02-22-2019, 02:09 PM   #1
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

2 M2C available at MSRP in SoCal

Hey guys,

Don't know if folks are still struggling to find M2C or not. But, if so, there are 2 M2C available for immediate purchase in SoCal at BMW Encinitas at MSRP. Both are DCT. 1 is in HS and the other is AW.

If interested, you can call Davin at 858-357-4956.
Appreciate 3
M2GT120.00
pz6193278.50
      02-22-2019, 02:11 PM   #2
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Hey guys,

Don't know if folks are still struggling to find M2C or not. But, if so, there are 2 M2C available for immediate purchase in SoCal at BMW Encinitas at MSRP. Both are DCT. 1 is in HS and the other is AW.

Wow, the demand is just not there huh?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoracin View Post
Quote:
Hey guys,

Not sure that it's an issue of demand. It's that BMW Encinitas gets a S***load of allocations because they're in the top 10 M car sellers in the US.

I'm sitting here getting 10k mile service done and literally every other car in their lot is an M car. It's crazy.

A month or so ago, there was a thread on the forum tracking cars arriving to the US. And literally there were 4 or 5 members who were all picking theirs up from Encinitas. Crazy.
Appreciate 1
dr3wzilla138.00
      02-22-2019, 02:39 PM   #4
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Not sure that it's an issue of demand. It's that BMW Encinitas gets a S***load of allocations because they're in the top 10 M car sellers in the US.

I'm sitting here getting 10k mile service done and literally every other car in their lot is an M car. It's crazy.

A month or so ago, there was a thread on the forum tracking cars arriving to the US. And literally there were 4 or 5 members who were all picking theirs up from Encinitas. Crazy.
10 k miles?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
Quote:

10 k miles?
Yeah, I'm the guy who will go out on a 20 mile drive to get gas. I mean, what's the point of going 3 blocks down the road to fill up? You gotta warm up the engine properly, right?

But, I don't think I come anywhere close to the record. There are a couple of other dudes on the forum who had already gotten to something like 10k miles after 3 months, and burned through their first set of MPSS after like 500 miles. Those guys are my heroes. Took me nearly 6!
Appreciate 6
pz6193278.50
Altra265.50
Tag18135.50
dr3wzilla138.00
      02-22-2019, 03:30 PM   #6
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:

Yep, absolutely true. They do a huge amount of business yet physically is the smallest bmw dealerships I've ever seen. If you want to navigate anywhere in that parking lot they basically need to move a dozen cars just so you can enter/leave.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 03:31 PM   #7
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

When I was looking for an M2C locally in Southern California, I had a poor experience with this dealership and a CA and GM there. I believe this dealer is part of AutoNation which has mediocre to poor reviews.

I'm not surprised they are now offering M2Cs for MSRP.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 03:34 PM   #8
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Yeah, I'm the guy who will go out on a 20 mile drive to get gas. I mean, what's the point of going 3 blocks down the road to fill up? You gotta warm up the engine properly, right?

But, I don't think I come anywhere close to the record. There are a couple of other dudes on the forum who had already gotten to something like 10k miles after 3 months, and burned through their first set of MPSS after like 500 miles. Those guys are my heroes. Took me nearly 6!
I do get kind of sad for people who have a short enough commute that the engine doesn't even get to temperature....
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 03:36 PM   #9
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
I do get kind of sad for people who have a short enough commute that the engine doesn't even get to temperature....
Yeah

That's my commute. Its about 4 miles and the oil gets up to temp right as I park at work.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:03 PM   #10
FalconUSAF
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C, LBB, all options.

cptobvious, any maintenance issues at 10K. Sounds like you "drive it!!" I put 1,200 mi on mine in first 3 weeks.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:27 PM   #11
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderlustSeoul View Post
When I was looking for an M2C locally in Southern California, I had a poor experience with this dealership and a CA and GM there. I believe this dealer is part of AutoNation which has mediocre to poor reviews.

I'm not surprised they are now offering M2Cs for MSRP.
FWIW I travel far relative from my house in SD to go to BMW of Vista who is part of AutoNation and I receive great service from Brian Chartier who many have recommended as the SA for modded cars
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 04:32 PM   #12
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
M2s were easy to come by also by mid 2017. Most people that wanted a car in this segment bought an M2 already probably, or the demand for the entire segment is just not that strong.

MSRP is not really a sign of low demand though. Even MSRP is not normal. You can get huge discounts on M4s. I've never paid MSRP for a car in my life.
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 04:39 PM   #13
nomoracin
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche GTS 4.0

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Hey guys,

10k? Well done, sir!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #14
FalconUSAF
Private
United_States
Rep

Bought my M2C on Jan 12th @ $1,500 under MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 04:54 PM   #15
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post
FWIW I travel far relative from my house in SD to go to BMW of Vista who is part of AutoNation and I receive great service from Brian Chartier who many have recommended as the SA for modded cars
Thanks for the recommendation. I'm still not sure where I plan to take my car for service but it's also going to take me a while to get to the first oil change.

Because all but one dealer in Southern Cal would not offer at MSRP (sunset orange so didn't want it), I purchased my car out of state at BMW Denver for 5% discount off MSRP. I was just tired of all the BS on how these cars are selling over MSRP and that the cars would not be on the lot very long. This has not been the case...when I look at some of the dealers that would not budge off their markups and they still have the same cars available weeks and months later.

I was open to paying MSRP but there was no way I was willing to pay a dealer markup for this car even if I can afford it.

Last edited by aWanderlustSeoul; 02-22-2019 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
      02-22-2019, 05:23 PM   #16
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconxx12 View Post
cptobvious, any maintenance issues at 10K. Sounds like you "drive it!!" I put 1,200 mi on mine in first 3 weeks.
@falconxx12, no maintenance issues thus far! I know in the past there were some issues with the whole "crank hub failure" epidemic and whatnot. But, seems BMW has really resolved all of that. You know what they say: "Never buy the first model year of any car." I guess they've had enough time with the S55 to work out most issues?

The car has been an absolute dream. I know there are some folks on the forum who are used to 800hp monsters, but for someone like me, this car is absolutely lightening fast, fun as nuts to drive, the shifts are lightening quick, and it's nice enough that my whole family can ride in the car. It's the perfect blend of performance and daily usability for someone like me.

My only issue now is ticket happy cops. Got pulled over again the other day, but the cops let me off with a warning after seeing my 5 year old and my 2 year old in the back in kids seats. Prior to the M2C, hadn't gotten a ticket in nearly 20 years! Cops really like giving tickets to hooligan cars!
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2019, 05:37 PM   #17
RIP_MKVI
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C / 2023 iX50

Quote:
@falconxx12, no maintenance issues thus far! I know in the past there were some issues with the whole "crank hub failure" epidemic and whatnot. But, seems BMW has really resolved all of that. You know what they say: "Never buy the first model year of any car." I guess they've had enough time with the S55 to work out most issues?

The car has been an absolute dream. I know there are some folks on the forum who are used to 800hp monsters, but for someone like me, this car is absolutely lightening fast, fun as nuts to drive, the shifts are lightening quick, and it's nice enough that my whole family can ride in the car. It's the perfect blend of performance and daily usability for someone like me.

My only issue now is ticket happy cops. Got pulled over again the other day, but the cops let me off with a warning after seeing my 5 year old and my 2 year old in the back in kids seats. Prior to the M2C, hadn't gotten a ticket in nearly 20 years! Cops really like giving tickets to hooligan cars!
What did you get pulled over for? are you still running without front license plate?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 06:15 PM   #18
FalconUSAF
Private
United_States
Rep

Thx cptobvious. Sorry about your tickets. Very cool that your kids can enjoy the M2C experience. I am going on 51 years with no tickets, soooooo, I am way over due! My grandkids love jumping into back seats and heading onto backroads with gramps😎
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 06:50 PM   #19
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:

Are you still on your original tires?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 07:27 PM   #20
aerokubectl
Major
Rep
Drives: M2C

I've seen a few at Century West BMW. Not a fan of HS. Seems like all the dealer allocations are HS+DCT.

Encinitas eh, I should go visit them
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #21
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP_MKVI View Post
What did you get pulled over for? are you still running without front license plate?
Ha! Yeah. Running without front license plate, and also have 50% tinting on side windows. I got stopped ostensibly because I was coming out of my cul de sac to make a left turn, started to pull into the street, then noticed another car coming, and stopped. I was a half car length into the street, and backed up to let the car pass, and then made the left turn after the car passed. Well, there was a cop car parked right across the street. The cop said, "I pulled you over because you almost caused a car accident there."

My daughter in the back seat said, "Oh no, daddy, we're going to be late to grandma's house!" as the cop was asking for my license and registration. He went back to his patrol car, looked me up on his computer, obviously saw that I wasn't a criminal with outstanding warrants, and came back to say, "Look, I should give you a fix it ticket for the front license plate and the tinting on your side windows, but just go take care of it, okay, sir?"

I guess my daughter saved me a $50 ticket and having to stick a stupid license plate on the front and taking off my beloved tinting!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 09:38 PM   #22
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
Are you still on your original tires?
Hey man! Yeah, I am still on the original tires. I suspect they'll last me to 30k miles. They're fantastic tires! I can't wait to get MPS4's. Everyone says they're even better than the MPSS's.

Maybe I should go do a track day and as Chris Harris says, "Wreck some tires," just so that I can hurry up and get those replacements and have something fun to look forward to!
Appreciate 1
bplewis24188.50