BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Any feedback on my European Delivery plans?

04-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #23
VBM2
United_States
Rep
Drives: N55 F87

Day 2 and day 9 will suck mileage wise. During my 2 week ED(10 days with the car) we did 1800 miles. The wife wanted to kill me. We drove from Fussen to Milan via Stelvio and it was the most stressful drive up the pass. The drive from Frankfurt to Munich airport was like 5 hrs so tack on another 3-4 from Nuemberring. We Day tripped from Frankfurt to the track as Touristenfahrten is only in the afternoon. The track was great for my son and I. My lovely wife wanted me to pull over so she could get out!!

We did Munich:Salzburg :Fussen: Milan: Luzerne: Strasbourg: Stuttgart: Frankfurt: Munich with a day of no travel in those cities for museums/sights.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 11:46 PM   #24
alavigne
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBM2 View Post
Day 2 and day 9 will suck mileage wise. During my 2 week ED(10 days with the car) we did 1800 miles. The wife wanted to kill me. We drove from Fussen to Milan via Stelvio and it was the most stressful drive up the pass. The drive from Frankfurt to Munich airport was like 5 hrs so tack on another 3-4 from Nuemberring. We Day tripped from Frankfurt to the track as Touristenfahrten is only in the afternoon. The track was great for my son and I. My lovely wife wanted me to pull over so she could get out!!

We did Munich:Salzburg :Fussen: Milan: Luzerne: Strasbourg: Stuttgart: Frankfurt: Munich with a day of no travel in those cities for museums/sights.
Why was the drive up the Stelvio stressful... curious?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 09:44 AM   #25
DARKMTTR
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 Competition & '18 X1

Garage List
Finalized plans

Hi all,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the advice and insight you've provided. Looking at my original plans they were certainly, overly ambitious. My ED is in less than 3 days (super ecstatic ) and the wait is killing me.

I mainly cut out the coast of Italy and France from my plans and have been more selective with the alpine passes I want to hit.

I look forward to sharing my ED story with all you once I return! You guys can also follow my trip as it happens on my instagram (shameless plug): @darkmttr_ !

My high level route is now this:

06-04-2019, 12:41 PM   #26
nosbocaj
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M3 Competition xDrive

Garage List
Looks great! It hasn't even a year since mine and I'm still jealous of anybody who gets to do it. It's just such an amazing experience. I'll look forward to reading about your ED story for sure. Have fun!
Appreciate 1
DARKMTTR229.00