BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > BMW M2 dealer car order options revealed [updated with even more options details]

07-28-2015, 04:19 PM   #67
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwelvaar View Post
Why not an M5 engine in an M3?
Why not this and that?

If you want upscale equipment, just buy the upscale car.
Great logic. Thank you for that!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:20 PM   #68
Steven1077
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killramos View Post
Anyone else disappointed with no front parking sensors. I literally use them every day...

Great little feature imo...
Yes I am, I have to get out of a tiny road and I always use them driving out when monovering around and getting through tight gaps, it's the only reason I swapped my 435i for an M135i as the 4 service was too big, I only have a couple of inches to spare even in a 1 series, I never had them on my old car but I didn't give a damn if I damaged that
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:22 PM   #69
Drizz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW X7; '20 911 Carrera S

M2 LCI is where its at
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #70
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizz View Post
M2 LCI is where its at
There will always be someone better if you wait...
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:36 PM   #71
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Die ///M Rakete
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riky View Post
There was an image on his order form and the wheels are exactly the black rims withe silver accents we all know from the F8x.
No surprise here. BMW is going to borrow as much F80/F84 hardware as they possibly can a lá 1M.....just not the stuff we REALLY want!
What kills me about this car....
Why not give us the option to spec an M3-like beast into the smaller M2 chassis and charge us M3 money for it??
If the performance, along with the cost of a lower model, overlap with that of a higher model, it gives both owners, along with the manufacturer, a "diplomatic" way out.
Everyone gets what they pay for and BMW instantly kills aftermarket tunes and makes more dough.
I realize it's a bold concept but it's just as silly to hold cars back from their full potential. There should also be room left for product versioning...win-win for all involved.

Attention BMW bean counters: off you go to the drawing board!!
Because you and about 5 people would buy it. Everyone else would get an M4 for the same money.
Appreciate 2
      07-28-2015, 04:38 PM   #72
dan99
Captain
Rep
Drives: 01' 330xi / 15' M235i

i prefer the silver wheels by a long shot.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:44 PM   #73
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan99
i prefer the silver wheels by a long shot.
Both will be offered.
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #74
bim2er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Mineral Grey M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth519 View Post

Hmm... does anyone have a pic of an F8X in MG with those rims?
M4 Mineral Grey Metallic with Black rims

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=938103
'74 2002tii, Sienna Braun Metallic, Manual, Sold; '84 e28 533i, Burgundrot Metallic, Manual, Sold; '95 e36 M3, Avus Blau Metallic, Manual, Sold; '06 e60 M5, Silver Grau Metallic, SMG, Sold; '09 e82 135i MSport, LeMans Blue, Manual, Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:45 PM   #75
stren
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
Why not give us the option to spec an M3-like beast into the smaller M2 chassis and charge us M3 money for it??
If the performance, along with the cost of a lower model, overlap with that of a higher model, it gives both owners, along with the manufacturer, a "diplomatic" way out.
Everyone gets what they pay for and BMW instantly kills aftermarket tunes and makes more dough.
I realize it's a bold concept but it's just as silly to hold cars back from their full potential. There should also be room left for product versioning...win-win for all involved.

Agreed - but reality is that the car has to be altered more when the engine is changed. It's more than just more power. Cooling, suspension, gearboxes, weight balance, intakes, exhaust all might have to change to fit the S55 into the car. The M2 will be low volume so having multiple versions just isn't feasible given that they are already limiting options. They could have done it from the start though and then just detuned. However BMW are providing a balanced package - while some of us may want something more unhinged that is only offered with after market solutions. Having said that, my understanding is that the M2 will be a similar size and power to the E46 M3 (though not torque) so in real terms it's not going to feel like a huge advancement for the track. Don't get me wrong though, I still want one.

Now if BMW had started with the S55 and charged a tiny bit less than the M3 then offered maybe a later CSL lightweight 4 banger with some fancy electronic turbos and water injection then they'd be some really interesting choices to be made.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:50 PM   #76
Jamie Vandenbalck
Belgian racing driver
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CS

I just checked this information with my 2 bmw dealers and dubbelchecked it with my bmw motorsport sources. And they said exactly what I thought, guys there isn't a order system yet available for the M2. It will be available AFTER the first launch! Or maybe his dealer can see in the future lol
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:51 PM   #77
bradleyland
TIM YOYO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
The M2 test mules sport these already:
Attachment 1252856

Compare with the F80 M3 wheel:
Attachment 1252857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Excellent. My M2 will be black on black on black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
As for the wheels, I'd prefer silver. I guess the upside is that the stock black wheels (which, if they are like what the mules have, don't include the silver highlights as with current F8X M models) is that they'll be lower maintenance from all of the infamous M brake dust.
The OP clarified below regarding the "black" wheel option:

Quote:
There was an image on his order form and the wheels are exactly the black rims withe silver accents we all know from the F8x.
Past: 2010 135i - TiAg Coral Red 6MT ///M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:52 PM   #78
Jamie Vandenbalck
Belgian racing driver
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 CS

And I also want to have the first M2 of Belgium
Appreciate 1
      07-28-2015, 04:52 PM   #79
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bim2er View Post
M4 Mineral Grey Metallic with Black rims

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=938103
This will be my color combo. Throw a few black performance parts on and I should have a mean, clean lookin' machine.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #80
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradleyland
Quote:
Attachment 1252856

Attachment 1252857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosozoku View Post
Excellent. My M2 will be black on black on black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox73 View Post
As for the wheels, I'd prefer silver. I guess the upside is that the stock black wheels (which, if they are like what the mules have, don't include the silver highlights as with current F8X M models) is that they'll be lower maintenance from all of the infamous M brake dust.
The OP clarified below regarding the "black" wheel option:

Quote:
And remember that the F8x test mules were running around with all-black wheels, and those were never offered to the public.
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 04:56 PM   #81
M3 n X5M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 M, 2008 e90 M3 6 MT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth519
If the info is legit, it's pretty much in line with the rumors and spyshots. No big surprises so far.

Quote:
- Wheels same as M3/M4 19" in black (no silver)
Hmm... does anyone have a pic of an F8X in MG with those rims? I like them because of the two-tone look but it's also the darkest I would get since I dislike completely black rims (they hide the wheels too much for my taste). My worry is that they look quite boring when combined with MG.

I don't want to buy another white BMW just because the wheels are a nice fit for that...

Quote:
- No option to have park sensors in the front of the car, only rear.
I had to chuckle when I read that. I always plan to get them on my next car and somehow it never plays out for some reason.
At least I'm not used to them, so no big deal for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven1077 View Post
Why would they not offer front parking sensors? That's just dumb, for me the front is the hardest part to judge and I can't think of another BMW that doesn't offer pdc front and rear, they should come as standard
Most likely because of the shape of the front bumper. Wouldn't be the first car to have that limitation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamowe View Post
Status update: Last saturday in germany, the dealer weren't able to order a M2 - even not dealer demo cars.
Got similar information last week: The dealer said they have no infos on the M2 so far.
But who knows... international distribution works in mysterious ways, especially in the car business, so I'm not surprised when we see new information popping up in other countries first.
MG with black 19" looks really good on the M4. There is nothing to worry about in terms of a bland look.

Also, it seems like most manufacturers are using black wheels with machined / polished faces and edges. So this wheels is contemporary to the times.

The new M2 is the replacement to the 1M. This is why we are seeing it play out with few options, possibly no CF roof and no 18" wheels. It will play the part just fine and will sell like the last one, and can become another cult BMW. All good news IMO.
Appreciate 2
      07-28-2015, 04:59 PM   #82
bim2er
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Mineral Grey M2

Stealth Missile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
This will be my color combo. Throw a few black performance parts on and I should have a mean, clean lookin' machine.
This is my color choice, also. This color looks even better (darker) with less light, IMO.

Sweet little stealthy canyon carver with an attitude.
'74 2002tii, Sienna Braun Metallic, Manual, Sold; '84 e28 533i, Burgundrot Metallic, Manual, Sold; '95 e36 M3, Avus Blau Metallic, Manual, Sold; '06 e60 M5, Silver Grau Metallic, SMG, Sold; '09 e82 135i MSport, LeMans Blue, Manual, Sold
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 05:00 PM   #83
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bim2er View Post
This is my color choice, also. This color looks even better (darker) with less light, IMO.

Sweet little stealthy canyon carver with an attitude.
Amen, brotha. Amen.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 05:02 PM   #84
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
For the people who are not addicted to the M2 as if it were crack cocaine like us on the 2addicts forum, here's something that was conceived throughout the day.
If that indeed is how the bumper will look. No wonder there is not front PDC. The sensor by the headlight washer would be pointing towards the sky. With that bumper design, proper sensor placement would be difficult.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 05:06 PM   #85
Manbnda
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post

Exactly what I thought. BMW apply the same marketing logic with M Models as they do with base models. M cars are not rational cars, so they could do pretty much anything to make the M2 epic.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 05:13 PM   #86
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Attachment 1252856

Attachment 1252857
I promise you that is not the same finish. It looks nothing like that in real life. The m3 wheels are very shinny. A very dark gunmetal almost. They aren't the matte black finish like on those mules.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #87
Oliver1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Miss Daisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperzulu View Post
You can do that with just the M235i, so there is nothing stopping you from creating a 0-60mph monster out of the M2. Asking for that from BMW though is probably asking too much. If you give the M2 the S engine off the M3, it's no longer going to be an entry level car and that can't be an "option" the same way a backup camera is an option. A 228i and M235i are different models for a reason... You can't have an M2 with the N55 and an optional S55 without registering it and having it imported as a separate model like perhaps M2 CSL for instance...
American manufacturers do it all the time. Same model, just different engine, 4/6 cylinder, gas/diesel, all under one model designation. My guess is that they are saving the S55 for a GTS variant in a couple of years.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2015, 05:24 PM   #88
hyperzulu
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver1 View Post
American manufacturers do it all the time. Same model, just different engine, 4/6 cylinder, gas/diesel, all under one model designation. My guess is that they are saving the S55 for a GTS variant in a couple of years.
Yeah, but come on... you said it yourself, American manufacturers. The whole point is that a German manufacturer bringing a car into the US has to decide whether it is cost effective for them to import the car. An American manufacturer has an immediate upper hand in terms of cost. BMW does the same thing in Europe, as well as plenty of European brands that don't sell in the US market at all. There are diesel variants of just about every BMW, sometimes two diesel engines. Here we get like five diesel models.