BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > What did you do to your M2C today?

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #1585
leftcoastq
Enlisted Member
United_States
13
Rep
37
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C LBB 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Wildcat View Post
Awesome and congrats! I'm down for a cruise. What are the details on your car?
I'm also down!
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:37 PM   #1586
xxyion
Second Lieutenant
101
Rep
230
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Fremont CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ-Wildcat View Post
Awesome and congrats! I'm down for a cruise. What are the details on your car?
Black Sapphire Metallic, MT, Executive Package

Its been hard concentrating at work this week lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 03:56 PM   #1587
BigKutta
Major
BigKutta's Avatar
United_States
554
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2012 528i, 2017 Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington DC Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
Black Sapphire Metallic, MT, Executive Package

Its been hard concentrating at work this week lol.
It will be worse after you get your car. You wont be able to leave it parked anywhere
Appreciate 1
      02-19-2020, 04:01 PM   #1588
xxyion
Second Lieutenant
101
Rep
230
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Fremont CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
It will be worse after you get your car. You wont be able to leave it parked anywhere
lol i'm afraid of that too. It will be hard to sleep, i'll easily get up in the middle of the night just to go for a drive. I did the same when i bought my BRZ and also when i bought my S2000.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 04:09 PM   #1589
BigKutta
Major
BigKutta's Avatar
United_States
554
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2012 528i, 2017 Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington DC Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxyion View Post
lol i'm afraid of that too. It will be hard to sleep, i'll easily get up in the middle of the night just to go for a drive. I did the same when i bought my BRZ and also when i bought my S2000.
I've been known to disappear lately for an hour at a time. Also doing longer errands, to stores much further away
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2020, 05:23 PM   #1590
F80_Katz
F80_Katz
69
Rep
125
Posts

Drives: 2017 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchdj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F80_Katz View Post
Finally picked up a set of 437m wheels as rollers. Had them refinished this week and ceramic coated. Very oem plus imo.
how is the front caliper clearance compared to the oem m2 comp wheels.
About the same honestly. Running 10mm spacers give a little more room but still probably going to get rocks stuck in there
Appreciate 1
clutchdj525.50

      02-20-2020, 07:55 AM   #1591
Sarg33
Second Lieutenant
Sarg33's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT LBB
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
I've been known to disappear lately for an hour at a time. Also doing longer errands, to stores much further away
LOL, I do the same thing. I drive the longest way I can find to the store and back. My wife just laughs and shakes her head at me, when she isn't screaming in terror from the cornering speed.

Last edited by Sarg33; 02-20-2020 at 11:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #1592
moxzilla
Registered
11
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2 Comp
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Boston,Ma

iTrader: (0)

Hey all nothing special just a wash
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 7
      02-20-2020, 02:53 PM   #1593
Sarg33
Second Lieutenant
Sarg33's Avatar
United_States
130
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT LBB
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxzilla View Post
Hey all nothing special just a wash
I am not a fan of black cars, but I have to say your car looks really good at that angle.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #1594
xxyion
Second Lieutenant
101
Rep
230
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2 Competition
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Fremont CA

iTrader: (0)

OMG that looks so good. I normally dont like Black cars either but the black for this car is just stunning and i had to get it in that color.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 03:39 PM   #1595
BigKutta
Major
BigKutta's Avatar
United_States
554
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2012 528i, 2017 Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington DC Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
I dont like black cars, but a clean black M2 just looks stunning!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2020, 11:03 PM   #1596
Vulpe
Second Lieutenant
Vulpe's Avatar
United_States
191
Rep
294
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C, E46 M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
The only reason I don't like black cars is because it shows imperfections so easily. Otherwise they look great.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:05 AM   #1597
BigKutta
Major
BigKutta's Avatar
United_States
554
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2012 528i, 2017 Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington DC Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Today I took the M in to get her break-in service
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
Conissah870.50
mcvaughan466.00

      02-21-2020, 08:15 AM   #1598
Conissah
Captain
Conissah's Avatar
871
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Today I took the M in to get her break-in service
On the freaking money! Nice! I wanna hear your thoughts after that first WOT pull to redline.

I drove the M today, first time in a week. For some reason, every time I'm in it, people decide to use their windshield washers right in front of me. I don't get it... It's no longer spotless.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 08:33 AM   #1599
BigKutta
Major
BigKutta's Avatar
United_States
554
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2012 528i, 2017 Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington DC Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
On the freaking money! Nice! I wanna hear your thoughts after that first WOT pull to redline.

I drove the M today, first time in a week. For some reason, every time I'm in it, people decide to use their windshield washers right in front of me. I don't get it... It's no longer spotless.
Haha. and people in front of me always slow down to 10mph below the speed limit.

You'll notice the temp is in the 20s so normally the M wouldn't even be out right now. But this weekend is in the 50s so I wanted it ready for WOT!! Will report back. I've pushed to 5500-6000 and its frightening. Can't imagine redline shifts!!
Appreciate 2
      02-21-2020, 01:19 PM   #1600
VTBoss302
Private First Class
160
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
Haha. and people in front of me always slow down to 10mph below the speed limit.
Happens to me all the time, as well

So frustrating as it usually puts me between gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
You'll notice the temp is in the 20s so normally the M wouldn't even be out right now. But this weekend is in the 50s so I wanted it ready for WOT!! Will report back. I've pushed to 5500-6000 and its frightening. Can't imagine redline shifts!!
6000-7600 is actually rather uneventful on the stock tune

This is the area where BMW neutered the S55 in the M2C
__________________
2020 BMW M2 Competition - Hockenheim Silver - 6 Speed Manual - Executive Package
763M Wheels - Michelin Cup 2 Tires - Rallyflapz - Goodridge SS Brake Lines - Pagid RSL29 Brake Pads - OP Ti Pad Shims - Ultimate Clutch Pedal - E90 Clutch Slave - Castrol SRF - BMS OCC - Technic ASD Bypass - MP CF Steering Wheel Trim - Auto Tecknic M1 & M2 Buttons - Fall Line Fire Extinguisher & Bracket - MP Floor Mats
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:42 PM   #1601
Conissah
Captain
Conissah's Avatar
871
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTBoss302 View Post
6000-7600 is actually rather uneventful on the stock tune

This is the area where BMW neutered the S55 in the M2C
Not to mention that, in the 6MT, top of 2nd is somewhere close to 70. Top of 3rd is past 100, and 4th is somewhere near 140, no idea about 5th. Not REALLY trying to go to jail when I'm in the M, but it's hard to resist.

EDIT for speeds at 7600 rpm. Site used is HERE. Pretty cool, gives you a readout at whatever RPM step you have per gear.

6MT calculation
1st -> 40.4 mph
2nd -> 71.5 mph
3rd -> 107.7 mph
4th -> 140.6 mph
5th -> 165.9 mph
6th -> 195.1 mph

7 DCT calculation
1st -> 34.5mph
2nd -> 64.0 mph
3rd -> 97.6 mph
4th -> 129.6 mph
5th -> 165.9 mph
6th -> 197.5 mph
7th -> 247.6 mph
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:44 PM   #1602
BigKutta
Major
BigKutta's Avatar
United_States
554
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2012 528i, 2017 Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington DC Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTBoss302 View Post
6000-7600 is actually rather uneventful on the stock tune

This is the area where BMW neutered the S55 in the M2C
That's not good to know. I know the M was pulling hard even at 5500 and I was under the impression it would pull all the way to 7500. So no greater benefit after break-in?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 01:50 PM   #1603
BigKutta
Major
BigKutta's Avatar
United_States
554
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2012 528i, 2017 Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington DC Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Not to mention that, in the 6MT, top of 2nd is somewhere close to 70. Top of 3rd is past 100, and 4th is somewhere near 140, no idea about 5th. Not REALLY trying to go to jail when I'm in the M, but it's hard to resist.
This car will get me in trouble
Appreciate 1
Conissah870.50

      02-21-2020, 01:55 PM   #1604
Conissah
Captain
Conissah's Avatar
871
Rep
789
Posts

Drives: 2020 BMW M2C
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
This car will get me in trouble
Yeah for real. All of those numbers I have first hand experience with... I HAVE to stop with the lead footed-ness.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 02:02 PM   #1605
BigKutta
Major
BigKutta's Avatar
United_States
554
Rep
1,469
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C, 2012 528i, 2017 Q7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Washington DC Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 528i  [0.00]
2012 BMW 528i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Yeah for real. All of those numbers I have first hand experience with... I HAVE to stop with the lead footed-ness.
You are having fun! Be safe out there
Appreciate 1
Conissah870.50

      02-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #1606
VTBoss302
Private First Class
160
Rep
161
Posts

Drives: Yes
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKutta View Post
That's not good to know. I know the M was pulling hard even at 5500 and I was under the impression it would pull all the way to 7500. So no greater benefit after break-in?
Yeah, once you get above 6000-6500 rpm the power basically levels off

Also, contrary to what some believe, the 1200 mile service doesn't "unlock" more power

In any case, at least you can feel more comfortable winding it out now that the 1200 mile service is done and 7600 rpm is a pretty high redline for a turbocharged engine so worry not as the car is still a lot of fun to drive
__________________
2020 BMW M2 Competition - Hockenheim Silver - 6 Speed Manual - Executive Package
763M Wheels - Michelin Cup 2 Tires - Rallyflapz - Goodridge SS Brake Lines - Pagid RSL29 Brake Pads - OP Ti Pad Shims - Ultimate Clutch Pedal - E90 Clutch Slave - Castrol SRF - BMS OCC - Technic ASD Bypass - MP CF Steering Wheel Trim - Auto Tecknic M1 & M2 Buttons - Fall Line Fire Extinguisher & Bracket - MP Floor Mats
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST