BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > F1 Driver of the Year 2019 season

12-06-2019, 10:39 AM   #89
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracin View Post
Haha Charles along with Danny Ric, Carlos, Lando, & George are the coolest drivers on the grid.

Max is the shitbird. Must have gotten from his wife beating Dad. Nice to see where your support is.
ts ts that's a bit below the belt, lets not get to that level eh mate.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 11:23 AM   #90
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
if it is made by "hidden Merc innovation" or not .
Still waiting for the evidence.
Otherwise its just being a sore loser.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 11:28 AM   #91
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Ill ignore all the ridiculous talk about innovation being cheating and just comment on the OP.

I really believe that Sainz was the driver of the year. He put up amazing results with a non-competitive package. It was great seeing the McLarens, RPs and Renaults duking it out in the last race and I wish they got more screen time.

I think Charles is a great driver and deserves the credit for beating his 4 time WC teammate.

Sainz and Norris are hilarious together and I hope McLaren can become top tier again so we can see these two with their elbows out in the top 5 more often.
Appreciate 1
dtla1826.00
      12-06-2019, 11:34 AM   #92
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorFunkyPants View Post
His point was that some thing(s) were allowed by FIA to Merc which were unfair to the other teams.One example that he showed is in my opinion borderline pouring fuel onto the fire to the massive advantage they have already, a system that keeps the tyres cooler than anyone else's, it's quite simple really.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #93
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 2018 G30 540i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngilbe36 View Post
Ill ignore all the ridiculous talk about innovation being cheating and just comment on the OP.

I really believe that Sainz was the driver of the year. He put up amazing results with a non-competitive package. It was great seeing the McLarens, RPs and Renaults duking it out in the last race and I wish they got more screen time.

I think Charles is a great driver and deserves the credit for beating his 4 time WC teammate.

Sainz and Norris are hilarious together and I hope McLaren can become top tier again so we can see these two with their elbows out in the top 5 more often.
I agree. Even though Hamilton had an outstanding year, it is sort of expected of him, being a multiple w/c and all that.

Sainz though, came from nowhere, and really dragged that Mclaren to places it didn't really belong. Norris was not far behind, and seeing it is his rookie year, a good job well done by him.

Now, I would bet good money that Sainz will be world champion in the next 3 years, especially with that Merc power plant in the Mclaren. If I were Leclerc, Verstappen etc, I would be worried.

Seidl is no fool, and will do everything in his power to keep the current drivers to maintain momentum in that team. Another bonus is that Norris and Sainz seems to get along really well.
Appreciate 2
dtla1826.00
Ngilbe361618.50
      12-06-2019, 01:38 PM   #94
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
If you know Mercedes are cheating, then lay out the facts.
Otherwise its just nonsense you pair are making up to account for why your chosen one isn't winning.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
His point was that some thing(s) were allowed by FIA to Merc which were unfair to the other teams.One example that he showed is in my opinion borderline pouring fuel onto the fire to the massive advantage they have already, a system that keeps the tyres cooler than anyone else's, it's quite simple really.
Exactly !
Like M5theonlyone said it's quite simple ...
The obvious evidence you saw during the whole last 1,2,3,4... seasons , by the Mercs freewheeling to xxx victories !

The whole world complained about the f@cking boring F1 races . The Mercs drove away from on the start grid . Few laps later they were already out of sight for the remaining laps of the race in question.
Yeah ! That was really awesome....

I know F1 enthusiasts who watched for more than 10-15 years all the F1 races . Well , they didn't watched anymore... Till suddenly MAX came in sight. And how ? He was fighting like a wild dog in the Mercs slipstream in a car who had 100 HP less and without secret tyre cooling innovations !
The last 2 seasons the F1 races showed more than just 2 silver cars making the rest of the field looking ridiculous...
Thanks to the driver skills from MAX and RB-Honda we can *finally* watch an exciting race again !

In 2021 MAX is WC !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      12-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #95
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
a system that keeps the tyres cooler than anyone else's, it's quite simple really.
So its the rear tyre cooling system thats got you both wound up?

The FIA have inspected it
Its within the technical regulations
Any team is free to use the same system.

Trying to infer it is somehow illegal is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe you are somehow confusing this system with Red Bulls illegal blown axle design?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2019, 02:45 PM   #96
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Its within the technical regulations
Any team is free to use the same system.

Trying to infer it is somehow illegal is beyond ridiculous.

Maybe you are somehow confusing this system with Red Bulls illegal blown axle design?
Why would I be confusing it with something else. Fia clear and block other things on the regular basis and as explained to you this particular hub mod was a 'grey' area and passed when fans are calling out for some change to the processions of the last six years.I've lost count of posters on other sites saying it's boring so it was out of order for Fia to allow it when even the owners of F1 themselves are fed up with this situation.
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 02:56 PM   #97
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:

Mate you nailed it !
That's why the FIA really s@cks . Or was it a love affair ?

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      12-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #98
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

I give in...I'm off to teach the theory of relativity to my cat...it should be easier.
Appreciate 1
mk1-fan581.00
      12-06-2019, 03:08 PM   #99
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Mate you nailed it !
That's why the FIA really s@cks . Or was it a love affair ?
I think the cat didn't quite get the cream
Appreciate 1
      12-06-2019, 03:19 PM   #100
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I think the cat didn't quite get the cream
Yeah . I think a lot of cream was involved in the situation

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      12-07-2019, 10:33 AM   #101
thebishman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘24 iX M60

A plea to ‘M Power Belgium’ and ‘M5theonlyone’

I would like to appeal to the two of you to please consider something:

For many, many years and certainly long before you both started posting to this sub-forum, the members have had a robust, but collegial discussion on all things F1. Yes, we’ve poked fun at each other at times, and of course we’ve all had our favourites when expressing ourselves; that’s what you do on an Internet forum after all.

But the two of you, with your slavish fanaticism towards all things Max Verstappen, is frankly, IMHO, ruining most of the threads.

Members can no longer have a serious discussion on the merits of one driver; team; strategy, etc. anymore because to the two of you Max can never do anything wrong. When his race is ruined by an obvious personal mistake, you both refuse to accept the fact that it wasn’t someone else’s fault. When Max isn’t on the top step, or any step of the podium, it’s an FIA; Race Steward, etc. conspiracy that kept him from winning. When Mercedes, (like Williams; McClaren; Ferrari and Red Bull in the past), are the dominant team simply because they have innovated better; worked harder; have the best talent, etc., you cry wolf as if that hasn’t always been the way of F1 for over three decades now, because Max isn’t a member of the team.

In other words, neither of you are being in any way, shape or form objective about the state of the sport simply because your favourite driver isn’t dominant. If in a couple of years Red Bull get their act together, and Max becomes F1’s most consistent, (something he desperately lacks currently), and dominant driver, neither of you will acknowledge all of the arguments about why that is ‘bad for the sport’, that you espouse today.

What am I asking?: please do not hijack/ruin every F1 thread by turning it into a ‘Max Verstappen is the best F1 driver ever discussion, and why there is a conspiracy against him being able to demonstrate his greatness’. It is ruining the whole F1 discussion in this sub-forum, and is extremely selfish. Please think about creating a dedicated Max thread where you can both post everything about Max that you’d like, and let’s not have every other thread morph into one about MV.

You can both tell me to go and fuck off; frankly I wouldn’t blame you for doing so, but these discussions are so much more enjoyable and informative when each and every post doesn’t become simply about one person.

Bish
Appreciate 5
mk1-fan581.00
wdb4673.00
yco5722.50
      12-07-2019, 11:42 AM   #102
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post

For many, many years and certainly long before you both started posting to this sub-forum, the members have had a robust, but collegial discussion on all things F1. Yes, we’ve poked fun at each other at times, and of course we’ve all had our favourites when expressing ourselves; that’s what you do on an Internet forum after all.

But the two of you, with your slavish fanaticism towards all things Max Verstappen, is frankly, IMHO, ruining most of the threads.

Members can no longer have a serious discussion on the merits of one driver; team; strategy, etc. anymore because to the two of you Max can never do anything wrong. When his race is ruined by an obvious personal mistake, you both refuse to accept the fact that it wasn’t someone else’s fault. When Max isn’t on the top step, or any step of the podium, it’s an FIA; Race Steward, etc. conspiracy that kept him from winning. When Mercedes, (like Williams; McClaren; Ferrari and Red Bull in the past), are the dominant team simply because they have innovated better; worked harder; have the best talent, etc., you cry wolf as if that hasn’t always been the way of F1 for over three decades now, because Max isn’t a member of the team.

In other words, neither of you are being in any way, shape or form objective about the state of the sport simply because your favourite driver isn’t dominant. If in a couple of years Red Bull get their act together, and Max becomes F1’s most consistent, (something he desperately lacks currently), and dominant driver, neither of you will acknowledge all of the arguments about why that is ‘bad for the sport’, that you espouse today.

What am I asking?: please do not hijack/ruin every F1 thread by turning it into a ‘Max Verstappen is the best F1 driver ever discussion, and why there is a conspiracy against him being able to demonstrate his greatness’. It is ruining the whole F1 discussion in this sub-forum, and is extremely selfish. Please think about creating a dedicated Max thread where you can both post everything about Max that you’d like, and let’s not have every other thread morph into one about MV.

You can both tell me to go and fuck off; frankly I wouldn’t blame you for doing so, but these discussions are so much more enjoyable and informative when each and every post doesn’t become simply about one person.

Bish
Well Bish that sounds pretty interesting .That's why I just changed my mind ...
*Lewis Hamilton* is the best driver ever in the F1 history !
The Mercedes tyre cooling innovation was really awesome . The FIA approved it and enjoyed it because Merc screwed the other teams during the whole season. The other teams and their drivers are retarded idiots anyway !

Is that allowed for you in this thread ?
Bish ..Do I have your permission ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      12-07-2019, 12:24 PM   #103
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

Bish
Please remember Bish that so long as the rules of the forum are followed and there are for instance,no personal nasty comments about mums and dads of drivers then everyone's opinion is allowed by the forum controllers. That is what this forum corner is for whatever driver or team you support and including enthusiastically.
Appreciate 1
      12-07-2019, 03:43 PM   #104
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

And the "2019 FIA Action of the Year award" , goes to...

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      12-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #105
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Well deserved MAX !
=> https://www.formula1.com/en/video/20..._the_Year.html

Appreciate 1
M5Rick58885.50
      12-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #106
SenorFunkyPants
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Bish
100% correct.
Its a shame there can't be threads for the grown ups and others for those two clowns.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2019, 11:14 AM   #107
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
100% correct.
Its a shame there can't be threads for the grown ups and others for those two clowns.
If you don't like it here then you are free to explore other sites, some which are freely featured for you to see.There is nothing wrong with supporting one driver rather than no one in particular or whoever happens to be leading championship.
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2019, 11:39 AM   #108
rcracin
Major
Rep
Drives: M3

I wouldnt mind if we collectively ignored the ignorant posts. They can talk to themselves.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #109
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
I wouldnt mind if we collectively ignored the ignorant posts. They can talk to themselves.
Yup or we can always agree to disagree win win
Appreciate 1
      12-08-2019, 03:11 PM   #110
ToddBlack88
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC 2010 F650GS

Quote:
I have been trying to find the ignore button for these two since I got here. Other forums have a way of blocking posts from individuals, but I can’t find it here.

I have no problem with them supporting Max, as he is indeed a good driver, but the blatant nut sack swinging they do for Max is incredible. Almost comically childish.
Appreciate 0