BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Value evolution of F87 M2 until G87 M2 goes into production (Dec 2022) ?

10-22-2021, 09:31 PM   #1
Tornado1M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2cs

Value evolution of F87 M2 until G87 M2 goes into production (Dec 2022) ?

So, we are talking about 14-15 months till we see them arriving on dealer lots?

What's this time gap going to do on F87 Pricing in the next year???
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2021, 10:49 PM   #2
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

I would expect a rise, although you're going to have a rise anyways because of inflation currently. However, I don't expect it to hold once the new models are readily available.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 09:16 AM   #3
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW iX, Porsche GT4 RS

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
The CS market is kind of saturated with listings right now and very little interest. I currently have mine listed as the lowest price on autotrader all week and haven't received a single inquiry.

I'd expect these cars to drop in value over the next year and get closer to their MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 10:30 AM   #4
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScullyD View Post
The CS market is kind of saturated with listings right now and very little interest. I currently have mine listed as the lowest price on autotrader all week and haven't received a single inquiry.

I'd expect these cars to drop in value over the next year and get closer to their MSRP.
I agree. I think their were too many speculators trying to get the best M car. People are starting to get over the M3 grille and the G87 is on its way.

It will drop for 5 years and then stabilize. Clean unmodded cars will go up eventually is my guess.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 10:58 AM   #5
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfarrzhp View Post
Quote:

I agree. I think their were too many speculators trying to get the best M car. People are starting to get over the M3 grille and the G87 is on its way.

It will drop for 5 years and then stabilize. Clean unmodded cars will go up eventually is my guess.
And that's ok, I just see a lot of the posts now about value and it seems like the market could get more flooded as people realize their car could depreciate.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 11:26 AM   #6
mchart
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2002 M Coupe

Quote:
And that's ok, I just see a lot of the posts now about value and it seems like the market could get more flooded as people realize their car could depreciate.
The prices i'm seeing right now, given the amount of available inventory, is just way too high. I doubt any besides the EAG cars will fetch some of the numbers i'm seeing.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2021, 11:30 AM   #7
ScullyD
Senior 1Addict
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 M5 CS  [0.00]
2022 BMW iX  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchart View Post
Quote:
The prices i'm seeing right now, given the amount of available inventory, is just way too high. I doubt any besides the EAG cars will fetch some of the numbers i'm seeing.
I think the realistic fair value for a CS right now is between 92-96k manual. 86k-90k for a DCT. Even that may be a tad bit on the high side.

Btw the whole performance and collector car market is on the verge of a correction into potentially decreasing inflation next year. It could get a bit insane.
Appreciate 1
il Nemico137.50
      10-23-2021, 12:58 PM   #8
il Nemico
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think the realistic fair value for a CS right now is between 92-96k manual. 86k-90k for a DCT. Even that may be a tad bit on the high side.

Btw the whole performance and collector car market is on the verge of a correction into potentially decreasing inflation next year. It could get a bit insane.
Agree w/ that sentiment.
Values for all used and new cars ( any brand ) are inflated beyond proportion.
Limited supply and consumer money to throw at it has perpetuated this frenzy.
When taper happens and whatever ensuing effect inflation will have on the buying pool should correct values, but for quality goods, I'm not sure the effect will be so drastic.

I could be way off there.

But I do know this, after buying my M2CS a year ago I found a growing brand loyalty forming.
So much so that against better judgement, I scooped up a zero mod, 16k mile, one owner 1M for far more than I should have paid vs. book a couple of weeks ago.

It was available, checked the boxes and I had the opportunity now vs finding a lesser caliber at a compromise to one degree or another.

I would imagine that enthusiasts know what they have when they have it.
We all seem to share in that.
There aren't a ton of CS out there regardless of spec.
Some will be run through hard (daily drivers, modded beyond excuse, etc), but the ones that are cared for should still fetch a good price.

That's my opinion.. but I'm an owner not a speculator..😜
Appreciate 2
WWM3964.00
CarJunkie2616.50
      10-23-2021, 08:16 PM   #9
frostyrides
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 CS | '18 GT3 T

I'm hoping it depreciates and causes a panic sale for all the speculators. These cars should be in the hands of people who will drive them. If mine is worth 45k in 5 years (50%), I'd call that a win because I'd have put 100000 miles on it.
Appreciate 1
F87EVO4031.00
      10-23-2021, 08:47 PM   #10
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostytacos View Post
I'm hoping it depreciates and causes a panic sale for all the speculators. These cars should be in the hands of people who will drive them. If mine is worth 45k in 5 years (50%), I'd call that a win because I'd have put 100000 miles on it.
Almost 8k mi on mine I see the G series being polarizing. I think it's going to be a fantastic performer, but I also think it looks a bit generic when taking into account what other manufacturers are doing. The BMW experience in later idrive cars is really great.
      10-23-2021, 08:49 PM   #11
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by il Nemico View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree w/ that sentiment.
When taper happens and whatever ensuing effect inflation will have on the buying pool should correct values, but for quality goods, I'm not sure the effect will be so drastic.

But I do know this, after buying my M2CS a year ago I found a growing brand loyalty forming.
So much so that against better judgement, I scooped up a zero mod, 16k mile, one owner 1M for far more than I should have paid vs. book a couple of weeks ago.

It was available, checked the boxes and I had the opportunity now vs finding a lesser caliber at a compromise to one degree or another.

Some will be run through hard (daily drivers, modded beyond excuse, etc), but the ones that are cared for should still fetch a good price.

Welcome to the 1M+CS club!
Attached Images

1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 6
smknjoe234.00
CSBM52716.50
mfarrzhp1491.00
il Nemico137.50
F87EVO4031.00
elitt13156.00
      10-23-2021, 09:50 PM   #12
frostyrides
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2 CS | '18 GT3 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Almost 8k mi on mine I see the G series being polarizing. I think it's going to be a fantastic performer, but I also think it looks a bit generic when taking into account what other manufacturers are doing. The BMW experience in later idrive cars is really great.
5000 on mine.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 01:47 PM   #13
il Nemico
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree w/ that sentiment.

Thanks!
She arrives Tuesday!
Looking forward to the first hand experience and comparison factor.

Will follow up w/ Double M photo shoot soon!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 03:19 PM   #14
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

The G87 based on what we've learned so far is going to be a vastly different car... it will be 200 or so pounds heavier, have an Auto Tranny, have that bizarre future screen dash / tech and will be an overall larger car... while it will be BMWs smallest offering... i question it's status as a true drivers car given the above... The G80 M3 is getting amazing praise as a performance car while getting 0 drivers car praise... not sure how successful an M2 can be if the same applies.
Davil6484.00
      10-24-2021, 05:29 PM   #15
CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
The G80 M3 is getting amazing praise as a performance car while getting 0 drivers car praise..
Well said…and valid point!
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2021, 08:03 AM   #16
MadBimmeRad
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M235i, 420i, and now the M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarJunkie View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agree w/ that sentiment.

That's my opinion.. but I'm an owner not a speculator..
What a magical pair

congratulations
CarJunkie2616.50
il Nemico137.50