BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Time for better sound - Alpha One speaker full DIY

03-17-2021, 08:59 AM   #1
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Time for better sound - Alpha One speaker full DIY

All right yall, I wanted to share my latest DIY with the Alpha One speakers from BimmerTech installed into my F87 M2C!

I had the Alpha Ones in my F32 435i so I knew the quality, but in this case could even back them up with the matching premium amplifier as well! (I couldn't in the 435i due to a previous amp change).

These really are a matched set, and the sound quality is dramatically improved across the entire range. Vocals are cleaner, instruments and especially drums aren't muddy anymore and just generic sound. You can actually hear the drums individually now in good tracks.. side note, In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins is goosebumps worthy!

Regardless of what kind of music you listen to, this will make a dramatic improvement over the OEM speakers and is easy plug n play throughout the car.

Make sure to check them out, especially with the amp as well! (I have an install video for that too!)

'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 3
pz6193277.00
Rev_Hi296.50
      03-28-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
M2 CCO
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 M2

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [8.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
All right yall, I wanted to share my latest DIY with the Alpha One speakers from BimmerTech installed into my F87 M2C!

I had the Alpha Ones in my F32 435i so I knew the quality, but in this case could even back them up with the matching premium amplifier as well! (I couldn't in the 435i due to a previous amp change).

These really are a matched set, and the sound quality is dramatically improved across the entire range. Vocals are cleaner, instruments and especially drums aren't muddy anymore and just generic sound. You can actually hear the drums individually now in good tracks.. side note, In the Air Tonight by Phil Collins is goosebumps worthy!

Regardless of what kind of music you listen to, this will make a dramatic improvement over the OEM speakers and is easy plug n play throughout the car.

Make sure to check them out, especially with the amp as well! (I have an install video for that too!)

With the Alpha One amp would you still run into the same issue people are reporting with having to replace the OEM amp for BMW service visits?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2021, 09:10 PM   #3
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2 CCO View Post
With the Alpha One amp would you still run into the same issue people are reporting with having to replace the OEM amp for BMW service visits?
I cant imagine why that would be the case.. but no at least I haven't encountered that. No clue of why that would be something you would have to do.. first I have heard of it.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 1
M2 CCO1084.50