BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Australian M2 tuning experiences?

05-30-2019, 11:12 AM   #23
m3smurf
Rep
Drives: LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricki View Post
Yup, i got sucked it
congrats! looks like you're a sucker for white...
Appreciate 1
Tricki215.00
      06-17-2019, 08:55 AM   #24
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

I swapped my white M2 for a white M2C as well.

Last edited by WAY; 06-17-2019 at 10:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
Tricki215.00
      07-31-2019, 05:42 PM   #25
bbenny
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Im also interested in flashing my M2. From the experiences above, I'm still unsure which to go BM3 or MHD. can you adjust the burble on both? some of the vidoes ive seen of these tunes sound a little over the top! dont mind the odd pop and bang, but this constant gunshot stuff is a little hectic for me.

I will also have a Wagner catless DP which I know throws a CEL - will either of these tunes be able to automatically clear that code?
Thanks for any help
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 05:54 AM   #26
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenny View Post
Im also interested in flashing my M2. From the experiences above, I'm still unsure which to go BM3 or MHD. can you adjust the burble on both? some of the vidoes ive seen of these tunes sound a little over the top! dont mind the odd pop and bang, but this constant gunshot stuff is a little hectic for me.

I will also have a Wagner catless DP which I know throws a CEL - will either of these tunes be able to automatically clear that code?
Thanks for any help
Can’t help with the CEL but I can tell you that you can adjust both the length and intensity of the burbles on BM3.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2019, 08:54 AM   #27
JANG
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

I just got BM3 for mine and you can turn the burbles right down. You can adjust them individually for Sport and Sport+ modes too, so what I've done is have them very low in Sport and a bit more intense in Sport+ (off by default in Comfort mode).

CEL is cleared.

Automotive photography | www.janglovac.com
Appreciate 1
bbenny3.50
      08-01-2019, 07:06 PM   #28
AtlasMarbleMeow
Private
Rep

Quote:

I am in the same boat too.

Been researching both tunes, seems like BM3 is more popular.

Haven't seen many dyno sheets for the MHD tune but my tuner is recommending me to go with MHD with the mods I am planning to go with.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 06:07 AM   #29
bbenny
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANG View Post
I just got BM3 for mine and you can turn the burbles right down. You can adjust them individually for Sport and Sport+ modes too, so what I've done is have them very low in Sport and a bit more intense in Sport+ (off by default in Comfort mode).

CEL is cleared.
That's awesome to know. Is this all something you can set yourself with the off the shelf tunes?
Will be looking to get an intercooler as well as my dump and do the BM3 tune.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2019, 07:08 PM   #30
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

Quote:
That's awesome to know. Is this all something you can set yourself with the off the shelf tunes?
Yes
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2019, 09:18 PM   #31
JANG
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Yeah very easy - just need a laptop/OBD2 cable and you're set (or can do it via wifi but thats a more expensive option).

I plan to put mine on the dyno soon though just for peace of mind.

Automotive photography | www.janglovac.com
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2019, 12:32 AM   #32
bbenny
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANG View Post
Yeah very easy - just need a laptop/OBD2 cable and you're set (or can do it via wifi but thats a more expensive option).

I plan to put mine on the dyno soon though just for peace of mind.
Would love to see your results too. Thanks for the info.
I will be doing the BM3 tune for sure. Ill get a before and after run on the dyno to see the difference - most likely stage2+ with DP and IC.
Would be good to share results - im suprised to see very little dyno comparisons in these M2 forums...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 04:38 AM   #33
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by specka View Post
Hi mate - sorry, my post was unclear... I did work through all the OTS tunes including 93, just did it in a progressive fashion. That 'lag' (wrong word really) was present in all of them.

If I get any time I will reflash, log and involve PTF, just super time poor lately!

Cheers
Wondering if you managed to get the BM3 issues sorted?

I've been on the fence about a tune but learnt today with a BM3 Custom Tune I can have the oem 'Sport' throttle mapping across all driving modes (seems to be the only way it can be done in the OG M2).

Will make 6MT driving much better generally but more so Sport+/MDM for spirited/track driving, that Sport+ throttle can be dangerous when getting back on the gas out of corners

Is there anyone running a Custom BM3 tune? Looking at their website there aren't any authorised dealers in Sydney
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 03:13 AM   #34
bbenny
Private
Australia
Rep

I just bought the BM3 tune today - unfortunately the OBD cable I got on ebay doesnt work for my Mac, so I have ordered another.
Ill be doing the BM3 tune myself this week once the OBD cable arrives. This is for my OG M2.
Ill let you know how it goes. I will also go run it on the dyno standard and stage 2+ to see what the real difference is.
I purchased the full off the shelf tune pack, so I can play with all tunes.
I currently have a downpipe, but will also upgrade the intercooler.
Appreciate 1
David.m429.50
      08-28-2019, 07:55 PM   #35
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

I'm now running:
- BM3 Stage 2
- Wagner Evo 2 intercooler
- Eventuri intake
- IPE full exhaust with high flow DP

Stage 2 seems to be a nice step up. This is by no means technical and I'm sure the numbers are way off, but I put a stage 1 log and a stage 2 log through a virtual dyno program. It doesn't have M2, so I had to select 7 speed 135i. I mainly just wanted an illustration of the difference between the two runs - it shows approx 20% increase in power and 22% in torque

Note, I changed from 265/30/19 to 275/35/19 so that's why the tyre sizes are showing differently between the two logs.

Here's the raw stage 2 logs, should anyone want to take a look.
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d666...JxYd34ZJ9R_p-E

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d666...2H1EMSzMvVh3_8
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      08-29-2019, 09:17 PM   #36
bbenny
Private
Australia
Rep

Popped the bm3 stage 2 tune on last night. Haven't been able to feel the real difference yet as it's been raining all night and today. Burbling is pretty loud, but I like it. Should receive intercooler and charge pipes today so will fit these with my dp over the weekend. BM3 program and install is so simple. Great program.
Will do a standard vs stage 2 dyno run in a few weeks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 10:33 PM   #37
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

I had a play around with the virtual dyno. It appears to calculate the power and torque based on the gear ratios, weight, drag etc. I took the 1M as a starting point then found the M2 DCT gear ratios and final drive. Long story short the below figures should be far more realistic. I'm not sure about 418whp for the Stage 2 run as that seems high from what I've read, though the 346whp for Stage 1 seems reasonable from what I've seen.

Keen to see your dyno runs Benny.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      09-03-2019, 06:57 PM   #38
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

A quick update. I sent logs through to PTF and Halim has suggested I swap to 91 Octane. I was running BP Ultimate. It seems our fuel quality isn't quite up to scratch so a 91 Octane tune is a more conservative approach.

The butt dyno hasn't registered any difference between 93 and 91.

bbenny You might want to do the same.
Appreciate 2
      09-04-2019, 12:58 AM   #39
specka
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI BSM

Garage List
2017 BMW M2 LCI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Wondering if you managed to get the BM3 issues sorted?

I've been on the fence about a tune but learnt today with a BM3 Custom Tune I can have the oem 'Sport' throttle mapping across all driving modes (seems to be the only way it can be done in the OG M2).

Will make 6MT driving much better generally but more so Sport+/MDM for spirited/track driving, that Sport+ throttle can be dangerous when getting back on the gas out of corners

Is there anyone running a Custom BM3 tune? Looking at their website there aren't any authorised dealers in Sydney
Sorry for the slow reply, been awol for a while. Had dramas with my Ohlins, has seen the car back in and out of workshops for weeks!

I never managed to get things sorted, however I'm running the Stg 2 93 tune again. The same issue is there, with a strange lack of engagement between 1500-200RPM. It makes city driving miserable but its not an issue on proper drives so I'm living with it.

My car goes in for 20k service tomorrow at BMW - I'll flash it back to stock tune first but all the other mods are staying on, wondering how I'll fare re warranty flag. It even has stock suspension on the front and Ohlins on the rear

If I persevere with the car, I am considering going and getting a custom tune and dyno done at Evolve or EMS.

Hope everyone is having better luck
      09-05-2019, 04:32 AM   #40
Tricki
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dec540 View Post
A quick update. I sent logs through to PTF and Halim has suggested I swap to 91 Octane. I was running BP Ultimate. It seems our fuel quality isn't quite up to scratch so a 91 Octane tune is a more conservative approach.

The butt dyno hasn't registered any difference between 93 and 91.

bbenny You might want to do the same.
Funny you say that.... im running OTS map wit MHD and feel to many timing corretion on 93 map. Ive gone to 91 map and less corrections but still feels very strong.
Boost is the same between maps but timing has dropped so its not as aggressive.
You can continue with the 93 map and put 4 litres of e85 in your tank with also helps
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 06:46 PM   #41
bbenny
Private
Australia
Rep

So I installed the catless DP, Wagner Evo2 intercooler, charge and boost pipes on the weekend. (Prick of a job doing the piping - but pretty straight forward)
Stage 2 91 map (as suggested by you guys) Car feels so much stronger, and pulls all the way to the top now.
However the car already had a dinan exhaust with res delete and its way too loud for me now since adding the catless DP. it sounds awesome if it wasnt my daily and I cant go to client meetings with all the noise haha...

Im thinking of getting a sport Cat DP to quiet it down a little.
Any suggestions??
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 02:38 AM   #42
Dec540
Captain
Australia
Rep

Quote:
So I installed the catless DP, Wagner Evo2 intercooler, charge and boost pipes on the weekend. (Prick of a job doing the piping - but pretty straight forward)
Stage 2 91 map (as suggested by you guys) Car feels so much stronger, and pulls all the way to the top now.
However the car already had a dinan exhaust with res delete and its way too loud for me now since adding the catless DP. it sounds awesome if it wasnt my daily and I cant go to client meetings with all the noise haha...

Im thinking of getting a sport Cat DP to quiet it down a little.
Any suggestions??
I've got a sport cat is pretty fkn loud when combined with the iPE exhaust. I'm not sure how much difference there would be sound wise between sport vs catless - can't imagine it's going to solve your problem though.

Does the Dinan have a valve that you can control? My iPE is pretty quiet with the valve closed and screams with the valve open.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2019, 08:11 AM   #43
coreyjn7
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2023 M240i

Just had my M2 Comp tuned by SouthernBM (Melbourne), makes a huge difference and strongly recommend. The service from there was also amazing and the tune is a significant increase in power but also extremely driveable in traffic etc

ESS Tune Only
370kw/680nm
Auto Stop/Start default to off
Extended scale on sport gauges
Top speed limit removal
GTS+ Burble - not obnoxious
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2019, 09:54 PM   #44
Duke Silver
Private
Rep
Drives: '17 MG M2

I thought I would do some logging yesterday atfer running the BM3 Stage 2 95Ron map for about 2 weeks now, not ideal conditions as the roads were a little damp...Third gear wasn't an option as the back end just wanted to step out all time. So ended up doing a fourth gear pull, I was so surprised how the car just kept on pulling.

I think I messed up by setting the logging to metric as it messed up the boost pressures. Good news is that there is no knock, it appears there is some timing being pulled.

http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5d869711c090c65813141017

I may have to do another session of logging to check the boost values with imperial units and I may get PTF to a quick sanity check.

The only mods are.
Fabspeed DP
Remus Exhaust
Wagner EvoII Comp Intercooler
One step colder NGK Plugs
FTP Charge pipe
Appreciate 0