BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > BMW M2C ONR wash - amazing results!

07-12-2020, 06:47 PM   #1
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
I'm impressed with optimum's no rinse (ONR) solution. I cleaned my car after months using rinse less wash and the results are amazing. The shine on the paint is deep and glossy. I was also able to wipe off the brake dust (well, most of it!) using ONR. Used a sprayer and half bucket with ONR solution, and took me 1 hour to clean the whole car.
Attached Images

2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 1
chris7197331.50
      07-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #2
Orange fever
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: E36M,E46M,E90M,X5M,i3,M2,i8

Look great

BMW I12 i8 Frozen Yellow- H&R springs, 22" Radenergie F10 Monoblock Forged ///
F87 M2 Aw -Vorsteiner Aero Kit, VFF-107,Macht Schnell-Springs,VF-Engineering/Hex tuning Stage Two,ER DP,Stock Exhaust,Drop-In Bmc Filter,AA Intercooler,FTP Charge pipe+boost pipe/// Wish list :Mexico delivery 2024 BMW M2 (G87)
Appreciate 1
      07-12-2020, 08:29 PM   #3
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

I've always been so scared to try rinseless washing. What's the limit on how dirty the car can be for rinseless washes to be safe and effective?
Appreciate 1
jkoral1020.50
      07-15-2020, 06:11 PM   #4
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I only wash my car with rinseless wash. I can not believe more people don’t- it is so fast, so effective, and so environmentally friendly. It is incredible. Try Wolfgang next- I started with ONR too but WG leaves no residue behind.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 06:19 PM   #5
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckybadger View Post
I'm impressed with optimum's no rinse (ONR) solution. I cleaned my car after months using rinse less wash and the results are amazing. The shine on the paint is deep and glossy. I was also able to wipe off the brake dust (well, most of it!) using ONR. Used a sprayer and half bucket with ONR solution, and took me 1 hour to clean the whole car.
ONR is magical stuff. Dasnub is right, I haven't tried it, but I hear the WG stuff is even better.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 06:20 PM   #6
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
I've always been so scared to try rinseless washing. What's the limit on how dirty the car can be for rinseless washes to be safe and effective?
Everyone will have different thresholds, but I would spray off anything more than loose or fine particulates. It's not that it won't be effective, but your chance of marring the clear goes up.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 10:43 PM   #7
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Now get yourself some Brown Royal and watch your mind be blown when you spray it on, rinse it off, and are left with wheels so clean it’s like you hand scrubbed them. Oh, and it’s non acidic.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #8
khoa@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: F83

Good stuff. Car shines like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2020, 06:07 PM   #9
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep

ONR is magic.
Your car will not scratch. You will be converted to using rinse-less wash.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2020, 01:18 PM   #10
Mr Pete
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 997 GT3 4.1, Golf R (daily)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
Everyone will have different thresholds, but I would spray off anything more than loose or fine particulates. It's not that it won't be effective, but your chance of marring the clear goes up.
This. I've seen marring on the clear coat when I used Optimum no rinse. If you live in California or somewhere with comparable weather, not much rain/seasons, could get away with no rinse. Apartment people, your options are limited I suppose. Otherwise, you're best bet is rinsing off. I use a power washer hooked up to a deionizer, makes washes easy and simple. I'm getting lazier as I get older.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:31 AM   #11
buckybadger
BMW forever!
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Quote:
This. I've seen marring on the clear coat when I used Optimum no rinse. If you live in California or somewhere with comparable weather, not much rain/seasons, could get away with no rinse. Apartment people, your options are limited I suppose. Otherwise, you're best bet is rinsing off. I use a power washer hooked up to a deionizer, makes washes easy and simple. I'm getting lazier as I get older.
With ONR, it should take no more than 15 minutes to wash your car.
Mine was in bad shape and I took many breaks, still took me only 1 hour and there was no mess post clean up.
2009 BMW 328i
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 10:38 AM   #12
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pete View Post
If my car is exceptionally dirty, I’ll run it through a touchless wash first or take it to a self serve bay to spray it down. I agree that you’re adding some risk using rinseless wash on a car covered in mud or salt without spraying it down. I live in a downtown metro apartment now, but even when I had my own homes rinseless was the choice. It’s just the fastest effective solution- especially because you can wash right in the sun since you dry each panel immediately.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2020, 01:13 PM   #13
RocketBoots
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Horse Drawn Carriage

ONR is great as long as your car isn't dirty; but then, what's the point of washing it?

In all seriousness, I actually really like ONR. It's the OG. I use it more as a 'maintenance' or 'in-between' wash, when my car isn't super dirty. It works great in that regard. It's also a great additive.

As a time saver, I don't think it saves much, if any, time in my setup (I have a pressure washer and hose reel).
ONR: Fill bucket, soak towels, wipe, dry, dry again, repeat. Clean up buckets, wring out towels.
Traditional wash: Fill up buckets, foam cannon car, wash down car, rinse off with DI water, walk away. Dump out buckets, rinse wash mitt.
Appreciate 0