02-23-2019, 03:36 AM   #23
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Hey man! Yeah, I am still on the original tires. I suspect they'll last me to 30k miles. They're fantastic tires! I can't wait to get MPS4's. Everyone says they're even better than the MPSS's.

Maybe I should go do a track day and as Chris Harris says, "Wreck some tires," just so that I can hurry up and get those replacements and have something fun to look forward to!
I'm trying to baby mine until my new wheels and tires come in so I can sell the michelins with the stock wheels for more money lmao

Anywho 50% side tint is illegal in CA?
      02-23-2019, 09:04 AM   #24
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post
Quote:
Hey man! Yeah, I am still on the original tires. I suspect they'll last me to 30k miles. They're fantastic tires! I can't wait to get MPS4's. Everyone says they're even better than the MPSS's.

Maybe I should go do a track day and as Chris Harris says, "Wreck some tires," just so that I can hurry up and get those replacements and have something fun to look forward to!
I'm trying to baby mine until my new wheels and tires come in so I can sell the michelins with the stock wheels for more money lmao

Ha! You're gonna sell your wheels when the wire is showing, huh?

Yeah, law in CA is tinting must be 88% or higher on front side windows. Stated rationale is that tinting reduces visibility, especially at night, so for safety reasons blah, blah, blah...

If you've ever studied public choice theory, the real reason is the same as why in the US cops are allowed to confiscate your cash and any property they find on you without due process via "civil asset forfeiture": They got the guns, you don't, and they have pensions and benefits to pay for... using your money.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2019, 12:16 PM   #25
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrenw View Post

Any tint on the front windows is illegal, 50% is pretty light, most cops won't bother you
Appreciate 1
el_june19.50
      02-23-2019, 04:37 PM   #26
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Ha! You're gonna sell your wheels when the wire is showing, huh?

Yeah, law in CA is tinting must be 88% or higher on front side windows. Stated rationale is that tinting reduces visibility, especially at night, so for safety reasons blah, blah, blah...

If you've ever studied public choice theory, the real reason is the same as why in the US cops are allowed to confiscate your cash and any property they find on you without due process via "civil asset forfeiture": They got the guns, you don't, and they have pensions and benefits to pay for... using your money.
Lol no the opposite, I have a ton of life left in them and I want to sell them as "almost new" lmao

heard about the cash thing. It's one of the reasons why I'm not in a rush to hurry back. That, and I'd rather slow down for speed cameras than be on the lookout for cops.
      02-23-2019, 06:11 PM   #27
guardodoc
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 e92, 1986 325e 2021 X5 40i

Yes MSRP but $68K

Because carbon fiber bits on the one I saw at Encinitas in the show room.
Appreciate 0