BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > Cobra Nogaro Seats Installed!

04-25-2021, 05:34 PM   #111
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3, 2020 X7 40i

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargaM2 View Post
Those look great, Cobra certainly do nice work, the fact they do custom work was what swayed me.
To mount the switch in the side mount I drilled several holes as a baseline & hand filed the cut out to get a prefect fit (as I said PITA).
I was tempted to simply cut & mount the switch into the side of the plastic centre console which would be simple & look neat enough but I want everything to be reversible if needed.
I assume one of your drilled holes was the existing hole in the side mount for the 5/6-pt harness strap bar? That spot would be a non-starter for me as I already have the harness strap bar installed on my bases. I will need to find another solution, but I agree with you about keeping everything on the Nogaro seat setup to keep things completely reversible and a complete package if/when the time comes to sell the seats.

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 09:31 PM   #112
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
Quote:
Those look great, Cobra certainly do nice work, the fact they do custom work was what swayed me.
To mount the switch in the side mount I drilled several holes as a baseline & hand filed the cut out to get a prefect fit (as I said PITA).
I was tempted to simply cut & mount the switch into the side of the plastic centre console which would be simple & look neat enough but I want everything to be reversible if needed.
I assume one of your drilled holes was the existing hole in the side mount for the 5/6-pt harness strap bar? That spot would be a non-starter for me as I already have the harness strap bar installed on my bases. I will need to find another solution, but I agree with you about keeping everything on the Nogaro seat setup to keep things completely reversible and a complete package if/when the time comes to sell the seats.
That's correct, I'm using a Schroth 4 point.
If you turn the switch horizontal you can mount it further rearward on the side mount, either way you will need good drill bits & patience.
There is a template included for cutting the switch mount hole. Wiring is a breeze (I used the seat switch for a power source).
I also purchased all the oem wiring clips/fittings rather than harvest them from my original seats, so they are a simple plug & play when/if I need to re-fit the standard seats.
Oh and I had Steve at 'codemybimmer' remove the warnings etc.
Now that it's done I would definitely recommend fitting the Rostra kit, it gives you much more back rest adjustability & is a better solution than the simple hand pump type (which I've had in the past). Thanks
      07-28-2021, 11:37 AM   #113
modernm69
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by asciimike View Post
Browsing VO codes (https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=966607), it looks like there might be an even easier fix: removing the VO code for sport seats (S481A or S482A, like the latter since we have the Sport seat and Sport steering wheel--or maybe they're the M Sport seats S711A or S712A?) and adding "Recarro sports seat" (S4FAA). Unsure if you need to do "Delete Sport seat" (S4FBA).

I haven't tested this yet (and honestly don't really want to, since I'd like to not mess with something that is already working), but it may be a one-stop shop. If someone is doing this in the future, I'd appreciate you testing it out to let us know if it works!
Hi I try to follow up and fix with my car (F20 pre lci /2013) (Electric leather with memory seat to Recaro CS seats (driver and passenger) but have problem is show error in iDrive and Kombi as Driver/Passenger Restraint System.

1. I Coding by esys in ACSM but I found when change Sitzairbag_Thorax_Fahrer & Beifahrer to nicht_aktiv is it will return to aktiv always. I don't know why ? but in other functions can change to nicht_aktiv

2. Can't add VO code S4FAA

The current VO code is S459A

Anyone can help fix this issue,please.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2021, 03:32 PM   #114
Billy_BMW
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

PM kubax86. He’s the resident coding guru and offers his services remotely. I’m sure he’ll be able to resolve it.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 06:22 PM   #115
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
My final contribution to this thread is long overdue. After waiting what seemed like an eternity to get the seats, then "life" kicking in, I finally installed my Nogaro seats. I had them customized in black BMW Dakota leather with OEM Carbonstructure cloth inserts and silver stitching to match the factory interior. I also added the OEM M3 illuminated seat badges for a final "factory look" touch. And yes, the badges do illuminate when opening the door, just like on the factory seats .

As far as coding goes, a few posts back, I documented how I used air bag emulators (both seats) and an occupancy detection mat emulator (passenger seat) in order to have a full plug-n-play solution without coding. But after further testing, I mentioned that the driver side would still need some coding due to the position sensor functionality being in the driver seat module (which is now removed) and not a separate position sensor switch like on the passenger seat (I retained this switch, which is attached to the passenger side slider). When it was all said and done I only needed to code the following parameter in the ASCM module:

Sitzpositionsensorserkennung_Sitzmemory_Fahrer (Driver seat position sensor memory) -> Not Active

No errors, all of the emulators are working properly, the car is happy ..
Attached Images

X3 XDrive 30i - 2019 G01 Mineral White (wife's) / 128i 6MT - 2009 E82 Jet Black (son's)

Last edited by jmciver; 10-30-2021 at 11:12 AM..
Appreciate 1
AWC-F87436.50
      10-28-2021, 06:37 PM   #116
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
My final contribution to this thread is long overdue. After waiting what seemed like an eternity to get the seats, then "life" kicking in, I finally installed my Nogaro seats. I had them customized in black BMW Dakota leather with OEM Carbonstructure cloth inserts and silver stitching to match the factory interior. I also added the OEM M3 illuminated seat badges for a final "factory look" touch. And yes, the badges do illuminate when opening the door, just like on the factory seats .
What mounts did you use? I'm curious how they addressed the seat belt receptacle
      10-28-2021, 07:13 PM   #117
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SebsM2 View Post
Quote:
What mounts did you use? I'm curious how they addressed the seat belt receptacle
I used the Brey Krause mounts for the Nogaro seat and BMW factory sliders (electric). The seatbelt receptacle is the factory one that is attached to the factory slider. For the factory seatbelt attachment point on the other side, I used the Brey Krause Side Lap Belt Mounts seen here (one kit per seat).

https://www.bkauto.com/R_9289_Driver...s_p/r-9289.htm

While not visible in the pic on their site, there is a hole in it where I bolted the factory seatbelt. Not my car or seat, but the attached pic gives you a better look of what the lap belt mount looks like and how it mounts to the factory sliders.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 07:32 PM   #118
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I used the Brey Krause mounts for the Nogaro seat and BMW factory sliders (electric). The seatbelt receptacle is the factory one that is attached to the factory slider. For the factory seatbelt attachment point on the other side, I used the Brey Krause Side Lap Belt Mounts seen here (one kit per seat).

While not visible in the pic on their site, there is a hole in it where I bolted the factory seatbelt. Not my car or seat, but the attached pic gives you a better look of what the lap belt mount looks like and how it mounts to the factory sliders.
Thanks, this should be easy enough to implement something similar in my floor mounts 😁
      10-28-2021, 08:02 PM   #119
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
That reupholster job looks really nice!!
Appreciate 1
jmciver1823.50
      10-28-2021, 08:28 PM   #120
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks, this should be easy enough to implement something similar in my floor mounts 😁
Here is a pic of my actual outer seatbelt bolted in…
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 11:43 PM   #121
SebsM2
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Here is a pic of my actual outer seatbelt bolted in…
Thanks so much! Got it drawn up already
      11-20-2021, 01:34 PM   #122
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
+1 for another successful power lumbar install in my Nogaro's. I was very confident I would want lumbar for these seats, and was glad I could find an aftermarket power lumbar option. Driving in the car with the seats for a few weeks confirmed my desire for lumbar.

My install method was the same as what TargaM2 did a few posts back. The pump motor mounts nicely under the seat, zip tied to the seat base. The bladder is attached to the seat back using Velcro, which allows for adjusting it's placement on the seat back to your comfort. Power comes from the main seat harness power, which also powers the OEM electric sliders. The kit you want if you are interested in doing this is the Rostra 250-1454 kit.

I used a different location than TargaM2 to mount the lumbar switch since I have the sub-strap bar installed. A noteworthy PITA to drill/file the switch hole in order to mount it - I even trimmed down the switch case a bit for a snug fit. But it turned out more than acceptable for me. I even added the factory seat rail plastic trim piece to give the install a bit more of an OEM look.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-16-2021, 08:26 AM   #123
ebisu8
Dom
United_States
Rep
Drives: Team Schirmer M2 GT

Hi y'all, wanted to bring my question back to this thread to find the specific coding that would allow me to remove my OEM 3pt receptacle without having to have that plug plugged into the yellow SRS harness under the seat. When I unplug it or when it gets unplugged, it triggers the SRS warning, then I have to plug it back in and clear the fault.

I found this stuff but not sure which one is right or if all of them are needed.

Gurtstrammer_Fahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt tensioner driver driver)
Gurtstrammer_Beifahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt tensioner driver passenger)
Gurtkontakt_Fahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt contact driver driver)
Gurtkontakt_Beifahrer ->nicht_aktiv (belt contact driver passenger)
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Fahrer_GWF_GZA_FA ->nicht_aktiv (Belt condition indicator driver driver)
Gurtzustandsanzeige_Beifahrer_GWF_GZA_BF ->nicht_aktiv (Belt condition indicator driver - passenger)
Abschalten_Fehlerqualifikation_Plausipruefung_dyn_ Daten_FGS->nicht_aktiv
(Shutdown Error qualification Plausibility error)
      09-24-2022, 09:38 AM   #124
sly1types
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80M3 and E46M3

Quote:
Seats installed-Dakota leather/Polar blue stitch, BK mounts, OEM slides, Rostra lumbar...

TargaM2 who did you use for the custom leather?

Thanks!
F85 X5M
https://www.instagram.com/fastmacm3/
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2022, 04:17 AM   #125
TargaM2
M///modifyer
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2015 Renault RS275R  [9.50]
2019 Renault RS280  [10.00]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
2018 Audi Q2  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sly1types View Post
Quote:
Seats installed-Dakota leather/Polar blue stitch, BK mounts, OEM slides, Rostra lumbar...

TargaM2 who did you use for the custom leather?

Thanks!
I got mine from a trimmer that had a roll leftover on hand. You can buy it online from different sources if you search.. https://www.ca-mo.com/en/articles/da...w-car-leather/ . Cobra had the polar blue stitching in stock.
      10-27-2022, 09:27 PM   #126
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition 6MT

Quote:
And yes, the badges do illuminate when opening the door, just like on the factory seats .
What wires did you tap into for the illuminated badge to work? I just installed sporster CS seats from AMX in my M2 with the m2 badge and ended up wiring it to a power source under the seat, but they don't fade in/out like they do on the stock seats, not sure if there's a specific wire I should be tapping into.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 05:26 AM   #127
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpiston View Post
Quote:
And yes, the badges do illuminate when opening the door, just like on the factory seats .
What wires did you tap into for the illuminated badge to work? I just installed sporster CS seats from AMX in my M2 with the m2 badge and ended up wiring it to a power source under the seat, but they don't fade in/out like they do on the stock seats, not sure if there's a specific wire I should be tapping into.
I would have to take a look again to see the wire color. But I used the factory wiring in order to retain the factory functionality. What I did discover is that the ground wire for the emblems actually attaches to the stock seat, not one of the other ground wires going to the seat harness (I used factory sliders in my seat install). This means the seat must be bolted to the floor in order to complete the circuit so the emblems will function properly.

Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 10:18 AM   #128
rjpiston
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition 6MT

Quote:
I would have to take a look again to see the wire color. But I used the factory wiring in order to retain the factory functionality. What I did discover is that the ground wire for the emblems actually attaches to the stock seat, not one of the other ground wires going to the seat harness (I used factory sliders in my seat install). This means the seat must be bolted to the floor in order to complete the circuit so the emblems will function properly.
Thanks for that info. I'm using manual sliders but I still have my stock seats so am still debating using the factory electronic rails(as well as the heating element).
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2022, 11:11 AM   #129
jmciver
///M SubDriver
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [10.00]
2020 BMW X7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X3  [0.00]
2009 BMW 128i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjpiston View Post
Quote:
Thanks for that info. I'm using manual sliders but I still have my stock seats so am still debating using the factory electronic rails(as well as the heating element).
Factory integration of the heating elements to the Nogaro's will be tough (but technically not impossible). I actually decided against it (and I usually like a DIY challenge) since the integration for the driver side was going to be noticeably more difficult than the passenger side since the driver and passenger seat modules are very different…

Appreciate 0