BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Anyone else at port?

08-03-2020, 01:38 PM   #67
trackday_chuck
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2296 View Post
I did as well! My sale associate just texted me the ships name is the Glovis "Grand Hero." I'm assuming we will be on the same ship if i had to guess based on both of us receiving the "in transit" status!

Confirmed, I'm on the same ship. Can't find its schedule online did your SA have any ETA?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2020, 04:00 PM   #68
Red2296
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by trackday_chuck View Post
Confirmed, I'm on the same ship. Can't find its schedule online did your SA have any ETA?
Awesome! The screenshot of his system showed the estimated date the ship would arrive in Baltimore is 8/14. I tracked the ship and it is currently a few hours out from Southampton UK.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 01:26 AM   #69
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2020 m2c

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobped View Post
A brutal 31 days at port for me. Monoceros Leader departed Bremerhaven yesterday with my M2C, on a scheduled 27 day trip to Port Hueneme.

Had we done our ED we might have made the same ship, guess that was just meant to be.

It's only the third US West Coast bound ship with new BMW's since the lockdown.

The first just left Port Hueneme for Yokohama and the second just left Santo Domingo heading to Panama.
Monoceros Leader arrived at Port Hueneme this morning, só my M2C is finally on American soil.

The build status went back to At Port, so now it's just customs and the VPC, and finally the dealership 100 miles away.

I decided to do PPF and ceramic coating, so still a couple weeks from driving into my own garage. But the end is in sight...
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2020, 01:59 PM   #70
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Checked out the status this morning and saw the update I'm also at the port!!! Can't wait

Does anyone have experience how long it took until they received the car from this point?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 01:35 AM   #71
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
Checked out the status this morning and saw the update I'm also at the port!!! Can't wait

Does anyone have experience how long it took until they received the car from this point?
My SA told me he had one other sale from the last ship and it was at his dealership in Santa Maria 5 days after hitting the port. That's about 100 miles from the port. He says he expects similar for mine, assuming no transport damage.

Meanwhile Monoceros Leader is actually heading into port in San Diego tomorrow, not far from where I live, so I thought it'd be fun to drive over and see the ship.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 10:49 PM   #72
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

My car was just loaded onto the Orion Highway and it's in Bruges, Belgium. How do we determine the vessel itinerary?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2020, 11:22 PM   #73
Red2296
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
My car was just loaded onto the Orion Highway and it's in Bruges, Belgium. How do we determine the vessel itinerary?
K line shipping's website will have a schedule of their Trans Atlantic Schedule under the RoRo schedules tab. Should breakout its itinerary and actual departure times at specific ports.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 12:22 AM   #74
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
Is this what you're looking for? http://www.klineglobalroro.com/sched...c_schedule.pdf
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2020, 01:08 PM   #75
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
Yep! That's exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #76
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Monoceros Leader departing from San Diego Thu afternoon. It made 3 stops in CA and is now heading to Yokohama.

Today is day 4 since it arrived in Port Hueneme, hoping to hear from my SA any day now
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Red229627.00
      08-11-2020, 11:47 AM   #77
junfeng1116
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

In transit

My car's status just changed to "In transit" today! Wonder if anyone will be on the same boar with me...
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #78
mikewills
Captain
Rep
Drives: Ducati Hypermotard

Garage List
2008 Duc 848  [0.00]
I’ve been at port since 9 Aug. Would be awesome to be on a ship.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 08:17 PM   #79
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Here is an updated timeline on the day after the 8-month anniversary of the start of my M2C journey -

Dec 10 '19 - first inquiries about getting an M2C allocation for Euro Delivery for pickup ~June 15, checked with 6 different SoCal dealers
Through mid-Jan - back and forth, blah, blah... Settled for now-standard Euro Delivery 5% discount, probably could have done a bit better...
Jan 21 - Received vehicle production number for Euro Delivery order
Jan 25 - June 15 Euro Delivery date confirmed
Feb 27 - Received EDPO to complete
Mar 12 - First communications related to potentially canceling Euro Delivery (still 3 months out - no way...!!???!!!)
Apr 6 - Presented with option to take delivery in the US, same price, so
for a number of reasons I accepted.
Apr 30 - first confirmation of assembly in June, week #24.
May 5 - brief reconsideration of EuroDelivery, in light of program cancellation. Decided against, due to Covid-19 concerns and other factors.
Production Started - 5/13
Exterior Body Assembly Begins - 6/4 (3 weeks later)
In Paint Booth - 6/4
Entering Assembly Line - 6/4
Assembly In Progress - 6/4
Quality Check - 6/4
Final Assembly - 6/4
Ready For Transport - 6/4
Awaiting Carrier Assignment - 6/4
Dispatched From Factory - 6/8
At The Port - 6/9
7/8 - Monoceros Leader departs Bremerhaven with the car!!! (29 day wait at port, ugh) - found out recently this was influenced somewhat by ED orders being lowest priority, but also due to unspecified Covid-19-related issues.
8/4 - Monoceros Leader arrives on schedule at Port Hueneme (27 day journey)
8/5 - received at VPC (no customs delay!)
8/11 - work order started (unsure what work was done, I didn't order any options, also not sure why the 6 day stay at the VPC, shipment damage??)
8/11 - work order completed
8/11 - released to the carrier (Deluxe Auto Carriers)

Additional info from the build book my SA shared with me -

Ship from VPC - estimated 8/13 (car has been released to carrier, so not sure why 2 more days to ship, hoping that's just an old estimate).
Dealer Delivery - 8/16 (the dealer is < 100 miles from VPC, not sure what to make of the 3-day shipment window)

In any case, I'm now days, not weeks away.

Based on guidance from another post, I also decided to pick up some TrakkTape and apply it liberally after I pick up the car, then drive it myself back to San Diego, where I'll get the PPF done. That spared me the ~$650 "open carrier" transport cost.
Appreciate 2
      08-12-2020, 02:26 PM   #80
KillerExcessive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 6MT F80 6MT F87 6MT G82CX

Quote:
Here is an updated timeline on the day after the 8-month anniversary of the start of my M2C journey -

Dec 10 '19 - first inquiries about getting an M2C allocation for Euro Delivery for pickup ~June 15, checked with 6 different SoCal dealers
Through mid-Jan - back and forth, blah, blah... Settled for now-standard Euro Delivery 5% discount, probably could have done a bit better...
Mar 12 - First communications related to potentially canceling Euro Delivery (still 3 months out - no way...!!???!!!)
May 5 - brief reconsideration of EuroDelivery, in light of program cancellation. Decided against, due to Covid-19 concerns and other factors.
In Paint Booth - 6/4
Quality Check - 6/4
Final Assembly - 6/4
At The Port - 6/9
7/8 - Monoceros Leader departs Bremerhaven with the car!!! (29 day wait at port, ugh) - found out recently this was influenced somewhat by ED orders being lowest priority, but also due to unspecified Covid-19-related issues.
8/11 - work order started (unsure what work was done, I didn't order any options, also not sure why the 6 day stay at the VPC, shipment damage??)

Ship from VPC - estimated 8/13 (car has been released to carrier, so not sure why 2 more days to ship, hoping that's just an old estimate).
Dealer Delivery - 8/16 (the dealer is < 100 miles from VPC, not sure what to make of the 3-day shipment window)

Based on guidance from another post, I also decided to pick up some TrakkTape and apply it liberally after I pick up the car, then drive it myself back to San Diego, where I'll get the PPF done. That spared me the ~$650 "open carrier" transport cost.
Hmmm, so 12 days between arriving at port and arriving at dealer. Is this about the normal expectation for these days? Seems a little long to me.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #81
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerExcessive View Post
Quote:

In Paint Booth - 6/4
Quality Check - 6/4
Final Assembly - 6/4
At The Port - 6/9

Hmmm, so 12 days between arriving at port and arriving at dealer. Is this about the normal expectation for these days? Seems a little long to me.
It depends how backed up VPC is with processing their vehicles and customs. If memory serves, this port recently had a few large vehicle carriers arrive in short duration. Also, BMW contracts out trucking companies and rail. Their schedules and capacity may also impact delivery.

Just a quick example, my car is arriving in Charleston. My CA said in the system it will take 3 days from the ship to arrive to my car arriving at VPC. That is crazy long in my opinion.
      08-12-2020, 04:41 PM   #82
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
For me it got to VPC the day after arriving at port, then sat at VPC for 6 days before the work order. So this is all on BMW. There was another ship carrying BMW's that hit the port 2 weeks prior.

But good news is it will be arriving at the dealer 8/13, earlier than last estimated, so 9 days total from port to a dealer 100 miles away.

I'm told Euro Delivery puts the car down the priority list, but haven't had that independently verified, either. That's the only explanation I have, the took care of all the normal dealer orders then got around to me on the 6th day after the cars hit VPC.

Considering at one point I didn't think they'd even build my car and then there were rumors M2C production would not extend as planned to '21, a couple extra days isn't the worst thing!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2020, 05:50 PM   #83
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
My little friend rolled into the dealer's lot about an hour ago.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
Red229627.00
      08-13-2020, 09:01 PM   #84
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Is this a MY21? Are you going to pick it up in a few?! Excited for you man!

If it is indeed MY21, can you verify if it has blind spot warning? There has been quite the debate in another thread 😆
      08-13-2020, 09:51 PM   #85
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Is this a MY21? Are you going to pick it up in a few?! Excited for you man!

If it is indeed MY21, can you verify if it has blind spot warning? There has been quite the debate in another thread 😆
Sorry, it's one of the last built for my20. Was supposed to be a Euro Delivery, but then came Covid-19
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2020, 10:30 AM   #86
boss2k
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

At the port today. How do I know which ship it gets loaded to and appx duration for arrival at dealership, do I need to follow up with the dealer or BMW genius? The web site will only show in transit, correct?
      08-15-2020, 04:10 PM   #87
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss2k View Post
At the port today. How do I know which ship it gets loaded to and appx duration for arrival at dealership, do I need to follow up with the dealer or BMW genius? The web site will only show in transit, correct?
Call BMW Customer Relations at 800-831-1117 with the last 7 of your VIN.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2020, 12:23 AM   #88
bobped
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Today was pickup day. The guys at BMW of Santa Maria (CA) rolled out the red carpet for us, even helped me install the Trakk Tape before we hit the road for several hours of fun driving from Santa Maria to the coast at Pismo Beach, up to San Luis Obispo, then back down to Buellton, where we're staying.

It's not the Alps, but still one of the most beautiful places on the planet. And very remote, compared to San Diego.

We logged ~200 miles on some pretty remote roads, and it was really hard to keep the speed under 110 (ok, I did hit 110 at one point, in 6th at ~4K rpms!). I'm sore from smiling so much!!

Tomorrow we add some more Trakk Tape for the trip through LA and do our best to take the long way home and obey all the break-in rules. If I could have just convinced some of the young'uns at the hotel to wear their friggin face masks inside the hotel, it would have been a perfect day. But I digress...

For those of you waiting for your M2C all I can say is you're going to absolutely love it!!!!
Appreciate 2
ADDONE230.00
Red229627.00