BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Bmw of Alexandria

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-30-2019, 10:04 PM   #1
Day Laborer
Major
574
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: F87 M2 / F82 M4 GTS/ G01 X3M40
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (11)

Bmw of Alexandria



Just wanted to give people a heads up on how these guys treat their customer's property; they took my vehicle to the grocery store for food and what not. I'm sure they routinely take customer cars for food runs and what not.

Its about 3 years ago, but they have recently pissed me off again with additional damage on another car.
This time around they refused to even give me a loaner while my car was being fixed

Time for me to no longer be silent about the terrible experiences I get from this place.
__________________
http://www.precisionmedals.com/charts1/car.jpg
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2019, 12:19 PM   #2
maddoc
Lieutenant
129
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: F87
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cashburn, VA

iTrader: (0)

This is my absolute fear with any dealership.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 06:57 PM   #3
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
2129
Rep
2,821
Posts

Drives: Porsche 911 Targa GTS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I go to Fairfax. They seem most fair of the DC BMW dealers. With that said, I took my BMW to the Fairfax Service Center next door to them for routine service. Much less expensive and they don’t drive your car around like that.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #4
ZM2
Colonel
1383
Rep
2,195
Posts

Drives: 2017 LBB M2
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Baltimore

iTrader: (0)

One of the other guys mentioned they’re not very mod friendly either. Like any biz, the culture starts at the top.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #5
maddoc
Lieutenant
129
Rep
520
Posts

Drives: F87
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Cashburn, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
I go to Fairfax. They seem most fair of the DC BMW dealers. With that said, I took my BMW to the Fairfax Service Center next door to them for routine service. Much less expensive and they donít drive your car around like that.
I've used Fairfax most. I no longer work near Fairfax, so one of these days I'll be going to Sterling.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 10:54 PM   #6
wanofakind01
Lieutenant
264
Rep
590
Posts

Drives: '17 BMW M2 6MT, '16 BMW X1
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DC

iTrader: (3)

sterling is my go-to after too many bad experiences at fairfax, the service guys there are really chill, havent heard the same about their sales though
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 07:59 AM   #7
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
2129
Rep
2,821
Posts

Drives: Porsche 911 Targa GTS
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: DC area

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanofakind01 View Post
sterling is my go-to after too many bad experiences at fairfax, the service guys there are really chill, havent heard the same about their sales though
You must be lucky.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #8
wanofakind01
Lieutenant
264
Rep
590
Posts

Drives: '17 BMW M2 6MT, '16 BMW X1
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DC

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanofakind01 View Post
sterling is my go-to after too many bad experiences at fairfax, the service guys there are really chill, havent heard the same about their sales though
You must be lucky.
Haha maybe, i do only work through one SA and he takes care of us
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #9
FrozenGT
Second Lieutenant
118
Rep
250
Posts

Drives: 2021 Z4 M40i - Lexus NX300 F
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Ashburn VA

iTrader: (0)

That's very scary!! I hope this was reported to the Police. I just picked up 2020 from them. My car will never see that dealer again.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2020, 07:49 PM   #10
tbaig
Private First Class
60
Rep
176
Posts

Drives: None
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Washington D.C.

iTrader: (0)

The is for the heads up. This is one of my worst fears.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2020, 05:06 PM   #11
mike523M2
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2017 m2, Evora, Alpina b7
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Northern VA

iTrader: (0)

was thinking about going there for a service. Thanks for the heads up.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 07:08 AM   #12
DGTLM2C
Enlisted Member
8
Rep
44
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Sterling

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Laborer View Post


Just wanted to give people a heads up on how these guys treat their customer's property; they took my vehicle to the grocery store for food and what not. I'm sure they routinely take customer cars for food runs and what not.

Its about 3 years ago, but they have recently pissed me off again with additional damage on another car.
This time around they refused to even give me a loaner while my car was being fixed

Time for me to no longer be silent about the terrible experiences I get from this place.
what did they end up doing or saying after this was shown to them? Any action/recourse?
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 10:05 AM   #13
Day Laborer
Major
574
Rep
1,112
Posts

Drives: F87 M2 / F82 M4 GTS/ G01 X3M40
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (11)

I got them to replace my CF front lip; no other recourse offered
__________________
http://www.precisionmedals.com/charts1/car.jpg
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:34 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST