BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Titan 7 M2C Wheels and Ohlins

08-13-2020, 12:46 AM   #23
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterglen View Post
Thanks! Honestly I'm kind of regretting not going black on the wheels. These are actually more of a PITA to clean then 788s. Lots of squared off nooks and crannies. I'll probably have them powder coated next year or whenever I get bored.
Is the regret just the cleaning? I was going to go the matt black but in two minds.
      08-13-2020, 01:18 AM   #24
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Thanks! Honestly I’m kind of regretting not going black on the wheels. These are actually more of a PITA to clean then 788s. Lots of squared off nooks and crannies. I’ll probably have them powder coated next year or whenever I get bored.
Maybe try ceramic coating or at least just using a sealant on them? I think the color is almost perfect; I feel like black just makes the detail disappear.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 04:51 AM   #25
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2c 2019 M3cs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ae03440 View Post
Wow! Perfect! Was it difficult to get the bmw center caps? Did you try ceramic coating the wheels to help with the cleaning process? They look amazing!
Thanks! No, it’s the smaller of the 2 sizes they offer now. I opted for the spinners. Definitely gives it the oem+ look I’m going for..

I think it’s mostly due to there being so much grey in the wheel area. Maybe I’ll have the calipers painted black or red instead. I can’t decide, but honestly not digging the 50 shades of grey as much a I thought I would.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 04:57 AM   #26
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
Is the regret just the cleaning? I was going to go the matt black but in two minds.
I think I’m going to up my wheel brush game and see if that helps. The real difference to the many factory bmw wheels I’ve dealt with is everything is squared off vs rounded. Just makes it tougher to get those corners clean. At least the 788 a simple round brush works. These require something more precise and or using your finger tips.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 05:00 AM   #27
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Maybe try ceramic coating or at least just using a sealant on them? I think the color is almost perfect; I feel like black just makes the detail disappear.
True. I’m definitely sick of black wheels as well. I do find ceramic coating helps on the car. Definitely going to try it( spray on stuff)
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2020, 03:54 PM   #28
Racer59
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Unfortunately one of the rear tires is not holding air and tire rack is sending another out so I have the stock wheels on the rear until Thursday.

I went with a 20 in the rear and 19 in the front. It looks so nasty. I'll def post a pic when they're done.
I just installed the same spec tires and wheels. I had the same problem on one rim not sealing on the bead inboard side. The tech found that due to the serrated surface Titan 7 uses to prevent tire slippage on the rim you really need to put lots of lube on the bead properly to seat the wheel.
Appreciate 2
chris7197324.00
StephGOD218.50
      08-18-2020, 06:59 PM   #29
Peterglen
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer59 View Post
I just installed the same spec tires and wheels. I had the same problem on one rim not sealing on the bead inboard side. The tech found that due to the serrated surface Titan 7 uses to prevent tire slippage on the rim you really need to put lots of lube on the bead properly to seat the wheel.
Tire rack did replace and refund me for the tire. So idk, but wish you luck man! The second tire went on without issue. I was told by my tire shop that ps4s have been they’re biggest “issue” tire. Post pics when yours are on!
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 11:54 AM   #30
Racer59
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Quote:
Tire rack did replace and refund me for the tire. So idk, but wish you luck man! The second tire went on without issue. I was told by my tire shop that ps4s have been they're biggest "issue" tire. Post pics when yours are on!
Quote:
Quote:
Tire rack did replace and refund me for the tire. So idk, but wish you luck man! The second tire went on without issue. I was told by my tire shop that ps4s have been they're biggest "issue" tire. Post pics when yours are on!
Looks like it's holding air so far the next day so I'm good. Love the wheels ! And so far no rubbing in the front when I took off the wheel. I have the M Motorsport coilovers set at factory setting.
Appreciate 1
StephGOD218.50
      09-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #31
TimRPryor
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRPryor View Post
I have a set of Titan7 TS-5 wheels (M2C specific) going on the car this week (2020 F87 M2C S55) and the front clearance is VERY close to the strut in the front.

Does anyone have these wheels mounted AND have Ohlins installed? If so:

Did you have to use a spacer in the front to clear the Ohlins install?
If so, what size?
If so, did you also add longer lugs or go to a lug kit (what length?)
Did you also use a camber plate setup from anyone?

TITAN 7 TS-5 SPECS:

19x9.5 ET27 Front w/265/30/19 Pilot Sport
19x10.5 ET44 Rear w/295/30/19 Pilot Sport

Just being a little paranoid...

I CAN CONFIRM!!! The Titans with the Ohlins fit fine with NO spacer required at all. Car is 10mm lower and will go another 10 when the camber plates get here (GC if anyone is interested). Also, the smaller of the "spinner" BMW center caps did fit just fine.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
StephGOD218.50
LBBFTW9.00
Ryan@IND1763.00
Rundskop148.00
      11-29-2021, 07:54 PM   #32
usc335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C, '08 E92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRPryor View Post
I CAN CONFIRM!!! The Titans with the Ohlins fit fine with NO spacer required at all. Car is 10mm lower and will go another 10 when the camber plates get here (GC if anyone is interested). Also, the smaller of the "spinner" BMW center caps did fit just fine.
My experience is slightly different. I just installed Titan 7 T-S5's with M2C offsets with Michelin PS4S 255/35ZR19 and I had to use a 3mm spacer for the tire to clear the Ohlins strut. The tire slightly dragged on the strut and the 3mm spacer did the trick. My car is lowered 20mm in front to 600mm (bottom of rim to fender).
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 07:03 AM   #33
tpryor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C Alpine White

Titan 7 M2C Wheels and Ohlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc335 View Post
My experience is slightly different. I just installed Titan 7 T-S5's with M2C offsets with Michelin PS4S 255/35ZR19 and I had to use a 3mm spacer for the tire to clear the Ohlins strut. The tire slightly dragged on the strut and the 3mm spacer did the trick. My car is lowered 20mm in front to 600mm (bottom of rim to fender).
It must be the difference in the tire size? Mine is now 20mm lower as well, but I have the 265/30 as opposed to your 255/35 on the front. Mine is very close, but does not touch. I have the exact same tire brand and type.

Good to know for the future, though. Thanks for the update.