BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Owner Topic - MR from Czech Republic - Carbon Roof Installed

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-12-2019, 04:06 PM   #485
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3887
Rep
2,753
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I'm looking forward to your take on the AST coilovers.
Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
He only drives on straight roads so you will not hear much :
Yep yep yep yep

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 04:21 PM   #486
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3887
Rep
2,753
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Interesting experience at my end since the BBS FI-R rims have gone on the car. The weight difference is noticeable and I never thought it would be. I had a talk with an engineer from BBS and we dived into the specifics.

The 5kg I saved off per wheel by fitting the FI-R's really has made a difference at high speeds. I drove the autobahn yesterday and on the first few pulls I was amazed about the more ease of putting down the power and easy way in which I could reach Vmax, as if there was less mass to carry around.

The different is tiny, not major, but especially at speeds over 210 km/h you feel a difference which I haven't felt before with a car. I have never shaved off 5 kgs from a wheel which is about 33% or so, and since it is unsprung mass the impact is bigger, according to BBS's calculations.

Interesting experience. It is not as if you have more power, it is just the same but more fluid, less effort and easier acceleration through corners on the autobahn. It is like running at the same momentum, but it requires less force to do it. (I hope you understand what I mean)

MR
Appreciate 3
Poochie4642.50
mhanism271.00
msdss181.00

      06-12-2019, 04:44 PM   #487
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
4643
Rep
5,076
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Interesting experience at my end since the BBS FI-R rims have gone on the car. The weight difference is noticeable and I never thought it would be. I had a talk with an engineer from BBS and we dived into the specifics.

The 5kg I saved off per wheel by fitting the FI-R's really has made a difference at high speeds. I drove the autobahn yesterday and on the first few pulls I was amazed about the more ease of putting down the power and easy way in which I could reach Vmax, as if there was less mass to carry around.

The different is tiny, not major, but especially at speeds over 210 km/h you feel a difference which I haven't felt before with a car. I have never shaved off 5 kgs from a wheel which is about 33% or so, and since it is unsprung mass the impact is bigger, according to BBS's calculations.

Interesting experience. It is not as if you have more power, it is just the same but more fluid, less effort and easier acceleration through corners on the autobahn. It is like running at the same momentum, but it requires less force to do it. (I hope you understand what I mean)

MR
I totally get it; I had a similar experience when I switch to lighter wheels, it was totally unexpected but the vehicle felt lighter on its feet.

Love the FI-R wheels but at $8,000 USD, I'll pass for now..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 06:46 PM   #488
warrenw
Food Critic
warrenw's Avatar
South Korea
547
Rep
584
Posts

Drives: 19 AW M2C
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Seoul

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Interesting experience at my end since the BBS FI-R rims have gone on the car. The weight difference is noticeable and I never thought it would be. I had a talk with an engineer from BBS and we dived into the specifics.

The 5kg I saved off per wheel by fitting the FI-R's really has made a difference at high speeds. I drove the autobahn yesterday and on the first few pulls I was amazed about the more ease of putting down the power and easy way in which I could reach Vmax, as if there was less mass to carry around.

The different is tiny, not major, but especially at speeds over 210 km/h you feel a difference which I haven't felt before with a car. I have never shaved off 5 kgs from a wheel which is about 33% or so, and since it is unsprung mass the impact is bigger, according to BBS's calculations.

Interesting experience. It is not as if you have more power, it is just the same but more fluid, less effort and easier acceleration through corners on the autobahn. It is like running at the same momentum, but it requires less force to do it. (I hope you understand what I mean)

MR
I also have lighter wheels, significantly so, and that plus I switched brakes it makes a huge, noticeable difference.
__________________
Appreciate 1
mhanism271.00

      06-13-2019, 02:25 AM   #489
doughboy
Major General
doughboy's Avatar
United Kingdom
901
Rep
8,041
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: UK

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I'm looking forward to your take on the AST coilovers.
I think the AST kit might be by next major mod.

I'll have a chat with Litchfield about it when I'm in for the crank bolt capture on the 26th.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 03:51 AM   #490
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3887
Rep
2,753
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I think the AST kit might be by next major mod.

I'll have a chat with Litchfield about it when I'm in for the crank bolt capture on the 26th.
Order it now or quite soon, since the waiting list is quite long!

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:39 AM   #491
msdss
Lieutenant
msdss's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: May 2015
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
The 5kg I saved off per wheel by fitting the FI-R's really has made a difference at high speeds.

MR
5kg per wheel? that's 44lbs. are your sure that number is correct? i thought they were ~3-4lbs per wheel, not kg?

Last edited by msdss; 06-13-2019 at 12:07 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2019, 01:45 PM   #492
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
274
Rep
496
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C DCT
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: FL, USA

iTrader: (0)

We got our cars about the same time and it's crazy to see the difference. I live in a pool of regret and you're out living the dream with yours. Loved catching up and reading through the thread. Hope all is well.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 08:16 AM   #493
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3887
Rep
2,753
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
5kg per wheel? that's 44lbs. are your sure that number is correct? i thought they were ~3-4lbs per wheel, not kg?
Stock wheels are 12,2 kg front and 12,9 kg rear. BBS FI-R in 19 inch are 7,2 front and 7,5 kg rear. That is around 5 kg per wheel.

MR
Appreciate 1
msdss181.00

      06-16-2019, 08:31 AM   #494
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3887
Rep
2,753
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Logan View Post
We got our cars about the same time and it's crazy to see the difference. I live in a pool of regret and you're out living the dream with yours. Loved catching up and reading through the thread. Hope all is well.
A pool of regret? Don't like the car? You can always drop me a direct message here on the forum and I share you my phone number and we continue our talk on Whatsapp.

Same goes from anyone else who wants more info or has any questions with regards to certain things. I always try to reply within a day.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #495
msdss
Lieutenant
msdss's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: May 2015
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
A pool of regret? Don't like the car? You can always drop me a direct message here on the forum and I share you my phone number and we continue our talk on Whatsapp.

Same goes from anyone else who wants more info or has any questions with regards to certain things. I always try to reply within a day.

MR
I just wanna be a high roller. I'm basically denying myself basic human necessities to afford the car lol.

First dibs on any parts you want to sell! Haha
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2019, 06:41 PM   #496
FSU_Logan
Lieutenant
274
Rep
496
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C DCT
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: FL, USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
A pool of regret? Don't like the car? You can always drop me a direct message here on the forum and I share you my phone number and we continue our talk on Whatsapp.

Same goes from anyone else who wants more info or has any questions with regards to certain things. I always try to reply within a day.

MR
seeing as the car has lived in the shop.. yes.. I definitely regret the car lol.

blown motor
blown turbo seal
DCT may need replacing (new update was given 2 days ago)
blow front end bushings
trunk needed to be resprayed (cost me 1k+ out of pocket a month after I got the car due to THEIR defects under the paint)
taillight went out
<3k miles. im sure im missing stuff lol
__________________
2019 M2C DCT | Alpine White
Full AA exhaust (catless DP/signature exhaust) | M Performance Coilovers | Need to find some new wheels!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 03:53 AM   #497
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3887
Rep
2,753
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Logan View Post
seeing as the car has lived in the shop.. yes.. I definitely regret the car lol.

blown motor
blown turbo seal
DCT may need replacing (new update was given 2 days ago)
blow front end bushings
trunk needed to be resprayed (cost me 1k+ out of pocket a month after I got the car due to THEIR defects under the paint)
taillight went out
<3k miles. im sure im missing stuff lol


MR
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 08:48 AM   #498
Megator
First Lieutenant
Megator's Avatar
153
Rep
345
Posts

Drives: M2 Competition
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: NL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Logan View Post
seeing as the car has lived in the shop.. yes.. I definitely regret the car lol.

blown motor
blown turbo seal
DCT may need replacing (new update was given 2 days ago)
blow front end bushings
trunk needed to be resprayed (cost me 1k+ out of pocket a month after I got the car due to THEIR defects under the paint)
taillight went out
<3k miles. im sure im missing stuff lol

Are you too late to lemon law it?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 05:17 PM   #499
msdss
Lieutenant
msdss's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: May 2015
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU_Logan View Post
seeing as the car has lived in the shop.. yes.. I definitely regret the car lol.

blown motor
blown turbo seal
DCT may need replacing (new update was given 2 days ago)
blow front end bushings
trunk needed to be resprayed (cost me 1k+ out of pocket a month after I got the car due to THEIR defects under the paint)
taillight went out
<3k miles. im sure im missing stuff lol

Part out? D:
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 10:30 PM   #500
FreeDarko
Lieutenant
118
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UpNorth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
No worries on hijacking my topic, but what is the answer...

Litchfield or no Litchfield solution, that is the question here.

I am bringing my car to the UK in June I think so...

MR
I think your best bet is to do nothing, until your warranty is done.

If you don't care about the warranty, and want some piece of mind, do the Litchfield bolt catch. As that has not yet failed on a car.

I believe even Lichfield is saying that unless your car has already spun the hub, there is no cause yet to go all the way and do their full solution.

So I guess it really all comes down to your thoughts on your warranty, how your dealership feels about these things in regards to your warranty, and how much piece of mind you'll get by the solutions that are offered.

Given the information I've seen, but have not yet personally gone through any of it, my opinion is just that... an opinion.. But if I could get away with it warranty wise, I'd try to get the bolt catch from Lichfield just for piece of mind. But I wouldn't want to void my warranty.
Does the Litchfield catch bolt differ from the others on the market?

Since Litchfield doesn't sell this to S55 owners overseas, would appreciate some feedback.

BTW, the member Ghassan whose car with VTT spline lock that didn't hold up wasn't running a crank hub catch bolt.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2019, 11:09 PM   #501
msdss
Lieutenant
msdss's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: May 2015
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
No worries on hijacking my topic, but what is the answer...

Litchfield or no Litchfield solution, that is the question here.

I am bringing my car to the UK in June I think so...

MR
I think your best bet is to do nothing, until your warranty is done.

If you don't care about the warranty, and want some piece of mind, do the Litchfield bolt catch. As that has not yet failed on a car.

I believe even Lichfield is saying that unless your car has already spun the hub, there is no cause yet to go all the way and do their full solution.

So I guess it really all comes down to your thoughts on your warranty, how your dealership feels about these things in regards to your warranty, and how much piece of mind you'll get by the solutions that are offered.

Given the information I've seen, but have not yet personally gone through any of it, my opinion is just that... an opinion.. But if I could get away with it warranty wise, I'd try to get the bolt catch from Lichfield just for piece of mind. But I wouldn't want to void my warranty.
Does the Litchfield catch bolt differ from the others on the market?

Since Litchfield doesn't sell this to S55 owners overseas, would appreciate some feedback.

BTW, the member Ghassan whose car with VTT spline lock that didn't hold up wasn't running a crank hub catch bolt.

Litchfield will sell the bolt catch. I'm in Texas, and they offered to sell it to me when I messaged them.

it's just a shame I have no worth a fuck shop in Austin to have it installed.
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko117.50

      06-20-2019, 01:58 PM   #502
MR.
Colonel
MR.'s Avatar
No_Country
3887
Rep
2,753
Posts

Drives: BMW M2 Competition on order
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Travelling / Managing / Writing

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
I think the AST kit might be by next major mod.

I'll have a chat with Litchfield about it when I'm in for the crank bolt capture on the 26th.
My car is at the HQ of AST, let's wait and see what they can do tomorrow.

MR
Appreciate 3
AlpsRider1761.00
FreeDarko117.50
mhanism271.00

      06-24-2019, 11:30 AM   #503
FreeDarko
Lieutenant
118
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UpNorth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Litchfield will sell the bolt catch. I'm in Texas, and they offered to sell it to me when I messaged them.

it's just a shame I have no worth a fuck shop in Austin to have it installed.
Reached out to Litchfield and you are correct about their willingness to sell it.

We actually have a competent shop that can install it in GTA (another GTR specialist) but I believe LF blog says the CBC even requires a special tool to install.

Furthermore, the LF Rep I was in discussion with doesn't seem to have any instructions to offer. I was hoping they have torque specs at very least.

Can someone local in UK find out additional details for us. Wish Ian was accessible on this forum.



MR, if and when you do get this installed please keep us posted and provide any additional feedback here.

Last edited by FreeDarko; 06-24-2019 at 03:21 PM..
Appreciate 1
msdss181.00

      06-24-2019, 02:57 PM   #504
GreatWhiteM2
Captain
GreatWhiteM2's Avatar
1392
Rep
986
Posts

Drives: Black
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by msdss View Post
Litchfield will sell the bolt catch. I'm in Texas, and they offered to sell it to me when I messaged them.

it's just a shame I have no worth a fuck shop in Austin to have it installed.
Reached out to Litchfield and you are correct about their willingness to sell it.

We actually have a competent shop that can install it in GTA (another GTR specialist) but I believe their blog says the CBC even requires a special tool to install.

Furthermore, the LF rep I was in discussion with doesn't seem to have any instructions to offer. I was hoping they have torque specs at very least. If

Can someone local in UK find out additional details for us. Wish Ian was accessible on this forum.



MR, if and when you do get this installed please keep us posted and provide any additional feedback here.
I have their full fix.

When you buy it they will tell you what is required, torque spec wise.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 03:19 PM   #505
FreeDarko
Lieutenant
118
Rep
447
Posts

Drives: F80
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: UpNorth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
I have their full fix.

When you buy it they will tell you what is required, torque spec wise.
GWm2, been reading your posts since the OG M2.

Litchfield Rep stated there are no instructions for the CBC. Would you be able to assist in getting some details directly.

I shot Litchfield another email as I know many here will be interested in this product over others in the market simply due to their reputation.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2019, 03:40 PM   #506
GreatWhiteM2
Captain
GreatWhiteM2's Avatar
1392
Rep
986
Posts

Drives: Black
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
I have their full fix.

When you buy it they will tell you what is required, torque spec wise.
GWm2, been reading your posts since the OG M2.

Litchfield Rep stated there are no instructions for the CBC. Would you be able to assist in getting some details directly.

I shot Litchfield another email as I know many here will be interested in this product over others in the market simply due to their reputation.
Leave it with me. Im sure the torque is the same as the OEM bolts.
Appreciate 1
FreeDarko117.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST