BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > MCS Two Way Remote Dampers Installed on M2

09-09-2019, 03:12 PM   #23
E36toF87
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 MG MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDigo_M2 View Post
So! I have an M2 that I purchased back in 2018 and I just had my first HPDE at Road Atlanta. Since I grew up around motorsports and go carts, I knew something about the basics of driving fast. All in all, I was blown away by the stock M2 performance at the track. I did go with Castrol SRT brake fluid, as well as Ferodo's DS1.11 for pads. The end result was 0 fade no matter what I did, including arriving at turn 10a over 140 mph.

For my next event, I will have all the rest of the safety gear, as well as recording gear to start acquiring some metrics to work with.

All that being said, I do have some questions! First, do you use a 4 point harness? I just called Schroth and they said that nobody has a certified 4 point harness for the F87 just yet... They should have one in the next 6 months.

Additionally, I would really like to know: how has the F87 held up in the last couple of years!? How many track days are you logging per year? Any major issues? Have you upgraded the brakes at all? My preferred set up for suspension at this time is exactly what you installed. Did you do the install? How much was the final bill? I would really appreciate any and all feedback!!

I will probably start a thread myself as I work on this dual purpose project car.
I use a Schroth quick fit pro. Don't recall which model (F80?), but as you said not certified for F87. Doesn't bother me.
I've been trying to do 3-4 HPDE a year. Missed recent RA due to a broken foot
Only brake mods are fluid and PFC08 pads. I'm typically into 10A at 130-135 and don't have fade.
I love the MCS, but they needed a rebuild after <25k mi of DD and track use.
Changed spring rates and added helper springs this time around.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 06:47 PM   #24
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
How's the noise level with the MCS? I had JRZ RS Pros on my M4, and they were quite noisy. Now I am DD my M2 I would like less noise. I hear very good things about MCS.
I daily with MCS 1 way dampers and 700/1000 springs and GC camber plates. Maybe I am not noise sensitive because most ppl say the camer plates make noise but I really don’t notice much over stock. Sometimes a little clink type sound but that’s about it. Nothing bothersome for DD for me. Dampers make zero noise.
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan702.00
      09-09-2019, 06:50 PM   #25
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
The #1 surprise after first driving a really high end damper on a rough road is “how the HELL is this so compliant??”

I made the ‘mistake’ of driving on Ohlins TTX in an F80 M3 and I’ve always been jealous of how that felt. There’s no way I could spend that kind of money on suspension for my car at this point in my life but holy shit, it was surreal having so much comfort and compliance and such insane levels of cornering grip at the same time. These MCS are certainly in that ultra-high performance category.
A-men to that. This is my first high end damper experience and I had the same reaction. Especially with springs much stiffer than stock. Amazing how a top notch damper can control stiff springs and make them feel compliant. Then when you blast them through the canyons (or track) it’s a whole new level. It makes you realize where costs are cut in OEM dampers.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 07:41 PM   #26
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep

OP what are your alignment settings? Spring rates? Damper settings? I am 14 clicks front 11 rear on 700/1000lb springs.
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 11:07 AM   #27
PilotxERAU
First Lieutenant
Rep

OP peaced out
Appreciate 0