BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS delivery - Mexico (BSM - 6MT - M-CCB - GLD 763M - PSS) w/ First Impressions

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #177
lax01
Major
672
Rep
1,351
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Do you have an idea for what purpose those extensions serve after all
Per previous threads and comments, its part of EU safety (???) regs - TBD on whether they actually be included on US-spec cars

That is absolutely insane that those pieces are that big too
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #178
Pol
Major
Pol's Avatar
Belgium
930
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Per previous threads and comments, its part of EU safety (???) regs - TBD on whether they actually be included on US-spec cars

That is absolutely insane that those pieces are that big too
Thanks! I conclude that even on a M2 Comp. configuration they are present now .
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 08:00 AM   #179
devo
Colonel
United_States
733
Rep
2,739
Posts

Drives: Bimmers & Porsches
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeroujimo View Post
They say that the devil's in the details. Perhaps to some, the small differences (if I may refer to them as such) that constitute the CS and that make it such a special vehicle don't justify the additional financial burden over its smaller (no offense meant to the OG and C owners) siblings' price tag yet when focusing on the facts it suddenly becomes a much easier task. Allow me please.

So from an ENGINEERING perspective, the CS is a more capable machine in almost every aspect; weight-wise, power-wise, structural-wise, handling-wise, grip-wise, et cetera-wise; not by much but I would like to think that by enough. Races (as well as bragging rights) are won by hundreds of a second; thousands even. Here is a car that could compensate for your lack of driving skills when paired against your more experienced buddy in his M2C. Can you honestly assign a value to this? Neither can I.

Then there is the DISTINCTIVE factor. I am unsure whether I can refer to the CS' production as "limited" or not. In order to avoid veering off topic, I will navigate around such term and proceed to call it "short production run". The fact of the matter is that for every CS at a meet, there will be an abundant population of Competition M2s. If you were the hot chick, who would you wanna ride home with? Me too.

Next in line is the WOW factor. There is something special about that bonnet intake and the way those golden wheels blend with the body shades that I can't just yet put to words however you must not worry as you won't have to explain. This beast of a car stands out and speaks for itself. These and its other differences allow it to. If you ask me, by this stage you should be calling your best buddy and telling him you've found a substitute.

Last but not least is the FUN factor. Yes, the CS' siblings could very well provide a fair portion however why should you settle for a day's worth when you could have a week's by combining all of the above mentioned benefits?

Let us recapitulate. Here is a car that will turn you into a better driver without having actually improved your skills (perception is everything); will land you the girl you've always aspired to but (because lacking self esteem) never actually aimed for; will make you stand out without actually having stepped foot into a gym; and will make you have the best time of your life. I think PRICELESS is the word you are looking for.

Go for it and stay safe!
Well said... like most any material thing in life, price exponentially rises in comparison to the gains ~ perceived by some ~ when starting from an already superb platform.
__________________
19 M2C HS, Stick, Exec, Sans Sunroof, 763M Comps
18 GT3 White, Stick, Buckets, PCCBs
20 CS...

Last edited by devo; 07-25-2020 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2020, 04:04 PM   #180
blitzyo
Private
24
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 19' M2C
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Bootmod3

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Do you have an idea for what purpose those extensions serve after all
I expect my BSM CS within 2 weeks now. As it will be treated immediately with Xpel and Coating I could ask to remove the extensions at the same time.
I think it's because the wheels mustn't extend past the fenders in EU.
At least that's why they were there on my RS3.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 09:40 AM   #181
Pol
Major
Pol's Avatar
Belgium
930
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzyo View Post
I think it's because the wheels mustn't extend past the fenders in EU.
At least that's why they were there on my RS3.
Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2020, 10:16 AM   #182
Dr. Devilcars
Registered
8
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Black Shadow F87
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Mexico

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pol View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeroujimo View Post
New wheel arch stripes/fenders are gone! I was hesitant to remove them at first but thanks to my good friend Dr. Devilcars' advice I took the plunge

They are not just a simple strip but rather a bulky piece of plastic. Also, once removed you'll find a vinyl strip adhered to the car. We've managed to remove everything without any issues.

Do you have an idea for what purpose those extensions serve after all
I expect my BSM CS within 2 weeks now. As it will be treated immediately with Xpel and Coating I could ask to remove the extensions at the same time.
They reduce drag. So you can have lower emissions.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 11:46 AM   #183
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1516
Rep
1,874
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #184
Pol
Major
Pol's Avatar
Belgium
930
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Nice! My BSM should be delivered next week.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2020, 03:52 PM   #185
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
341
Rep
1,702
Posts

Drives: M2
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: GEORGIA

iTrader: (0)

Wow. How does Mexico receive before US. Unbelievable.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:26 AM   #186
JustChris
General
JustChris's Avatar
Isle of Man
11416
Rep
20,483
Posts

Drives: G80 M3 Isle of Man Green
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MZWIE View Post
Wow. How does Mexico receive before US. Unbelievable.
I'd get used to it. Home of the next gen!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2020, 06:28 AM   #187
Durham M2 CS
Private
Durham M2 CS's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 CS
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Co. Durham UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeroujimo View Post
New wheel arch stripes/fenders are gone! I was hesitant to remove them at first but thanks to my good friend Dr. Devilcars' advice I took the plunge

They are not just a simple strip but rather a bulky piece of plastic. Also, once removed you'll find a vinyl strip adhered to the car. We've managed to remove everything without any issues.
Is this an easy DIY job? How are they attached in addition to the vinyl strips?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:32 PM   #188
Tigeroujimo
Private
Tigeroujimo's Avatar
315
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 1M, M4 GTS, M2 CS
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Mexico City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Durham View Post
Is this an easy DIY job? How are they attached in addition to the vinyl strips?
You could very well perform the job yourself however you must be careful when peeling those under-the-fender vinyl strips from the body. The plastic arch stripes are basically held with screws located inside the wheel arch.

Once those vinyl arch strips came off, I was REALLY surprised to see marks on the body. It appears as though those crazy Bavarian engineers cut or trimmed the vinyl strips once they had been placed on the car's body. Even though the marks don't appear to have pierced the clear coat and gotten to the paint, they are visible. I took the car to my dealer and we decided to lightly sand the marks and polish them afterwards. Most of them went away but a small part was still left. After reapplying the Xpel they faded even more but if you get really close you can definitely perceive them. By the way, they were only present on the front of the car and not on the rear.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 09:35 PM   #189
sdhotwn
Mmmm... Bavarian
sdhotwn's Avatar
United_States
379
Rep
678
Posts

Drives: F30 335i, F25 X3, E36 M3
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Wisconsin, USA

iTrader: (0)

Tigeroujimo - If you were ranking your current stable so far, if you were going out for a morning canyon/twisties blast... what's the order of selection amongst the Bimmers?
__________________
2014 EBII MSport 335i -Delivered 7/12/14
1998 Hellrot M3/4/5
2011 X3
M2 CS (In Production)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 03:34 AM   #190
Durham M2 CS
Private
Durham M2 CS's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 CS
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Co. Durham UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeroujimo View Post
You could very well perform the job yourself however you must be careful when peeling those under-the-fender vinyl strips from the body. The plastic arch stripes are basically held with screws located inside the wheel arch.

Once those vinyl arch strips came off, I was REALLY surprised to see marks on the body. It appears as though those crazy Bavarian engineers cut or trimmed the vinyl strips once they had been placed on the car's body. Even though the marks don't appear to have pierced the clear coat and gotten to the paint, they are visible. I took the car to my dealer and we decided to lightly sand the marks and polish them afterwards. Most of them went away but a small part was still left. After reapplying the Xpel they faded even more but if you get really close you can definitely perceive them. By the way, they were only present on the front of the car and not on the rear.
Thanks for that. I'm collecting our car today and have it booked in for PPF next week. I'll discuss the possible removal with them.
Do you recall into what exactly the screws locate to attach these strips and after their removal did you relocate the screws?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 05:36 PM   #191
Tigeroujimo
Private
Tigeroujimo's Avatar
315
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 1M, M4 GTS, M2 CS
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Mexico City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdhotwn View Post
Tigeroujimo - If you were ranking your current stable so far, if you were going out for a morning canyon/twisties blast... what's the order of selection amongst the Bimmers?
Let me reflect on your question and I will come back to you
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 05:41 PM   #192
Tigeroujimo
Private
Tigeroujimo's Avatar
315
Rep
52
Posts

Drives: 1M, M4 GTS, M2 CS
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Mexico City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Durham View Post
Thanks for that. I'm collecting our car today and have it booked in for PPF next week. I'll discuss the possible removal with them.
Do you recall into what exactly the screws locate to attach these strips and after their removal did you relocate the screws?
Given what I found, it is a must that you execute this modification with your dealer. Should they find any markings on the car's body, it will be for them to correct.

The screws go into conventional screw holes that you can obstruct by fitting the screws once the arch plastic pieces have been removed.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 05:18 AM   #193
Durham M2 CS
Private
Durham M2 CS's Avatar
United Kingdom
54
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 CS
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Co. Durham UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeroujimo View Post
Given what I found, it is a must that you execute this modification with your dealer. Should they find any markings on the car's body, it will be for them to correct.

The screws go into conventional screw holes that you can obstruct by fitting the screws once the arch plastic pieces have been removed.
Thanks. Your help is appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 05:01 PM   #194
IcewaterPete
New Member
United_States
12
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: BMW F33 M Sport, BMW E93
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Congrats on the new ride!

Thanks for all of the detail on your first impressions!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2020, 05:14 PM   #195
detroitm2
Lieutenant Colonel
detroitm2's Avatar
United_States
1704
Rep
1,957
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Michigan

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
That thing is damn sexy. Sadly, out of my budget
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 08:28 PM   #196
burnsniper
First Lieutenant
118
Rep
323
Posts

Drives: AW F80 ZCP & 1M BSM
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: On a Creek in the Mountains

iTrader: (0)

Black on gold is how I would spec it. Sexxxy.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2020, 08:48 PM   #197
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1516
Rep
1,874
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
Black on gold is how I would spec it. Sexxxy.

Appreciate 1
Poochie5545.50

      09-12-2020, 11:41 AM   #198
GimmeanM
We've landed on the moon!
GimmeanM's Avatar
United_States
540
Rep
648
Posts

Drives: 2011 1M (AW)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Denver, CO

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2018 Toyota Tacoma  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsniper View Post
Black on gold is how I would spec it. Sexxxy.

Naw...

Black and GOLD!!


__________________
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:32 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST