BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Official M2 / M2 Competition Quotes, Pricing and Lease Rates Thread

04-02-2020, 01:15 PM   #155
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

@23109VC yeah, most people do not even consider leasing a M2 due to the horrendous rates.

My response is purely on buying a M2C
      04-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #156
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Well, if you're looking for a sign of the apocalypse.....

I had to call my SA today for a piece of paperwork that my credit union wanted for my loan.

45 min later, the head finance guy at the dealership called me and pretty much begged me to take the loan from them if they could match/beat terms- with 90 days upfront with no payments.

I'm waiting to hear back what he comes up with. It would make the purchase easier, so if they beat the rate, I don't care where the loan comes from.

R.
      04-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #157
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post

I had to call my SA today for a piece of paperwork that my credit union wanted for my loan.

45 min later, the head finance guy at the dealership called me and pretty much begged me to take the loan from them if they could match/beat terms- with 90 days upfront with no payments.

I'm waiting to hear back what he comes up with. It would make the purchase easier, so if they beat the rate, I don't care where the loan comes from.

R.
Good score! Again, some silver lining to things. Maybe BMW can help you out on account how long you had to wait for your vehicle.
      04-02-2020, 03:15 PM   #158
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post

R.
Interested to know who the lender is. Keep us updated .
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #159
ddnmkun
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87, G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Now before someone says it is immoral to push dealers on deals at a time like this. Let's not forget, the dealers also have a voice on whether they want to take the deal or not. And all dealers have a spreadsheet (at least the smart ones) that takes into account of all cost levers, so they can easily see what number they need to hit in order to continue their operations.

Good luck!
If those who is in the lucky position to buy, show no mercy and get the best deal out of it! Don't forget you are spending a lot of money as well.
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      04-06-2020, 12:28 PM   #160
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Nice little drop from 2.99 now 2.49
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #161
G80S58
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Xdrive, X3 M40i LCI

spoke to 2 dealers, one gave me $5k off msrp and another gave me $250. That's right $250 off lol
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 12:57 PM   #162
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Updated with April program -- no changes.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 01:21 PM   #163
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAMAZIN View Post
spoke to 2 dealers, one gave me $5k off msrp and another gave me $250. That's right $250 off lol
Haha $250 off MSRP? Is this in the SocCal area? That is very surprising at a time like this, but I guess if there is a captivated market with little supply...
      04-06-2020, 01:56 PM   #164
G80S58
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 Xdrive, X3 M40i LCI

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAMAZIN View Post
Haha $250 off MSRP? Is this in the SocCal area? That is very surprising at a time like this, but I guess if there is a captivated market with little supply...
Northeast
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2020, 05:47 PM   #165
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Nice little drop from 2.99 now 2.49
Cool-- thanks for the head's up.

I'm picking up my 2020 M2C tomorrow (Tues). I'd financed a bit of it through my credit union at 2.74 @ 60 months, but the finance guy at the dealership just emailed me and said I'm good to go through them at 2.49 for the same term.

Works for me.
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00
      04-06-2020, 09:20 PM   #166
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Has there ever been a negative rate auto loan before? I'd guess not. I picked up a Mazda 3 in 2010 and got 0% for 60 months. I wonder what kind of crazy incentives we will see as the economy craters.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:13 PM   #167
drledford93
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Ford Focus RS (RIP), C43 AMG

Any more stories lately? I'm "curiouser and curiouser" as this drags out. There are plenty of M2Cs on the lots and (probably) not too many customers. Makes me think and that, ladies and gentlemen, is a dangerous thing. lol
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2020, 08:41 PM   #168
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drledford93 View Post
Any more stories lately? I'm "curiouser and curiouser" as this drags out. There are plenty of M2Cs on the lots and (probably) not too many customers. Makes me think and that, ladies and gentlemen, is a dangerous thing. lol
That is true, however, you also have to consider that there are no new M2C entering the market.

Most dealers only have 1 on the lot. In that case, they may be inclined to hold onto it and see what happens.

In addition, medphysdave posted a great theory that BMW may cancel MY21 all together.

All we know right now is there is a stalemate between supply and demand and the result is for dealers to hold and see what happens.
      04-13-2020, 11:17 AM   #169
drledford93
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
That is true, however, you also have to consider that there are no new M2C entering the market.

Most dealers only have 1 on the lot. In that case, they may be inclined to hold onto it and see what happens.

In addition, medphysdave posted a great theory that BMW may cancel MY21 all together.

All we know right now is there is a stalemate between supply and demand and the result is for dealers to hold and see what happens.
I read through some of your and ///AVM's (sp?) exchanges on another, similar thread and loved your guys' insights. I can see it from a purely mathematical (via microeconomics) perspective. (My background is in mathematics with some economics study thrown in for good measure.)

I was truly interested to see how low the M2C would go but the problem is that the minimum (dealer actual cost) is unknown. If they could be had new for ~52k, that is a helluva bargain. But, your idea that everything is stagnant (meaning no new inventory coming) is a good foil to my thought of lowered prices. I will be interested to see how this plays out in the real world.

Thanks again for your education. I never liked the actual business world--theoretical was much more fun.
Appreciate 2
JCZ51482.50
///AVM2528.00
      04-13-2020, 12:31 PM   #170
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drledford93 View Post
Quote:

I read through some of your and ///AVM's (sp?) exchanges on another, similar thread and loved your guys' insights. I can see it from a purely mathematical (via microeconomics) perspective. (My background is in mathematics with some economics study thrown in for good measure.)

I was truly interested to see how low the M2C would go but the problem is that the minimum (dealer actual cost) is unknown. If they could be had new for ~52k, that is a helluva bargain. But, your idea that everything is stagnant (meaning no new inventory coming) is a good foil to my thought of lowered prices. I will be interested to see how this plays out in the real world.

Thanks again for your education. I never liked the actual business world--theoretical was much more fun.
Hey, your insights are definitely valuable as well. And obviously ///AVM provides so much value to everything he posts

I wish you can get one for $52K. However, based on my personal experience pre-COVID, it's about $56K best price with executive package and the dealer added carbon mirror caps, etc. during Covid, it's a hit or miss based on the supply argument I mentioned earlier. But if we assume all is well and dealers are motivated to move, I would think $1-2K more off that price? The reason I say this is because the dealer I worked with was pretty incentivize to move and they would not budge under $56K. However, they were willing to ship it to me. So account for around $1K shipping cost they would spend out of their pockets
      04-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #171
chickentendies
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

How does anyone have any luck emailing dealerships? Every response I get for pricing inquiries is MSRP on these now like the people responding are not interested at all in talking with me.
I assume they're having little/no issue moving m2s now
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2020, 08:52 PM   #172
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentendies View Post
How does anyone have any luck emailing dealerships? Every response I get for pricing inquiries is MSRP on these now like the people responding are not interested at all in talking with me.
The question is how are you emailing your dealers? You have to go right to the point and do your homework. For example, you have to say I'm looking for $XXX out the door or X% off. If you agree, I will sign the paperwork right now
M2COMP494.50
      04-13-2020, 09:13 PM   #173
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
. . . you have to say I'm looking for $XXX out the door or X% off.
JC

I agree 100%. No chit-chat or mincing words. The fewer the better.

"I would like to purchaser vehicle X for Y dollars OUT THE DOOR."

I do not like the X% off approach, as they can still tale-end you with bullshit add-on costs, fees, etc. Whereas OUT THE DOOR is OUT THE DOOR. You write them a check for Y dollars and they give you the key and title.

Interesting fact about this that many might not know. . . If you indicate Y dollars out the door, you will find the actual purchase price to be less than amount you agreed to pay out the door. The finance agent at dealership will retro-calculate all the taxes, fees etc to make things equate to the out the door price. Makes you feel even better about the purchase price, BUT it must also be taken somewhat into account in your offer.

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2020, 02:03 PM   #174
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep

Do you think there will be a trunk money for this model?

(Yes, I am all bored here but still working from home . )
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2020, 08:42 PM   #175
drledford93
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickentendies View Post
I bought an '18 Focus RS back in Dec 2018 and had the exact same response from almost all dealers. Thankfully, my local dealership came off >10% but none of the 7-8 others came off MSRP at all, even though these were not moving at that time. I found that to be really weird. (FWIW, I LOVE to negotiate, as my Dad was a banker and master negotiator.)

I've been watching and will be what the new M2Cs are doing.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #176
Tainen
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw e30 325i, subaru wrx

Quote:
Hey, your insights are definitely valuable as well. And obviously ///AVM provides so much value to everything he posts

I wish you can get one for $52K. However, based on my personal experience pre-COVID, it's about $56K best price with executive package and the dealer added carbon mirror caps, etc. during Covid, it's a hit or miss based on the supply argument I mentioned earlier. But if we assume all is well and dealers are motivated to move, I would think $1-2K more off that price? The reason I say this is because the dealer I worked with was pretty incentivize to move and they would not budge under $56K. However, they were willing to ship it to me. So account for around $1K shipping cost they would spend out of their pockets
Just signed at 10% off MSRP. So I think that meets your criteria? Although my spec had DCT and Exec in LBB, so out the door price was something like 57k. If you take off DCT, you're at about 54.
Appreciate 0