BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2 Comp Allocations

06-23-2020, 07:04 PM   #45
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADDONE View Post
My CA just texted me stating that "Somehow or another I got another allotment for m2 if you know anybody else."

Feel free to message me if you're interested. It still can be custom configured.
Mine just reached out to me from a place in Austin. Problem is that they can only do $1500 off MSRP. I just can't find it in my heart to cut a check for a number above $60k. Did you get something better, or just biting the bullet?
I would definitely look around, even with limited supply, discounts between 5%-10% are possible
      06-23-2020, 07:26 PM   #46
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M40i 2019 X5 2021 M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
My CA just texted me stating that "Somehow or another I got another allotment for m2 if you know anybody else."

Feel free to message me if you're interested. It still can be custom configured.
Mine just reached out to me from a place in Austin. Problem is that they can only do $1500 off MSRP. I just can't find it in my heart to cut a check for a number above $60k. Did you get something better, or just biting the bullet?
I would definitely look around, even with limited supply, discounts between 5%-10% are possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I shopped several dealers in different areas of the country. I had that flexibility since I am doing PCD. My CA was the most responsive and provided me with the best pricing. I highly recommend her. The M2 will be my 7th BMW.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 01:56 AM   #47
mrcheezle19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 21 M2C 6MT

Got my production number today! Hopefully everything moves along smooth and the car arrives within 3-4 months.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 07:57 AM   #48
trackday_chuck
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3

Anyone who hit status 150 getting any other updates? When I call and check online it still says "Production has started" and its estimated completion is tomorrow 6/30. I assume the system just isn't updating, but I'm curious if others are seeing the same on their end.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 08:48 AM   #49
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackday_chuck View Post
Anyone who hit status 150 getting any other updates? When I call and check online it still says "Production has started" and its estimated completion is tomorrow 6/30. I assume the system just isn't updating, but I'm curious if others are seeing the same on their end.
I got status 150 last week. However, the original estimated production week is July 6th. From what I understand, you get status 150 2 weeks before it is actually completed. Just signifies you're in the queue.
      06-29-2020, 08:54 AM   #50
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you checked online recently? Mine moved from production begins all the way to quality check this morning.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2020, 01:27 PM   #51
mrcheezle19
Lieutenant
Rep

Mine just stated it has moved to Production Begins!! So it sounds like it should be 2 weeks from completion.
Appreciate 1
ADDONE230.00
      06-29-2020, 02:33 PM   #52
trackday_chuck
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Have you checked online recently? Mine moved from scheduled for production all the way to quality check this morning.
Yeah checked today, still sitting on "production begins"
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 06:14 AM   #53
trackday_chuck
Private
United_States
Rep

Wooo, yesterday mine jumped to "Entering the assembly line" and this morning is at "Quality Check". So I guess its almost done. Estimated completion was 6/30 so there system may be updating a day or so behind. But I never had any of the paint booth, exterior body assembly, etc. steps show up online or calling BMW. Is that level of granularity not a thing anymore?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 05:19 PM   #54
UntzUntzUntz
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M2 Comp

Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of ordering my M2C and prior to ordering I thought I'd ask a question or two from fellow members that are more experienced, and this thread looks to be it.

1) can prices be negotiated prior to order being placed? If so, can the negotiated price be locked-in to prevent it from protential price fluctuation when it arrives?

2) has anyone done the M Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina? is it worth doing that as an experience upon delivery?

3) bmwusa.com doesn't have the whole M Performance line listed out (example M Performance Steering wheel), is this something BMW will add at the factory or the port? Just out of curiosity, what happens to the original parts after purchasing M Performance Parts? do they just keep it for themselves?

And just a side note, they're ETA is minimum 4 months.. wonderful lol

Thank you!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 05:37 PM   #55
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Welcome and please see my responses in Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UntzUntzUntz View Post
Hey guys,

I'm in the middle of ordering my M2C and prior to ordering I thought I'd ask a question or two from fellow members that are more experienced, and this thread looks to be it.

1) can prices be negotiated prior to order being placed? If so, can the negotiated price be locked-in to prevent it from protential price fluctuation when it arrives?

Absolutely, you should know exactly what you will be paying for the car, if you do plan to order it. Think of it as you're buying a car off the lot, except you can't take delivery until 4 months later.

Once you place an order, that car will be effectively allocated only to you. The dealer will request you pay a deposit. However, if you chose to rescind, you're entitled to have the money back. Some dealer may only give you back a portion of your deposit, for example, if it is a specialty build with individual options, but this would not be the case on a M2C. The price you agreed on at the time of order is the price you pay. There will not be any price fluctuation because you will have the OTD price in writing. The only fluctuation is if you decide to add tire protection package, additional insurance and assorted add-ons the dealers usually try to sell.

2) has anyone done the M Performance Center Delivery in South Carolina? is it worth doing that as an experience upon delivery?

I did it last year when I picked up my X5. It was a phenomenal experience and I would highly recommend it. I would not special order a BMW without this option. There are many threads on PCD, if you want a taste of what you will be getting yourself into

Your CA will need to complete PCD paperwork and submit to the performance center to sign up. There are no additional cost incurred for this. However, PCD cannot he scheduled until after your car has arrived at port and has completed customs and VPC

3) bmwusa.com doesn't have the whole M Performance line listed out (example M Performance Steering wheel), is this something BMW will add at the factory or the port? Just out of curiosity, what happens to the original parts after purchasing M Performance Parts? do they just keep it for themselves?

You can go to ShopBMWUSA to get a list of accessories to add to your car: https://www.shopbmwusa.com/BMW-PERFO...IaAnyUEALw_wcB

The accessories will be added at port and will show up on your window sticker at the time of delivery. If you order the accessories as part of your build, the original parts will be disposed of during the install at port. You will not be given them even though you have effectively paid for both standard and accessory parts

And just a side note, they're ETA is minimum 4 months.. wonderful lol

Thank you!!!!
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2020, 08:41 AM   #56
mrcheezle19
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I’d check again. Mine still show productions begins but now estimates 7/10 as a completion date when I call BMW Genius. Looks like we might be pretty close to the same scheduling.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 09:07 AM   #57
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
Quote:
I’d check again. Mine still show productions begins but now estimates 7/10 as a completion date when I call BMW Genius. Looks like we might be pretty close to the same scheduling.
Your post prompted me to call BMW genius as well. It is still showing "production begins", but the automated genius said it is scheduled for competition 7/7.
      07-02-2020, 02:56 PM   #58
trackday_chuck
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Update!!! Woooooo! So the last couple days its been jumping through statuses like crazy. But surprisingly online is updating before the phone service.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 03:26 PM   #59
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

My CA has 3 more allocations for 2021 M2 Competition. If you're thinking about pulling the trigger, feel free to send me a message.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2020, 03:27 PM   #60
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Update!!! Woooooo! So the last couple days its been jumping through statuses like crazy. But surprisingly online is updating before the phone service.
Congrats! Looking at Wallenius shipping and depending if your tracker is delayed. There is a transport that is departing either today or the next earliest departure is 7/17.
      07-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #61
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
My CA has 3 more allocations for 2021 M2 Competition. If you're thinking about pulling the trigger, feel free to send me a message.
Your CA has been absolutely awesome. Thanks for the referral. I have a build number already, and at a lower price than most used examples! I owe you big. I keep going back and forth on the wheel color, though. Black or Silver wheels with the Long Beach Blue?!
Appreciate 1
ADDONE230.00
      07-02-2020, 03:59 PM   #62
mrcheezle19
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
How did you get such a detailed graph with that many dots? Mine only has 5.

Edit: mobile vs desktop fixed it for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 10:07 AM   #63
trackday_chuck
Private
United_States
Rep

Mine updated to "at the port" on the 3rd. Still sitting at the port as of this morning. But looks like there is a car hauler leaving tomorrow and landing in Baltimore on the 29th? The WW ARC Independence, I'm sort of lost with the ship tracking though to be honest. I'm an east cost delivery, picking up in PA.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 01:28 PM   #64
ADDONE
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Mine updated to "at the port" on the 3rd. Still sitting at the port as of this morning. But looks like there is a car hauler leaving tomorrow and landing in Baltimore on the 29th? The WW ARC Independence, I'm sort of lost with the ship tracking though to be honest. I'm an east cost delivery, picking up in PA.
Mine is on the way to the port, but it may not arrive in time to get on that vessel. Mine will be going to Charleston before PCD.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #65
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
Mine is on the way to the port, but it may not arrive in time to get on that vessel. Mine will be going to Charleston before PCD.
I used to live in Charleston, SC and I frequented a grocery story that was right on the other side of the fence from the massive lot of BMW M SUV's, all fresh from production in Spartanburg and destined for Europe. I also witnessed off-loading of cars from overseas many times--a pretty cool thing to see for someone who appreciates those vehicles. If you're planning on doing the PCD, I'd highly recommend spending some time in Charleston and going the coastal route down to Florida. Charleston is the coolest city I've ever been able to live in.
Appreciate 1
ADDONE230.00
      07-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #66
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Today, my MY21 build went from "exterior body assembly begins" to "awaiting carrier assignment" all in half a day. This was right on schedule as I knew from BMW my car would finish production today.

Assuming my car will be on a Wallenius Wilhelmsen boat, the next departure is 7/17 (next Friday). Hopefully, my car can get on this ride as the next departure is Aug. 3.