BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Rear parking sensor on/off switch installed

05-23-2020, 06:42 PM   #177
OutoftheBlueM2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Would anyone by any chance sell me their Comfort & Sport control switch? I accidentally scratched mine getting it out 😤 and I don't want to use the switch that says Eco Pro instead of Comfort.

Or if anyone can direct me to where I can buy OEM or used I would greatly appreciate it.🙏 I can only seem to find control switches that say Eco Pro and not Comfort.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2020, 11:31 PM   #178
StarMan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17' M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutoftheBlueM2 View Post
Would anyone by any chance sell me their Comfort & Sport control switch? I accidentally scratched mine getting it out 😤 and I don't want to use the switch that says Eco Pro instead of Comfort.

Or if anyone can direct me to where I can buy OEM or used I would greatly appreciate it.🙏 I can only seem to find control switches that say Eco Pro and not Comfort.
Here you go
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132856028879
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 09:06 PM   #179
OutoftheBlueM2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Appreciate it bro. Ya I'll probably go for one of the ebay ones if I'm not able to find any that are new. Why is this part so hard to find? Even putting the part number into any BMW parts website returns no results ��
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2020, 10:32 PM   #180
omasou
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Appreciate it bro. Ya I'll probably go for one of the ebay ones if I'm not able to find any that are new. Why is this part so hard to find? Even putting the part number into any BMW parts website returns no results ��
I have a brand new operating unit that was in my OG M2 for a few months.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 02:06 PM   #181
OutoftheBlueM2
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
Quote:
I have a brand new operating unit that was in my OG M2 for a few months.
Sending you a message
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 09:58 AM   #182
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

I was so hipped about this when i came across this threat as the beeping is a pain, I just installed the button, changed everything, (I've got the reverse camera as I've seen it's not working without it), the light indicates that it works, all the buttons work apart from the parking, has anyone came across this problem ? the part is brand new, and my M2 is LHD 2017 if it matters.
Thanks for all the help in advance
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 10:39 AM   #183
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahaf2911 View Post
the light indicates that it works, all the buttons work apart from the parking, has anyone came across this problem ? the part is brand new, and my M2 is LHD 2017 if it matters.
Are you saying when you press the button to turn it off (LED is on by default when reversing), it does not stop beeping? In my case, it turns off reverse camera and stops beeping. I've only ever tried the button when backing into my garage, similar to your picture.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 10:47 AM   #184
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Are you saying when you press the button to turn it off (LED is on by default when reversing), it does not stop beeping? In my case, it turns off reverse camera and stops beeping. I've only ever tried the button when backing into my garage, similar to your picture.
Yes that's what I meant, I reverse, put in N/D and click the parking button but it just keeps beeping
I figured the green light might indicate that it should work but I guess I was wrong.
I went over all the threads (I know about 2) but didn't see any situation like this (only in RHD cars without cameras but it's not my case at all)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2020, 10:56 AM   #185
jkoral
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Quote:
Yes that's what I meant, I reverse, put in N/D and click the parking button but it just keeps beeping
I figured the green light might indicate that it should work but I guess I was wrong.
I went over all the threads (I know about 2) but didn't see any situation like this (only in RHD cars without cameras but it's not my case at all)
Odd, there must a wire missing from your blue connector harness, perhaps market specific for some unknown reason.

Edit: Looks like the same as post #174 above? https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...&postcount=174
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #186
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Odd, there must a wire missing from your blue connector harness, perhaps market specific for some unknown reason.

Edit: Looks like the same as post #174 above? https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;postcount=174
Yes I saw his post but unfortunately he doesn't have the reverse camera and that's why it doesn't work for him (as he said he didn't read/understand correctly).
But I will sure be looking into the wiring to see if all the wires are there as you said
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2020, 12:09 PM   #187
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep

Quote:
[QUOTE=Shahaf2911;26318570]

Edit: Looks like the same as post #174 above? https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...;postcount=174

Ok I've done a bit of digging but there is one thing I can't figure out!
If someone happens to have the button and it works it's would help so much!
As I've seen the difference in the module is that it has 1 extra pins (as seen in picture) compared to the original one, but I'm my harness it has 1 wire that it might be missing but I can't know since I can't fine an image of wires of someone who installed it and it works for him.
Any help would be fantastic!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 07:45 AM   #188
jb001
driver
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2

Hi, i just finished the rear parking sensor switch Install. My M2 has NO parking camera, so i Followed the instructions in this treath, and Made a wire to connect the center console unit (PIN1) with the ICM module (PIN28) as described. This was a two hour job. THE ONLY THING i would strongly recommend, is to unscrew the centre console entyrely. This Made plenty of room to work the ICM module, and way easier to re install the air duct going to the back seats. It's only a couple of screws. You don't need to remove the centre console entirely, A small amount of lift will do. Here's a link how to loossen the centre console. Also invest in a interior trim removal kit. You will need this to safely remove the trim without scratching or damaging. Not a single scratch occurred or clip has broken during the job. Together with my CS STYLE SEATS, best mod ever!

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...soles/H1AJ9DzR

Anyone wondering about the size pin needed to make the cable, here's the discription I found on my invoice. Article number, 61130056960. Buscontact MQS with cable. These wires are over a foot long, maybe one foot and 1/2. The pins are leftsided, so it's impossible to insert the wrong way... in the picture below you can see the remains of the two cables I soldered together.
Attached Images

2014 M235i, SOLD
2018 M2 LCI

Last edited by jb001; 07-10-2020 at 08:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 04:28 PM   #189
Shahaf2911
Private
Israel
Rep

Quote:

Ok I've done a bit of digging but there is one thing I can't figure out!
If someone happens to have the button and it works it's would help so much!
As I've seen the difference in the module is that it has 2 extra pins (as seen in picture) compared to the original one, but I'm my harness it has 1 wire that it might be missing but I can't know since I can't fine an image of wires of someone who installed it and it works for him.
Any help would be fantastic!
Ok so I've looked quite a lot in to this and it's really important for everyone seeking this mod, I do think I'm going to rout the wire from pin1 to pin28 as others have done and explained really well.
BUT before anyone decides to do this mod and buy this part you should CHECK in advance if you are missing this wire, even if you have a backup camera and your car isn't a RHD (those are the only reasons I've read that people wrote about this mod not working), which my car has a back up camera and is a LHD (and the mod doesn't work of course ahah).
Even though it's not a lot of money it's still a bummer and a waste of money when it's just a simple thing to check in advance if you don't want to go the route of wiring new cable
I'm just really annoyed by the beeping and having the part made me just want to do the wiring even more ahah

P.S. I've commented on my last post which shows which wire is missing
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2020, 10:03 PM   #190
Prodigy.
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///M2

If anyone in Australia is looking to buy one of these switches i have mine that i removed from my now sold M2. $70 aud.
Appreciate 1
      07-15-2021, 01:36 AM   #191
Takeyyz
Rep
Drives: E60-525i, E92-335i, F87M2

Hello.
I found this article very helpful. I also have this assy and am trying to install it on my M2.
However, I don't know how to remove this assy that originally came with the car.
I just took off the panel of the shift knob and took a peek at it, but I couldn't figure out how to remove the front and rear locking pawls that attach this assy. I couldn't seem to get my fingers into the front and back of the assy to push the locking pawls.
Could you please tell me more about how you removed this assy from the body?

Best,
Take
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2022, 11:03 AM   #192
Fuel99only
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

Appreciated

Mate thanks so much, working perfectly in M2 DCT UK. It was driving me nuts.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2023, 04:51 AM   #193
iAmRuSu
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Ok so I've looked quite a lot in to this and it's really important for everyone seeking this mod, I do think I'm going to rout the wire from pin1 to pin28 as others have done and explained really well.
BUT before anyone decides to do this mod and buy this part you should CHECK in advance if you are missing this wire, even if you have a backup camera and your car isn't a RHD (those are the only reasons I've read that people wrote about this mod not working), which my car has a back up camera and is a LHD (and the mod doesn't work of course ahah).
Even though it's not a lot of money it's still a bummer and a waste of money when it's just a simple thing to check in advance if you don't want to go the route of wiring new cable
I'm just really annoyed by the beeping and having the part made me just want to do the wiring even more ahah

P.S. I've commented on my last post which shows which wire is missing
Hi there,

Do you have any photos or a more in depth guide for adding that wire?
I have an M2 without reverse camera, bought the module with the parking sensors button and of course it doesn't work and I'm looking for some guidance.

I see the number of the missing wire and will order it.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2023, 02:07 AM   #194
M2OG
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a car

Hey everyone, resurrecting this thread from the dead to ask if anyone who's upgraded wants to sell me their stock part. Please and thank you
Appreciate 0