
Attached Images

Last edited by Julien_P; Yesterday at 05:28 PM..
Appreciate 2
MVista307.00
Brandt51874.00
      Yesterday, 04:45 PM   #6629
Distinct
Private
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien_P View Post
Got my MPerformance Style side winglets and Diffuser from AUTOid and wasted no time putting them on.

Fitment is 9/10 on the AUTOid parts, would be 9.5/10 if I didn't had to re-drill every single holes but Honestly the fitment around edges of the bumper is pretty impressive for a rep, carbon quality is up there too.
Those front vent pieces dramatically change the look of the front end. Very nice. Do you feel like the holes are off from shrinkage or their template has the holes wrong (I assume they drill their holes after the piece is completed and cured)?
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 04:49 PM   #6630
Julien_P
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinct View Post
Those front vent pieces dramatically change the look of the front end. Very nice. Do you feel like the holes are off from shrinkage or their template has the holes wrong (I assume they drill their holes after the piece is completed and cured)?
Thanks ! That ADRO front kit is simply amazing and I've never seen another one yet so pretty cool. Their fitment though, is OE quality, 100% perfect fit.

As for the AUTOid, it was just a matter of enlarging the holes as the OE clips couldn't go through, other than that the alignment was 9/10 and no weird gap, install was a breeze, removing the OE is the scary part LMAO

Here's some other shots of the ADRO lip
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MVista307.00
Distinct146.00
      Yesterday, 10:25 PM   #6631
Telluride
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Serious weekend cleaning and pictures of my effort…
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
flybigjet6759.00
Distinct146.00
      Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #6632
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
Washed it. Then put the cover on.
Attached Images

2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6759.00
      Yesterday, 11:47 PM   #6633
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Made the hard decision today to skip all of my planned track days/HPDE's with the M2C this year. I'm kind of bummed about it.

A 'once in a lifetime' opportunity came up to go to Santiago, Port Williams and Antarctica in February. It was a moon shot based on total cost, specific ship & cabin availability, lined up work & vacation days with our best friends, cat sitter, etc.-- but we got formal confirmation today-- we basically won the lottery. All four of us (two couples) can make it work, so we're good to go.

We scored premium cabins at about half the going rate through an industry discount. The damn boat actually has *butlers*-- I'm going to be far, *far* out of my league.

But, even with the huge discount, it was NOT cheap. Since I'm downchecked for my FAA Medical until (Please, God!) about October, monthly income is a *lot* lower than it used to be. Therefore, something had to give.

Between new track tires, new Ferrodo pads, new driving shoes, consumables (brake fluid/oil/gas/etc.), a bunch of parts still sitting in the garage, entry fees, hotels, track insurance, food, pro instruction..... it was working out to be at least ~1k/day.

Since the yearly budget already included a new camera setup for me, a completely new underwater photography rig (sweeeeet, but terrifyingly expensive), a just-finished dive trip to Truk Lagoon, an upcoming dive trip to French Polynesia, and flying over to do Paris for a week and see Taylor Swift (front row seats)..... something had to give.

Since the Minister of War & Finance is absolutely losing her mind about Penguin-Palooza, and is excited about French Polynesia and Tay-Tay..... this was one of the situations were "Happy Wife" came into play-- she's been calling Antarctica a 'bucket list' trip for about as long as I've known her. And her and her BFF ganged up against us boys (her husband is scrapping his Spec-Miata season for the same reasons).

There's always next year-- I'm pretty sure the track and car aren't going anywhere.

R.