GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M (AW)

Garage List
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
Not to beat a dead horse here, but in all of the points against the CS in the "it costs too much over the C" camp none of them seem to consider the cost of depreciation of the two models. At the end of the day the CS will gain back some value here.
      09-17-2020, 03:59 PM   #332
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i, F25 X3, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeanM View Post
Not to beat a dead horse here, but in all of the points against the CS in the "it costs too much over the C" camp none of them seem to consider the cost of depreciation of the two models. At the end of the day the CS will gain back some value here.
I think the theory here is that the car costs 25K more now and when they depreciate out that the CS will be worth, say, 5K more on the used market. Meaning it was 20K wasted/overpriced. Or because it's about 40% more expensive it'll never hold 40% more value in the used market during depreciation.

Again, all crystal ball stuff. Buy what you like. Love it, drive it.
M2 CS (In Production)
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 06:38 PM   #333
cncmastr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ZCP, F85, E70, E39 S2

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to cncmastr
Ugh oh, this just in from my SA:

"Sounds like we can’t lock in a date for SCPD until the EPA issues Certifications."

Thank you for submitting a Performance Center Delivery reservation for CnCMastr. Unfortunately, this production number (123456) is a new model or new model year and we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. EPA and CARB Certifications are issued by the government and must be obtained for every model every year, regardless of any change (or not) in the production of the vehicle. The vehicle will remain at the VDC/VPC until all approvals and all holds have been removed (see example shown below). The vehicle will not ship to The BMW Performance Center or your BMW Retail Center until the holds have been removed.

Please inform your client that we will contact you with a delivery date as soon as all EPA and CARB Certifications have been received by BMWNA and the Engineering Data and Release holds have been removed. Should the client wish to cancel you will need to submit a cancellation form which can be found on CENTERNET.

Also, BMW Manufacturing has informed us that effective immediately, all tours of the manufacturing facility will be suspended, and a tour will not be available on the day of your customer’s delivery.

Thank you for your patience!

(SEE ATTACHMENT)
Attached Images

09-17-2020, 06:51 PM   #334
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i, F25 X3, E36 M3

My SA had mentioned the factory was closed. Another reason I'm hoping a spring summer delayed PCD visit will be possible.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 07:14 PM   #335
deceptiv.M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 18 BMW M3 ZCP

So we thinking these cars being delivered might be delayed until spring?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2020, 07:42 PM   #336
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS waiting list

Quote:
Originally Posted by deceptiv.M3 View Post
So we thinking these cars being delivered might be delayed until spring?
My thought is that all of these will be cleared by the time first deliveries arrive. Looks like it's a paperwork submission item.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 12:36 AM   #337
KHAP13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmmm3 View Post
my $.02. I few more actual owner driving reviews would help those ' on the fence' to decide. Also 466 cars is not a lot. There may be a few out there in Jan / Feb but all will be gone by March
Caveat, I'm not an an owner, but I could still have an allocation. I was on the fence so I took the opportunity to drive the M2CS at Hockenheimring for a day.

I'm just your average driver, but if I were interested in buying the M2CS because I wanted it to spend most of the time on track, I would buy the M2C, and make the necessary upgrades. The M2CS is eager to rev (feels like an F80 comp from that perspective), but to me it feels like mostly like driving the M2C on track.

Outside of the track, I think it is certainly more special and more rare than the other M2s -- It does look awesome in person, and I would be a buyer if that's mostly what interested me. But for me, from a pure driving experience (which is what I value more), I feel I get 9/10 as much fun driving my current M2 on track. I can't speak to driving around town. Just my .02

Last edited by KHAP13; 09-18-2020 at 01:34 AM.. Reason: Add Video
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 08:15 AM   #338
jlee
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Comp + 2008 M3 Vert

I got a completion date of 10/1 from my advisor...
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 08:25 AM   #339
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlee View Post
I got a completion date of 10/1 from my advisor...
Nice, does that mean you are week 40? If yes, you take the new prize for earliest build! Congrats
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 08:39 AM   #340
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAP13 View Post
Caveat, I'm not an an owner, but I could still have an allocation. I was on the fence so I took the opportunity to drive the M2CS at Hockenheimring for a day.

I'm just your average driver, but if I were interested in buying the M2CS because I wanted it to spend most of the time on track, I would buy the M2C, and make the necessary upgrades. The M2CS is eager to rev (feels like an F80 comp from that perspective), but to me it feels like mostly like driving the M2C on track.

Outside of the track, I think it is certainly more special and more rare than the other M2s -- It does look awesome in person, and I would be a buyer if that's mostly what interested me. But for me, from a pure driving experience (which is what I value more), I feel I get 9/10 as much fun driving my current M2 on track. I can't speak to driving around town. Just my .02

So how quick is that 1:54.8 that was put down compared to what you think you're running?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 11:48 AM   #341
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHAP13 View Post

Unfortunately CS cars are not designed for track use. You definitely get the bang for your buck with buying an M2C. In fact Joe Achilles review said the CS heated up quicker due to the cup tires which puts more stress on the car than the comp without the tires.

Basically it comes down the driving experience. The CS will not make you beat your opponent, its the drive skill that will factor the most between the C and CS.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:29 PM   #342
deceptiv.M3
Captain
Rep

Welp, I did it.. after much back and forth (2 weeks) I secured an allocation for a misano blue/6 speed/cup2/black wheels m2 cs.

I'm excited - I worry the car might not be hugely different from my f80 m3 comp, but just the manual alone, the the limited production, and shorter wheelbase will keep me happy for years to come! I don't like the new bmw design language, lease is expiring in 5 months and the g87 m2 will likely not be out until 2023.
      09-18-2020, 01:34 PM   #343
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Welp, I did it.. after much back and forth (2 weeks) I secured an allocation for a misano blue/6 speed/cup2/black wheels m2 cs.

I'm excited - I worry the car might not be hugely different from my f80 m3 comp, but just the manual alone, the the limited production, and shorter wheelbase will keep me happy for years to come! I don't like the new bmw design language, lease is expiring in 5 months and the g87 m2 will likely not be out until 2023.
Were you able to score a discount???
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 01:40 PM   #344
cncmastr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 ZCP, F85, E70, E39 S2

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to cncmastr
Quote:

Awesome! Welcome to the club!

Yes the M2 chassis rotates much better than the M4 it feels much better to drive, you'll love it!
      09-18-2020, 01:48 PM   #345
deceptiv.M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Were you able to score a discount???
negative, msrp.. but I did get them to commit to including any BMW discounts between now and them introducing them before delivery. The 0.9 % interest helps potentially deter any major deprecation first couple years barring a significant accident
      09-18-2020, 01:59 PM   #346
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
negative, msrp.. but I did get them to commit to including any BMW discounts between now and them introducing them before delivery. The 0.9 % interest helps potentially deter any major deprecation first couple years barring a significant accident
Did you get confirmation that the 0.9% is going to extend. I'm thinking about locking in out of hope, but I was warned that it could result in two credit pulls if it doesn't carry over. Which I don't want.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 02:09 PM   #347
deceptiv.M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Did you get confirmation that the 0.9% is going to extend. I'm thinking about locking in out of hope, but I was warned that it could result in two credit pulls if it doesn't carry over. Which I don't want.
I feel like yes that they said they’d lock in the lower rate so even if it changes in January, I’d get the 0.9
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 06:54 PM   #348
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I feel like yes that they said they’d lock in the lower rate so even if it changes in January, I’d get the 0.9
If you wouldn't mind getting confirmation I'd appreciate it. My SA and I were chatting tonight and he said the numbers hadn't come out yet for the CS. Maybe dealership has ability to extend the financing to customers?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:03 PM   #349
CarJunkie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, e30 325e, f15 X5 40e

Garage List
My CA did not see any special financing promotion for this car, so I was quoted a 2.9% rate. If someone is getting a better rate from BMW financing, please let us know so we can pass that information along.
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMW OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:43 PM   #350
deceptiv.M3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
My CA did not see any special financing promotion for this car, so I was quoted a 2.9% rate. If someone is getting a better rate from BMW financing, please let us know so we can pass that information along.
I was told by 3 dealers that the financing rates are for 2020 model years. They came at me initially with 2.9 for 72 months which i said no, look further. “Top tier” aka > 740 credit scores qualifies for 1.9 for 72 or 0.9 for 60 for BMWFS and I believe it applied to all 2020s which the CS is so unless the CS specifically doesn’t qualify i don’t see why not, so long as the credit score is there. That 1 percent interest for me would be enough to push me over the edge and not buy the car

I was clear that any higher than that i simply wouldn’t purchase the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:50 PM   #351
deceptiv.M3
Captain
Rep

Also i just got the build number- what number or whatever can i call to see progress? Never purchased an allocation before- exciting stuff
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2020, 07:56 PM   #352
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Also i just got the build number- what number or whatever can i call to see progress? Never purchased an allocation before- exciting stuff
You can go to owners on BMW usa and sign up for the account. Select add vehicle and you can input based on production number.
Appreciate 0