BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > THOR tweaked GTS transmission coding for N55 M2 review thread

05-09-2020, 03:57 AM   #1
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

THOR GTS TCU is a first of its kind and is groundbreaking for the M2 OG. And it deserves a separate review thread...Here it is.

Hi Guys,

Last time I did anything to my M2 OG was the custom tuning for GP500 turbo on pump gas in 2018. Since then, I commute and rotate from 540Li, M2 and the M4C from my younger bro. I thought next time I upgrade anything, it would be a new ride (another topic...). However, a few days ago, I flashed the THOR GTS TCU that's tailor made for the N55 M2, and also the full F87 Competition chassis coding (EPS/GHAS/DSC). I'll try keep the below review ACCURATE if not short.

THOR GTS TCU for the N55 M2

I'm saying this based on my familiarity with the M4C on GTS TCU that I had more than 10k miles on - I'm positive the THOR GTS TCU is NOT the OEM GTS adapted to OG M2, instead it looks much more like an update based on M2 N55 OEM TCU. Becuase the shifting strategy remains exactly unchanged from the N55 OEM, while OEM GTS should be vastly different in this regard and is clearly better in my opinion.

That being said THOR GTS is definitely a noticeable improvement over M2 OG TCU in many ways which I'll break down as below:

1. Shifting Strategy: no change.

2. Shifting time: slightly improved (it is perceivable) in all modes, though M4C GTS TCU still feel a bit quicker to me.

3. Shifting delay: noticably improved, especially in comfort and Sport. This is the best part of the flash in my opinion.
All OEM TCUs have built-in shifting delay in each driving mode, it's quite annoying with the OG M2 which has a lot of it stock especially when TCU adapts and goes into the "cruise" drive style.
With THOR the delay is significantly reduced, meaning a more responsive TCU that uses less time to decide a up or down shift. And it's very noticeable especially on street and highway driving.

4. Clamp Pressure: not that human can sense.

5. Shifting Jerkiness:
A lot of jerkiness with stock goes to "reluctance to upshift at low speed" and "violent downshift".
With less delay in shifting and quicker shifting time, the jerkiness get minimized.
The comfort mode just goes to lower RPM more quickly, but when you're on it, downshift is less hesitant and smoother. So that the car feels smoother and more powerful at the same time.
In sport mode, RPM tend to less hang up high for too long on pedal lift, while downshift seems to be unchanged (it's fine already stock to begin with), it now just becomes smoother.
S+ mode feels no different other than being less violent. Probably due to quicker shift time. And I believe the acceleration improves with smoother shifting.

I'll rate the THOR GTS 8 out of 10.

Huge thanks to THOR for bring this to the N55 M2!

M2 Competiton OEM chassis Coding

EPS - it's significantly lighter than M2 OG, but weight builds up very quickly as speed goes up. It takes some geting used to depending on where you come from. But I have quite a broad bandwidth, dealing with light steering car like 540 and my wife's Lexus IS300. I quickly start to like the new EPS, because it just feel more effortless and makes the car more nimble at low speed which I've always exactly wanted.
Also, with less weight, I clearly see how the steering weight masks the lack of road feedback with modern M cars.

GHAS - No one can tell precisely by how much the new differential control improves the traction. Let's believe it does...or not. Actually, I'm getting more flashing DSC lights out of more downshifts from the new TCU.

DSC/MDM - Coming from Euro MDM stock, I feel the new DSC is significantly less intrusive, to the point I thought DSC was fully off in my first few try. More fun, yes, but we have the DSC off for more "more fun" don't we?
I use S+ only for time attack. I'm not sure if lap time improves with the new DSC. I guess I'll find it out some day at the BMW driving experience center when it's open.

In the end, I'm keeping all the codings I did with THOR and yes I'd do them all again. Especially I like the TCU and EPS, though I'm hoping for further improvement on the TCU.

Let's hear your comments or reviews!

Thanks!

Sean
PLF693766.00
JKen_0115175.50
Bee Pee1768.00
ZM22810.50
Smiler1.50
Endeav388.50
specka71.00
      05-09-2020, 11:53 AM   #2
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Thanks SeanWRT

I'll add this to my list of to-do's (along with the Dorch HPFP, Pure Turbo Inlet, Turbosmart BOV, NGK spark plugs, aFe dry filter, and 300v oil that have all been sitting on the shelf during lockdown!).

At least I can just sit in the car to do this upgrade.
Appreciate 2
SeanWRT3179.00
methM20.00
      05-10-2020, 03:11 AM   #3
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
THOR GTS TCU is a first of its kind and is groundbreaking for the M2 OG. And it deserves a separate review thread...Here it is.

Hi Guys,

Last time I did anything to my M2 OG was the custom tuning for GP500 turbo on pump gas in 2018. Since then, I commute and rotate from 540Li, M2 and the M4C from my younger bro. I thought next time I upgrade anything, it would be a new ride (another topic...). However, a few days ago, I flashed the THOR GTS TCU that's tailor made for the N55 M2, and also the full F87 Competition chassis coding (EPS/GHAS/DSC). I'll try keep the below review ACCURATE if not short.

THOR GTS TCU for the N55 M2

I'm saying this based on my familiarity with the M4C on GTS TCU that I had more than 10k miles on - I'm positive the THOR GTS TCU is NOT the OEM GTS adapted to OG M2, instead it looks much more like an update based on M2 N55 OEM TCU. Becuase the shifting strategy remains exactly unchanged from the N55 OEM, while OEM GTS should be vastly different in this regard and is clearly better in my opinion.

That being said THOR GTS is definitely a noticeable improvement over M2 OG TCU in many ways which I'll break down as below:

1. Shifting Strategy: no change.

2. Shifting time: slightly improved (it is perceivable) in all modes, but the shifting does not feel as quick as M4C GTS TCU.

3. Shifting delay: noticably improved, especially in comfort and Sport. This is the best part of the flash in my opinion.
All OEM TCUs have built-in shifting delay in each driving mode, it's quite annoying with the OG M2 which a lot of it stock especially when TCU adapts and goes into the "cruise" drive style.
With THOR the delay is significantly reduced, meaning a more responsive TCU that uses less time to decide a up or down shift. And it's very noticeable especially on street and highway driving.

4. Clamp Pressure: not that human can sense.

5. Shifting Jerkiness:
A lot of jerkiness with stock goes to "reluctance to upshift at low speed" and "violent downshift".
With less delay in shifting and quicker shifting time, the jerkiness get minimized.
The comfort mode just goes to lower RPM more quickly, but when you're on it, downshift is less hesitant and smoother. So that the car feels smoother and more powerful at the same time.
In sport mode, RPM tend to less hang up high for too long on pedal lift, while downshift seems to be unchanged (it's fine already stock to begin with), it now just becomes smoother.
S+ mode feels no different other than being less violent. Probably due to quicker shift time. And I believe the acceleration improves with smoother shifting.

I'll rate the THOR GTS 8 out of 10.

Huge thanks to THOR for bring this to the N55 M2!

M2 Competiton OEM chassis Coding

EPS - it's significantly lighter than M2 OG, but weight builds up very quickly as speed goes up. It takes some geting used to depending on where you come from. But I have quite a broad bandwith, dealing with light steering car like 540 and my wife's Lexus IS300. I quickly start to like the new EPS, because it just feel more effortless and makes the car more nimble at low speed which I've always exactly wanted.
Also, with less weight, I clearly see how the steering weight masks the lack of road feedback with modern M cars.

GHAS - No one can tell precisely by how much the new differential control improves the traction. Let's believe it does...or not. Actually, I even feel get more flashing DSC lights due to the more responsive downshift from new TCU.

DSC/MDM - Coming from Euro MDM stock, I feels a significantly less intusive DSC, to the point I thought DSC was fully off in my first few trys. More fun, yes, but we have the DSC off for more "more fun" don't we?
I use S+ only for time attack. I'm not sure if lap time improves with the new DSC. I guess I'll find it out some day at the BMW driving experience center when it's open.

In the end, I'm keeping all the codings I did with THOR and yes I'd do them all again. Especially I like the TCU and EPS, though I'm hoping for further improvement on the TCU.

Let's hear your comments or reviews!

Thanks!

Sean
Sean

Great review.

For clarity your comments about DCT/EPS/DSC/GHAS is with everything in Thor Clubsport (aka GTS) mode - correct ?

Cheers

BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00
      05-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Thanks SeanWRT

I'll add this to my list of to-do's (along with the Dorch HPFP, Pure Turbo Inlet, Turbosmart BOV, NGK spark plugs, aFe dry filter, and 300v oil that have all been sitting on the shelf during lockdown!).

At least I can just sit in the car to do this upgrade.
Yes, THOR IOS flash is literally idoit proof. The Lightning-to-RJ45 cable works well. Made me wonder how BM3 don't or was not able to ditch agent device been all these years, now that even MHD catches up and can be flashed on phone without extra device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Sean

Great review.

For clarity your comments about DCT/EPS/DSC/GHAS is with everything in Thor Clubsport (aka GTS) mode - correct ?

Cheers

BP
TCU = Clubsport (aka GTS for n55 M2).

EPS/GHAS/DSC = M2 Competition OEM which we believe should be the E-SYS F87CS file.
JKen_0115175.50
      05-11-2020, 10:24 AM   #5
DarthFader
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, F23 M240i

Thanks for the write up Sean.

I hate the stock sport mode steering. Does the GTS steering get rid of the fake heaviness when in sport mode? Also does it change comfort mode in any way?

Did you by any chance also try the Road and Track (CS) steering to compare with GTS steering?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 09:02 PM   #6
Endeav
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BRG G80 M3

THOR GTS Transmission Flash and Dynamic Package Review

All comparisons I make in this post are comparisons to the Bootmod3 / MHD GTS Transmission flash which "works" in manual mode, but places the car in comfort in "automatic" mode.

Thor GTS Transmission Flash:

Shifting Strategy: Feels OEM (in a good way). Unlike the Bootmod3 GTS transmission flash, the THOR GTS transmission flash obeys all drive modes and will hold on to gears for longer periods of time as you go from Comfort to Sport+. I don't notice much change here compared to OEM, however this is a HUGE improvement over the Bootmod3 GTS transmission flash as that shifting strategy is comfort mode only!

Shifting Speed: Definitely improved. One thing I did notice while manual shifting the vehicle is that even in the most aggressive drive mode (Sport+ / DSC OFF), the car has some "adaptive" component to it and doesn't just shift super hard at low throttle inputs. I can't think of a better word aside from "adaptive" - maybe someone can chime in with a better way of explaining this. It seems as though as you get more aggressive with the throttle, the more aggressive the shift becomes and the quicker it is. This not only allows for smooth shifts at low throttle inputs, but it also allows for very quick and precise shifts when you're full WOT - this is a huge plus in my book because it keeps the car from being "upset" on the track in lower speed sections.

Shifting Delay: Greatly improved. This is where I noticed the most difference. Prior to flashing the vehicle my one gripe with the transmission was that it did not want to down shift as quickly as I'd like and thus I'd end up manual shifting 99% of the time. Now after flashing the THOR GTS flash I've definitely noticed the car is much more responsive and has a willingness to down shift when slowing down into a corner / parking lot on the street.

Clamping Pressure: Impossible to tell - I can only take the developers word for it that it is increased. I haven't had any signs of slip yet with my PureTurbos Stage 2 M2!

Shifting Jerkiness: Non-existent anymore. I can drive the car in Comfort, Sport, or Sport+ through a parking lot if I'd want to and not have to worry about the car not wanting to downshift / upshift. It seems very "adaptive" to the situation and works with the driver as opposed to following a set of conditions like a program and working against the driver.]

THOR M2 Competition Dynamic Package:

EPS - Nothing short of amazing. The steering feel is quite improved - like SeanWRT said the car feels nimble at low speed, but as you increase in speed the steering weight builds up almost linearly. It's predictable in a good way - the car feels incredibly agile and is effortless to drive at all speeds.

GHAS - Not sure if this is placebo or not, but I definitely feel that in the modes where components of "traction control" are enabled, the car is less likely to kick out on you, and more likely to keep you in a straight line and put the power to the ground. Difficult to truly gauge.

DSC/MDM - Greatly improved. Intrusiveness in MDM mode is greatly reduced and allows for a lot more play while still feeling "safe" in a manner. I used to drive with DSC OFF all the time to avoid any sort of intrusiveness, now I think I'm going to be switching to MDM mode!

Overall this package is amazing. I highly recommend those with DCT M2's get the GTS transmission flash at minimum, but I truly believe that both packages in conjunction really make the car shine.

Shout out to SeanWRT for the template! Figured I'd keep the same format so it was easy for people to follow. A lot of what I said mimics what Sean says, this is an amazing product.
Appreciate 3
JKen_0115175.50
SeanWRT3179.00
      05-12-2020, 03:57 AM   #7
THOR_Flasher
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X

Dear Sean,

thank you for your trust in THOR, this THREAD and your detailed review.

However, I would like to correct one thing. This is not a further development of the N55 Maps. It is an adaptation of the GTS map.

I'm very honored for this assumption. Unfortunately, we wouldn't have been able to do it so well yet. That a GTS Flash on a M2 and M4 still feels different is also due to the different engine/gearbox combination.

I will even compare both vehicles more intensively over the next few weeks. :-)

Thanks for the 8/10, maybe we can improve something for the full score. We will try to do our best.

About the Dynamic Package, my personal favourite combination is:

Steering: GTS
DSC/MDM: Competition
Differential: Competition

You are definitely faster with the Competition Flash, but also not as fast as with DSCoff on the track.

In my opinion, DSC regulates with the series setting harshly and also too early.

Subjectively, the M2 feels somewhat more agile after the Flash. I'm looking forward to your evaluation after a track day.

Thank you again for your detailed report, I'm pleased that you don't regret your purchase and we are always happy for suggestions and of course also for your feedback.

Thx
Appreciate 2
JKen_0115175.50
SeanWRT3179.00
      05-12-2020, 09:01 PM   #8
JKen_0115
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017_M2

I'm so pleased to see all your detail reviews. Awesome! I'm sold and will buy both packages in June. Thanks a lot. I'm definitely tired BM3 on GTS transmission map and limited me for the manual model. It's time to have the new setup with my custom tune.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 09:30 AM   #9
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthFader View Post

I hate the stock sport mode steering. Does the GTS steering get rid of the fake heaviness when in sport mode? Also does it change comfort mode in any way?

Did you by any chance also try the Road and Track (CS) steering to compare with GTS steering?
I believe what I flashed and am using now, is the competition steering, or the E-SYS F087CS file as many believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKen_0115 View Post
I'm so pleased to see all your detail reviews. Awesome! I'm sold and will buy both packages in June. Thanks a lot. I'm definitely tired BM3 on GTS transmission map and limited me for the manual model. It's time to have the new setup with my custom tune.
Thor GTS transmission is going to be a solid improvement either you are bone stock or are making 500+whp with bigger turbo.
      05-13-2020, 10:47 AM   #10
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
THOR Dynamic Package Review

EPS - Nothing short of amazing. The steering feel is quite improved - like SeanWRT said the car feels nimble at low speed, but as you increase in speed the steering weight builds up almost linearly. It's predictable in a good way - the car feels incredibly agile and is effortless to drive at all speeds.

GHAS - Not sure if this is placebo or not, but I definitely feel that in the modes where components of "traction control" are enabled, the car is less likely to kick out on you, and more likely to keep you in a straight line and put the power to the ground. Difficult to truly gauge.

DSC/MDM - Greatly improved. Intrusiveness in MDM mode is greatly reduced and allows for a lot more play while still feeling "safe" in a manner. I used to drive with DSC OFF all the time to avoid any sort of intrusiveness, now I think I'm going to be switching to MDM mode!
Which Thor dynamic mode(s) are you using above for EPS/MDM/GHAS

Thor (aka BMW) speak:-

Series (aka OEM)

Road & Track (F87 Competition)

Clubsport (F87 "GTS")

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:14 AM   #11
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Endeav thanks for the write up. Our findings are pretty aligned.

You mentioned shifting gets more aggressive with throttle (which is not in my case...). That has a lot to do with the tune and boost. Because the shifting involves the adjustment of HFM/Boost/RPM...
      05-13-2020, 11:20 AM   #12
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Endeav thanks for the write up. Our findings are pretty aligned.

You mentioned shifting gets more aggressive with throttle (which is not in my case...). That has a lot to do with the tune and boost. Because the shifting involves the adjustment of HFM/Boost/RPM...
Even w/o DCT tune, my car's DCT self shifting behaviour in DSC off and Sport+ varies/adapts depending on how I'm driving the car

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:24 AM   #13
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Even w/o DCT tune, my car's DCT self shifting behaviour in DSC off and Sport+ varies/adapts depending on how I'm driving the car
Exactly my point...You getting harder on throttle, higher RPM it gets. There is more boost to handle in shifting, and thus more impact force to the drivetrain.

That was perceived as shifting harshness depending on how the car is driven...

Edit:

Back in piggyback days, especially with JB4, the shifting was very effected, actual boost is more than TCU is seeing in shifting. If you're on big boost with bigger turbo on a BEF...the delta could be more than 10psi + the HFM to be adjusted for RPM... Imagine that.

Last edited by SeanWRT; 05-14-2020 at 12:49 AM..
Appreciate 1
Bee Pee1768.00
      05-14-2020, 05:58 PM   #14
DarthFader
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2, 135i, F23 M240i

Just flashed the EPS to Competition and thought I'd chime in.

In sport mode the steering is very light at slow speeds then builds up weight gradually according to speed but doesn't feel overly stiff or fake. There is a better sense of what the tires are doing at speed. Mid corner feel is way better than stock.

In comfort mode the steering is also very light at slow speeds. But unlike stock, comfort also builds up weight according to speed - very similar to sport but with a little less weight.

Basically when switching from comfort to sport it is no longer a Jekyll and Hyde show. It feels like a logical progression for more aggressive driving.

Overall very happy.

Flashing took <5 minutes. Used Android phone and MHD black adapter.
Appreciate 2
PLF693766.00
      05-16-2020, 12:49 PM   #15
JKen_0115
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017_M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeav View Post
THOR GTS Transmission Flash and Dynamic Package Review

All comparisons I make in this post are comparisons to the Bootmod3 / MHD GTS Transmission flash which "works" in manual mode, but places the car in comfort in "automatic" mode.

Thor GTS Transmission Flash:

Shifting Strategy: Feels OEM (in a good way). Unlike the Bootmod3 GTS transmission flash, the THOR GTS transmission flash obeys all drive modes and will hold on to gears for longer periods of time as you go from Comfort to Sport+. I don't notice much change here compared to OEM, however this is a HUGE improvement over the Bootmod3 GTS transmission flash as that shifting strategy is comfort mode only!

Shifting Speed: Definitely improved. One thing I did notice while manual shifting the vehicle is that even in the most aggressive drive mode (Sport+ / DSC OFF), the car has some "adaptive" component to it and doesn't just shift super hard at low throttle inputs. I can't think of a better word aside from "adaptive" - maybe someone can chime in with a better way of explaining this. It seems as though as you get more aggressive with the throttle, the more aggressive the shift becomes and the quicker it is. This not only allows for smooth shifts at low throttle inputs, but it also allows for very quick and precise shifts when you're full WOT - this is a huge plus in my book because it keeps the car from being "upset" on the track in lower speed sections.

Shifting Delay: Greatly improved. This is where I noticed the most difference. Prior to flashing the vehicle my one gripe with the transmission was that it did not want to down shift as quickly as I'd like and thus I'd end up manual shifting 99% of the time. Now after flashing the THOR GTS flash I've definitely noticed the car is much more responsive and has a willingness to down shift when slowing down into a corner / parking lot on the street.

Clamping Pressure: Impossible to tell - I can only take the developers word for it that it is increased. I haven't had any signs of slip yet with my PureTurbos Stage 2 M2!

Shifting Jerkiness: Non-existent anymore. I can drive the car in Comfort, Sport, or Sport+ through a parking lot if I'd want to and not have to worry about the car not wanting to downshift / upshift. It seems very "adaptive" to the situation and works with the driver as opposed to following a set of conditions like a program and working against the driver.]

Overall this package is amazing. I highly recommend those with DCT M2's get the GTS transmission flash at minimum, but I truly believe that both packages in conjunction really make the car shine.

Shout out to SeanWRT for the template! Figured I'd keep the same format so it was easy for people to follow. A lot of what I said mimics what Sean says, this is an amazing product.
I'm wondering if there is any benefit of using Thor over BM3 GTS map while driving in manual mode?
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2020, 04:58 PM   #16
THOR_Flasher
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 | M3 | M4 F8X

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKen_0115 View Post
I'm wondering if there is any benefit of using Thor over BM3 GTS map while driving in manual mode?
Yes, of course. The gear stage changes of course also in manual mode.

Furthermore, the Burlbes don't get lost with our GTS flash.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 03:05 AM   #17
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthFader View Post

Today I flashed the GTS EPS (THOR Club Sport, AKA E-SYS F082 M4 GTS file). The entire flashing takes 68 seconds from pressing the flash to a complete finish (inc. error code erasing). Pretty quick. BTW, I use IOS device connected with RJ45 to lightning cable. Worked great.

I'm assuming THOR uses the latest E-SYS version, because I do not sense the "back to center" spot some reported on earlier version on F80 board, or maybe I didn't pay much enough attention.

It's significantly heavier than F087CS (competition OEM), and is closer to M2 OG OEM. I must say the GTS steering is more solid, though it seems to be fighting with you a little bit too much when turning even in comfort mode...I don't think GTS has more road feedback "fidelity", but it is more error-tolerant. Feels like playing FPS game with lowered DPI mouse, you shoot significantly better once getting used to the low DPI. But it comes a bit at cost of the daily to daily ease...

I will give it a few more days to confirm the findings above and to see if I can live with it.

Edit --------------- correct typo.

Last edited by SeanWRT; 05-18-2020 at 06:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
      05-18-2020, 03:56 AM   #18
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Today I flashed the GTS EPS (THOR Club Sport, AKA E-SYS F082 M4 GTS file). The entire flashing takes 68 seconds from pressing the flash to a complete finish (inc. error code erasing). Pretty quick. BTW, I use IOS device connected with RJ45 to lightning cable. Worked great.

I'm assuming THOR uses the latest E-SYS version, because I do not sense the "back to ceter" spot some reported on earlier version on F80 board, or maybe I didn't pay too much attention.

It's significantly heavier than F087CS (competition OEM), and is closer to M2 OG OEM. I must say the GTS steering is more solid, though it seems to be fighting with you a little bit too much when turning even in comfort mode...I don't think GTS has more road feedback "fidelity", but it is more error-tolerant. Feels like playing FPS game with lowered PDI mouse, shotting skill improves significantly once you get used to the low PDI. But it comes a bit at cost of a daily to daily ease...

I will give it a few more days to confirm the findings above and to see if I can live with it.
Sean - your findings above mirror how I felt about Thor GTS EPS.

My OGM2 had istep reflashed and now oem EPS feels really good, meatier plus I'm running more camber upfront. The istep gives GTS-esque EPS with DSC off.

Works well for me hence why I chose just DSC (R&T) and Mdiff (GTS) via Thor M flash.

Cheers, BP

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 1
SeanWRT3179.00
      05-18-2020, 08:23 PM   #19
MidnightM2
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

I have flashed the following:
M2 Comp Dynamics (GHAS, EPS, DSC)
GTS DKG

Car is M2 N55 LCI

I have nothing but good things to say about it - especially the transmission flash. Even in comfort mode, the car is far more responsive and less lag. In sport & sport + the gear shifts are rapid - noticeable improvement over stock.

One strange occurance is launch control - I have noticed the default RPM setting is 5K which is very high. I am uncomfortable launching the car at these RPMs. Is anyone finding similar?
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50
      05-18-2020, 09:04 PM   #20
nothingman
Private NumNuts
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 GT4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightM2 View Post
One strange occurance is launch control - I have noticed the default RPM setting is 5K which is very high. I am uncomfortable launching the car at these RPMs. Is anyone finding similar?
Haven’t tried that but you should be able to lower the launch rpm in 500rpm increments down to 3,000 using the cruise controls buttons
      05-18-2020, 10:07 PM   #21
ZM2
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightM2 View Post
I have flashed the following:
M2 Comp Dynamics (GHAS, EPS, DSC)
GTS DKG

Car is M2 N55 LCI

I have nothing but good things to say about it - especially the transmission flash. Even in comfort mode, the car is far more responsive and less lag. In sport & sport + the gear shifts are rapid - noticeable improvement over stock.

Funny, I saw that in their YouTube video and thought it was just for fun.

I’ve already had to lower my launch RPMs below the stock setting to try to get the rears to hook.

Sounds like I’ll be lowering them a lot after the flash!

Last edited by ZM2; 05-19-2020 at 08:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2020, 04:18 AM   #22
MidnightM2
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Funny, I saw that in their YouTube video and thought it was just for fun.

I’ve already had to lower my launch RPMs below the stock setting to try to ge try to get the rears to hook.

Sounds like I’ll be lowering them a lot after the flash!

You'll be sitting there for 5 minutes! A little bit annoying but on the whole the software is a definite upgrade
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50