BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > 10 Days with MR's BMW M2C DCT Vs M2 DCT Comparison

10-09-2018, 12:10 AM   #67
Craig335d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d Shadow Edition Xdrive

I get the impression that this place would be much better off without the aspiring (or failed) journalists writing as if they are trying to create a headline.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 12:48 AM   #68
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post

You think this place is touchy? Good luck on the Porsche forums - they get into it over a 1mm difference in the tail lights...
+1

On the Rennlist forum, GT3 RS owners lashes out with a wet noodle when there is a slightest whiff of doubt on their superiority or if there is any non-positive probing on the RS.

Their timeless motto - an RS is always an RS

Then you have the GT3 owners who always somehow see the GT4 as an entry junior GT car or a GT pretender wearing a GT badge because of its non GT engine and components stolen from the 911 GT3 parts bin.

The better people for discussion I found are those in the 911 (non GT forum)

The politics there are renowned and if people think this forum is harsh, you ain't seen nothing yet

Last edited by Karmic Man; 10-09-2018 at 12:56 AM..
Appreciate 1
dmboone254972.00
      10-09-2018, 01:40 AM   #69
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
I do think you have a very valid point.

I'm often quite surprised and taken aback by the weird / uncalled for vitriol on this forum. Unfortunately, I doubt there's much that can be done about it, as I suspect it's purely a matter of demographics. BMW M crowd tends to run a bit younger and roughly 99.9% male. Angry young men are not known for diplomacy and genteel debate.

To your point, on the Porsche forums, folks seem to be much more easy going and much less prone to outbursts and childish name calling. Planning to get a Cayman myself, and have been spending more and more time over there, and the tone of conversations is much more respectful.

If it's any consolation, you should know that there are many of us who do very much appreciate your review and your willingness to put time and effort into providing your perspective.
Well that isn’t my experience - I have GT4 and when the gen1 was being released the Porsche forums were full of quite angry exchanges that seemed to bubble up from nowhere much like this forum. As you said it’s the human condition! If it’s aimed at you try and rise above it and not react as that only continues the cycle!

At the end of the day we’re all petrolheads we all love cars, we may differ on the finer points but it’s not like we are trying to chat this through with a bunch of car haters - let’s face it we are all on here because we have bored our better halves rigid with endless facts and figures about cars - let’s not alienate ourselves from that sanctuary!
Appreciate 5
cptobvious2531.50
Robin_NL8716.00
Davil6503.50
ChrisK4449.00
COChris888.50
      10-09-2018, 01:42 AM   #70
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachesmith View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
I do think you have a very valid point.

I'm often quite surprised and taken aback by the weird / uncalled for vitriol on this forum. Unfortunately, I doubt there's much that can be done about it, as I suspect it's purely a matter of demographics. BMW M crowd tends to run a bit younger and roughly 99.9% male. Angry young men are not known for diplomacy and genteel debate.

To your point, on the Porsche forums, folks seem to be much more easy going and much less prone to outbursts and childish name calling. Planning to get a Cayman myself, and have been spending more and more time over there, and the tone of conversations is much more respectful.

If it's any consolation, you should know that there are many of us who do very much appreciate your review and your willingness to put time and effort into providing your perspective.
Well that is!’t my experience - I have GT4 and when the gen1 was being released the Porsche forums were full of quite angry exchanges that seemed to bubble up from nowhere much like this forum. As you said it’s the human condition! If it’s aimed at you try and rise above it and not react as that only continues the cycle!

At the end of the day we’re all petrolheads we all love cars, we may differ on the finer points but it’s not like we are trying to chat this through with a bunch of car haters - let’s face it we are all on here because we have bored our better halves rigid with endless facts and figures about cars - let’s not alienate ourselves from that sanctuary!
Amen, brother!
Appreciate 1
krizze928.00