BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > M Performance Parts for M2 Competition (part #, install hours, etc.)

06-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #89
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
I guess it's an unreasonable expectation to look for a Steering Wheel Pro with an orange center mark? If you're buying that wheel you'd want the blue-accent interior to match that wheel's blue center mark. Even better if there was no center mark at all IMO.
Well apparently YOU would.

" Matching" ...

That's color design for beginners.

The blue accent mark on the steering wheel has nothing to do with the seats just like the OEM steering wheel with M stripes has nothing to do with them either. (It's not in orange or blue trim either is it ?).

Do you wear a dark suit with matching tie, wallet, cuff links and shoes all the same color ? Perhaps all of them orange ??

do you try and match your tie to your shoes by making them the same color ??

Then why should your car interior be this way ?
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      06-07-2018, 08:33 AM   #90
Al1969
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chwali View Post
I see all of you focus on cf roof, while nobody mentioned the best thing from the whole list. BLACK M2 car cover!!! Oh man, I'm such a sucker for it. Gimme!
+1
The grey one I got from BMW with the M2 is ... well my wife is still laughing about it
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 08:37 AM   #91
Duck Sauce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto M3

Looking at that list, it says the hood is available July 2018. Would be nice to take delivery with that hood already painted and on the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 08:49 AM   #92
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

The responses here are hilarious. How about all you 'track devils' wait until you actually get the car and realize that the car is light footed already (especially with the S55), and has way more power than is useable before swapping fenders, hoods, trunk lids and moaning about the CF roof skin. 9/10ths of the M2C will be 150% more car than 99.9% of the people on here can handle (verified stats)... so maybe keep the wallets heavier and leave the car in stock form for a hot minute?

The people who are actually serious about tracking and competing aren't in here bitching about the roof skin swap. The car is a tool, and that's about it. Hacking it apart to gain every last degree of advantage over the next guy is totally fine.
Appreciate 4
COChris887.50
stefan2346.50
      06-07-2018, 09:50 AM   #93
Powaup
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
At $150 per hour roof install will be $1875
that would be at a service dept labor.. not body shop.. although you are in CA..

Anyone having this done needs to have a BODY SHOP perform this repair.
Per previous interview BMW dealers will take on install of all M performance parts. Maybe they'll outsource most of the work to a body shop idk. I can't picture the guys in the service bay chopping a roof open. Just my opinion though
      06-07-2018, 10:02 AM   #94
Dog Face Pony Soldier
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep
Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Quote:
I guess it's an unreasonable expectation to look for a Steering Wheel Pro with an orange center mark? If you're buying that wheel you'd want the blue-accent interior to match that wheel's blue center mark. Even better if there was no center mark at all IMO.
Well apparently YOU would.

" Matching" ...

That's color design for beginners.

The blue accent mark on the steering wheel has nothing to do with the seats just like the OEM steering wheel with M stripes has nothing to do with them either. (It's not in orange or blue trim either is it ?).

Do you wear a dark suit with matching tie, wallet, cuff links and shoes all the same color ? Perhaps all of them orange ??

do you try and match your tie to your shoes by making them the same color ??

Then why should your car interior be this way ?
Some say my ability to match clothes has been lost since I grew out of Garanimals. Maybe that's why my closet looks like a black hole. That being said- I made a pretty good living designing and selling bespoke custom automobiles... And our specialty was custom interiors!

To each his own, but I'd prefer no center mark at all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garanimals
      06-07-2018, 10:07 AM   #95
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Some say my ability to match clothes has been lost since I grew out of Garanimals. Maybe that's why my closet looks like a black hole. That being said- I made a pretty good living designing and selling bespoke custom automobiles... And our specialty was custom interiors!

To each his own, but I'd prefer no center mark at all.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garanimals

I'm big 'nough to roll without a center mark too.....
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 10:12 AM   #96
kfscoll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘18 MG M2 6MT, ‘15 MW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silververtu View Post
Don't forget front windshield has special coating for the HUD which means $$$$$$
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 10:33 AM   #97
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

How about a port installed S58 engine?
      06-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #98
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Nice try, not gonna happen...

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 11:29 AM   #99
Cavpilot2k
Chief Warrant Officer
Rep
Drives: like a damn lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Just hold off on buying for about 3-4 years and you'll probably get it in the next (G?) chassis.

There's always something better just around the corner...
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 01:33 PM   #100
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
The responses here are hilarious. How about all you 'track devils' wait until you actually get the car and realize that the car is light footed already (especially with the S55), and has way more power than is useable before swapping fenders, hoods, trunk lids and moaning about the CF roof skin. 9/10ths of the M2C will be 150% more car than 99.9% of the people on here can handle (verified stats)... so maybe keep the wallets heavier and leave the car in stock form for a hot minute?

The people who are actually serious about tracking and competing aren't in here bitching about the roof skin swap. The car is a tool, and that's about it. Hacking it apart to gain every last degree of advantage over the next guy is totally fine.
You are right, but the roof just looks awesome, TBH.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 01:52 PM   #101
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:

Some guys like skinny chicks (1er) .. some guys like HWP (2er) , some like a big booty (OG M2), some like chubby/Thick women.. (M2 Comp and M3/M4 ) and some guys like a BBW that's " light on her feet.. " (M5), and then there is full on fat chick (7 series)

Now then.. your profile indicates you have an M3.... just because you've got a thick girl... doesn't mean you gotta try and tell guys that are looking for a skinny chick to just hang out with the chubby girl because she is " light on her feet.. "

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 06-07-2018 at 02:02 PM..
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50
      06-07-2018, 02:39 PM   #102
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:

And there are some that want the roof or other panels purely for looks. People will spend their money on what they like for whatever reason. Who gives a f*ck?
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 02:49 PM   #103
nbennettksu
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: DV F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
You need to remove the glue from the pillars and the windows and then just place them again. You don't need new ones.

Pretty idiotic at BMW mentions that in the document. Let's see what is needed and what the dealer says when I ask for it.

MR
enjoy your wind noise from the glass being 1/8" thicker due to the double glue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchu221 View Post
the wheels make me mad...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhabs View Post
It's one thing for some buffoon to put an M badge on something that doesn't deserve it...it's another for a multi-billion dollar corporation to do the exact same thing and keep a straight face.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 03:25 PM   #104
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Sauce View Post
What information is there?
what do you mean? The key column is whether it's backward compatible with the civic M2
      06-07-2018, 03:27 PM   #105
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Some guys like skinny chicks (1er) .. some guys like HWP (2er) , some like a big booty (OG M2), some like chubby/Thick women.. (M2 Comp and M3/M4 ) and some guys like a BBW that's " light on her feet.. " (M5), and then there is full on fat chick (7 series)

Now then.. your profile indicates you have an M3.... just because you've got a thick girl... doesn't mean you gotta try and tell guys that are looking for a skinny chick to just hang out with the chubby girl because she is " light on her feet.. "
oooo!!! Do me, do me! I have a M6 GC. So what am I? A BBW that plays lingerie football?
      06-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #106
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powaup View Post
At $150 per hour roof install will be $1875
then it would be cheaper to roll your car, get the insurance pay out and then buy a new M2C?
      06-07-2018, 03:39 PM   #107
Sleeper
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 BSM X5///MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
Quote:

And there are some that want the roof or other panels purely for looks. People will spend their money on what they like for whatever reason. Who gives a f*ck?
Clearly all the guys crying that their cosmetic roof skin replacement is too scary
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #108
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Quote:

oooo!!! Do me, do me! I have a M6 GC. So what am I? A BBW that plays lingerie football?
:
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 04:11 PM   #109
JLlRacing
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2competition

Part-Number. 2 449 476 FRONT ATTACHMENT = 1678€ + TAX
Part-Number. 2 449 807 BONNET = 4731,31€ + TAX
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2018, 04:15 PM   #110
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Appreciate 1
Flying Ace4982.50