BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS delivery - The Netherlands (HS - M-DCT - M-CCB - BLK 763M - PSS)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-04-2020, 10:51 AM   #111
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
1112
Rep
1,598
Posts

Drives: HP4C M2CS HS DCT 718GT4 slot
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

So, yesterday the car got the 2K km service.

I will bring a visit to my neighbor country Germany, the BAB, to see how this car will react and drives at higher speeds, the car has the so-called "drivers package" so 280 km/h will be the limit.

So far this car is really some DD, far better than the OG M2.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 01:42 AM   #112
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
1112
Rep
1,598
Posts

Drives: HP4C M2CS HS DCT 718GT4 slot
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Yesterday I brought a visit to the Nurburgring and did some extensive high speed driving with the CS.

1 It really takes off effortless to 280 km/h.

2 There is a rather annoying resonating sound, occurring while driving at 190-220 km/h.

Friend of mine while driving thought it must come from the bonnet, the air flow over CS bonnet must create some weird noises. Maybe the wind direction is also an influential factor.

Are there same experiences by M2 CS drivers, maybe M3 M4 CS owners as well regarding this weird sound while driving fast?

Otherwise the car is just a dream, very linear power delivery, no comparison to the OG M2, very smooth driving, also rather quiet at high speeds.

CCB are awesome too.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2020, 03:01 AM   #113
Pol
Major
Pol's Avatar
Belgium
930
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Thatís my opinion as well after 1500km, no comparison to the OG M2. Much quieter ride in general. Suspension neither can be compared.
Appreciate 1
Romo1111.50

      09-13-2020, 06:25 AM   #114
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
13469
Rep
10,549
Posts

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
There is a rather annoying resonating sound, occurring while driving at 190-220 km/h.
Friend of mine while driving thought it must come from the bonnet, the air flow over CS bonnet must create some weird noises. Maybe the wind direction is also an influential factor.
Are there same experiences by M2 CS drivers, maybe M3 M4 CS owners as well regarding this weird sound while driving fast?
I created a dedicated thread here to ask for experiences by other M2 CS drivers ("M2 CS Whistle': hood air vent design causing a 'Helmholtz resonance' issue ?").
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 2
Romo1111.50
Poochie5545.50

      09-14-2020, 12:10 AM   #115
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
1112
Rep
1,598
Posts

Drives: HP4C M2CS HS DCT 718GT4 slot
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Thanks Artemis!!!

I`m flabbergasted, but that is exactly what I meant.

Now the question is: can it be resolved. Do I have to make an appointment with the dealer?

How on earth is this possible, it seems like an major desing fault. I mean; BMW is doing high speed testing or what?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2020, 06:43 AM   #116
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
13469
Rep
10,549
Posts

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Thanks Artemis!!!
I`m flabbergasted, but that is exactly what I meant.
Now the question is: can it be resolved. Do I have to make an appointment with the dealer?
How on earth is this possible, it seems like an major desing fault. I mean; BMW is doing high speed testing or what?
It's just a guess, no conclusion. The resonance can have a totally different cause. Have it checked. Is it only a resonance sound or do you also experience vibration in the steering wheel?
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2020, 07:27 PM   #117
Franzino
Captain
Franzino's Avatar
Belgium
803
Rep
897
Posts

Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 coming
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
I have also a 718 GT4 PDK on order, ETA; spring g 2021;
Just wondering; why did you not take one of those two (CS & GT4) as a manual; to make the difference bigger between them?
__________________
Appreciate 1
Romo1111.50

      09-23-2020, 07:29 PM   #118
Franzino
Captain
Franzino's Avatar
Belgium
803
Rep
897
Posts

Drives: M2 MY17 / Alpine A110 coming
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
The 6 MT was very good at the shifter, but i disliked very much the clutch, to high engagement, to long travel, dead feel overall.
=> UCP clutch pedal solves this
__________________
Appreciate 1
Romo1111.50

      09-24-2020, 05:01 AM   #119
AK.Alexx
Private First Class
Belgium
44
Rep
112
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 on order
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: BELGIUM

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
So, yesterday the car got the 2K km service.

I will bring a visit to my neighbor country Germany, the BAB, to see how this car will react and drives at higher speeds, the car has the so-called "drivers package" so 280 km/h will be the limit.

So far this car is really some DD, far better than the OG M2.
Are the burbles louder after 2000km service?
Car has 300km, had an akrapovic evolution line fitted and itís a lot less loud then m2 comp. other software? Or does it needs the service for full potential?

Nice car!
Groeten uit BelgiŽ
Appreciate 1
Romo1111.50

      09-24-2020, 05:18 AM   #120
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
5546
Rep
5,925
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
Thanks Artemis!!!
I`m flabbergasted, but that is exactly what I meant.
Now the question is: can it be resolved. Do I have to make an appointment with the dealer?
How on earth is this possible, it seems like an major desing fault. I mean; BMW is doing high speed testing or what?
It's just a guess, no conclusion. The resonance can have a totally different cause. Have it checked. Is it only a resonance sound or do you also experience vibration in the steering wheel?
I don't know why all the confusion, it sounds pretty self-explanatory to me; there is a hole in the hood, so as the car builds up momentum, it causes air to ram through the opening, creating turbulence, which is the byproduct of all kids of strange sounds..

The same way, for example, how drilled/slotted rotors generates a whooshing sound, as the air passes through the vent openings..

The only thing that's surprising to me, is that BMW, even on a limited production model, didn't smooth out the edges and create a discernible work-around to this inherent and obvious issue, of that an open hood..

Some decisions are so well-thought out and others are so asinine 🤷🏻
Appreciate 1
Romo1111.50

      09-24-2020, 06:57 AM   #121
hansomatic
One Life
Germany
295
Rep
204
Posts

Drives: M2CS
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Germany

iTrader: (1)

Quit yer bitchin' and make that MF'er whistle!




Appreciate 2
cbmmm3150.00
Romo1111.50

      09-29-2020, 10:21 AM   #122
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
1112
Rep
1,598
Posts

Drives: HP4C M2CS HS DCT 718GT4 slot
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Next problem;


Right front brake keeps squealing after I have braked.

Coming to a corner, applying the brakes, cornering and of course no braking, the right front brake keeps braking and make a squealing sound.

Visual inspection just fine.

The dealer is contacting BMW on how to solve this problem.

It's like this;

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1119384
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #123
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
1112
Rep
1,598
Posts

Drives: HP4C M2CS HS DCT 718GT4 slot
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franzino View Post
Just wondering; why did you not take one of those two (CS & GT4) as a manual; to make the difference bigger between them?

CS was not directly available in MT

GT4 the 6MT has too long gearing, I definitely want the shorter PDK
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 10:26 AM   #124
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
1112
Rep
1,598
Posts

Drives: HP4C M2CS HS DCT 718GT4 slot
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK.Alexx View Post
Are the burbles louder after 2000km service?
Car has 300km, had an akrapovic evolution line fitted and it’s a lot less loud then m2 comp. other software? Or does it needs the service for full potential?

Nice car!
Groeten uit BelgiŽ
CS is more quiet then the OGM2

But no problem for me.

CS is just he logical end of the M2 evolution IMO

Groeten uit Nederland :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 10:29 AM   #125
Romo
Lieutenant Colonel
Romo's Avatar
Netherlands
1112
Rep
1,598
Posts

Drives: HP4C M2CS HS DCT 718GT4 slot
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Netherlands

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I don't know why all the confusion, it sounds pretty self-explanatory to me; there is a hole in the hood, so as the car builds up momentum, it causes air to ram through the opening, creating turbulence, which is the byproduct of all kids of strange sounds..

The same way, for example, how drilled/slotted rotors generates a whooshing sound, as the air passes through the vent openings..

The only thing that's surprising to me, is that BMW, even on a limited production model, didn't smooth out the edges and create a discernible work-around to this inherent and obvious issue, of that an open hood..

Some decisions are so well-thought out and others are so asinine ����


The confusion is there because all of the Bimmerpost present M2CS owners do not recognize the sound that I have noticed while doing high speed BAB driving.

So, it seems to be I'm the only one, that is why I want it to be solved.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2020, 11:09 AM   #126
Pol
Major
Pol's Avatar
Belgium
930
Rep
1,297
Posts

Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
CS is more quiet then the OGM2

But no problem for me.

Groeten uit Nederland :-)
This is correct, it is very quiet compared to the M2 OG..
And neither a problem here. Moreover I absolutely like the sounds inside now.
At low revs and "efficient" mode it sounds like an 8 cylinder.
I even had a bypass placed in my M2 OG as the ASD sound was too fake.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:13 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST