05-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #265
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
I like it, however I feel that the passenger dashboard side was nicer before.
The lack of colors and interior choices is stupid.

BMW THIS CAN BE A MONEY MAKER, A NEW E46, MAKE IT CUSTOMIZABLE !

If I can order a different exterior color and a lighter interior color I will buy one yesterday. Bring some metallic green-blues, some beige like moonlight, some red, orange, violet. Give it personality for God's sake, this piece is a winner!
It's such a winner they can tell you to suck it .. and not make any color changes.

Buy an M2 if you want one , or get an M4 via individual.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 08:43 PM   #266
M2 CSL
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Lightweight

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbmw View Post
I always use my nav instead of google or apple or Waze.
Someday you'll wish you had that time back.
Appreciate 1
atxsk8r1569.50
      05-11-2017, 09:16 PM   #267
greekcs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

Render looks great with almost no body gaps.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 09:37 PM   #268
WI_Rob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Rob View Post
Do the exterior edges look softer? It seems a bit less aggressive in these pics. I may just need some sleep...
You need some sleep

No way they re did edges on an LCI, let's not all over think it. Car looks great ??
The car does look great... it's an M2! Fair point on the likelihood of exterior body shell mods on the LCI. Thanks!
Appreciate 1
JustChris17551.50
      05-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #269
WI_Rob
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spa2k View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WI_Rob View Post
Do the exterior edges look softer? It seems a bit less aggressive in these pics. I may just need some sleep...
They're the same. Take 2 LCIs and call us in the morning.
Lol. One in AW & one in MG. Sounds good doc!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 09:51 PM   #270
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociti View Post
The M3/4 exists for buyers like you, and is the moneymaker for BMW that you allude to. The M2 is as affordable as it is because BMW was able to keep costs and overhead minimal. Add all the options in that you suggest and you're not far off of the cost of an M3/4, which makes little commercial sense for them, and little sense for buyers who would then, quite sensibly, just spring for the big brother. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I am very glad that BMW elected to keep this car relatively affordable and "basic" on the amenity front. I want performance, not fluff.
Your comment makes no sense at all! The price has nothing to do with it.

The same vehicle under a 240 badge has different colors and white interior, and cost less!!!!

So, obviously, if an 240 can get white leather seats and a metallic beige exterior, so the M2!

I even talk to a dealer if they agree to sell me an M2 but swap the seats with a 240. Not doable, except I buy both and sell after which I am not willing to do.

I never get this kind of comments, "you don't like the M2 buy M3, don't like the M3 buy M6". What is this? How do you know what somebody wants? In your office, if your desk and the proper setting (like chair distance) require a 21 inch monitor, would you buy a 36 inch instead so you can move the head from left to right all the time? is nicer, better.... What do you say??
These comments are so inappropriate.

M2 is a nice vehicle and can be a money maker if they are smart. This car can become a piece of cult if they know how to play it. Dumb decision, anyway.

Last edited by Teutonic; 05-11-2017 at 10:07 PM..
Appreciate 1
akkando5869.00
      05-11-2017, 10:04 PM   #271
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
It's such a winner they can tell you to suck it .. and not make any color changes.

Yeah, I get your point , all I am trying to say is that BMW can do better and win big.
I have bigger BMW's, I just want the M2 just for me, in the corner of the garage, I just can't stand this "communistic" uniform imposed by few overly- played colors.

If BMW thinks is a luxury brand, than show that you have the ability to produce and deliver quality, diversity and happiness. They do have the ability to provide diversity, they have everything to make it happen, that is one of the main components of luxury. People pay for diversity and this car is not cheap either. However, as mentioned above, different colors can be offered so why not on M2 as well? I am not asking for the moon and the sky, but an M2 can and deserves a better color portfolio inside and out and this is achievable.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 10:11 PM   #272
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I get your point , all I am trying to say is that BMW can do better and win big.
I have bigger BMW's, I just want the M2 just for me, in the corner of the garage, I just can't stand this "communistic" uniform imposed by few overly- played colors.

If BMW thinks is a luxury brand, than show that you have the ability to produce and deliver quality, diversity and happiness. They do have the ability to provide diversity, they have everything to make it happen, that is one of the main components of luxury. People pay for diversity and this car is not cheap either. However, as mentioned above, different colors can be offered so why not on M2 as well? I am not asking for the moon and the sky, but an M2 can and deserves a better color portfolio inside and out and this is achievable.
It's literally not part of the plan. People keep assuming BMW wants to sell as many as possible. That's NOT the case.

At most vendors, one or more products are favored to be sold over the other.

Ever go to a gas station and the prices are like as follows.

$2.19 regular (87 RON)
$2.39 mid grade (89 RON)
$2.99 premium (92 RON)

The premium fuel is priced so high because the station really wants to sell you the bottom two. Sure they have premium available .. but if most local stations are actually at $2.59.. then it should be clear to the consumer that this particular station does NOT want to sell premium fuel. The station is LIMITING its sales.

BMW is doing the same with the M2 by

1 - limited colors
2- limited interior options
3- less options
4- no individual
5- lesser quality seats
6- more inexpensive interior quality
7- no " M mirrors "
8 - no CF roof...

And on top of all that .. it's not in stock at most dealers. Oh and wait.. it's cheaper to lease an M3 or M4 or M240 ..

BMW couldn't be slanting the table away from the buyer any more unless they pulled out a gun and said DONT BUY THIS CAR !

The M2 is limited in its it production. Not to a particular set figure. But clearly more would be sold if they simply had more stock available. A LOT MORE actually.. as you mentioned.

I've said this before and finally got a few people to understand in another thread. This is basic marketing.

Why don't they make more M2? http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1382678

The M2 is marketed as a loss leader. The item that's heavily advertised but not available in the store. But when you get there the sales people walk the customer to another product that' makes them more profit.
Appreciate 2
velociti181.50
      05-11-2017, 10:20 PM   #273
velociti
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Your comment makes no sense at all! The price has nothing to do with it.

The same vehicle under a 240 badge has different colors and white interior, and cost less!!!!

So, obviously, if an 240 can get white leather seats or a metallic beige interior, so the M2!

I even talk to a dealer if they agree to sell me an M2 but swap the seats with a 240. Not doable, except I buy both and sell after which I am not willing to do.

I never get this kind of comments, "you don't like the M2 buy M3, don't like the M3 buy M6". What is this? How do you know what somebody wants? In your office, if your desk and the proper setting like chair distance require a 21 inch monitor, would you buy a 36 inch instead so you can move the head from left to right all the time? is nicer, better.... What do you say??
These comments are so inappropriate.

M2 is a nice vehicle and can be a money maker if they are smart. This car can become a piece of cult if they know how to play it. Dumb decision, anyway.
BMW Group had its best ever sales in 2016, which was its sixth consecutive record setting year on the trot. So to be clear, the company who manufactured over 2.5 million vehicles last year, generated almost 7 billion in profit, employs over 120,000 people, some of whom are surely quite competent in gauging consumer interest in different segments got it wrong, but you've got it all figured out?

I'm all for more options, man. Not trying to pick a fight. But there are so many different variables that go into something like this that are easy to miss for keyboard jockeys like us. Honestly, this optioned out M2 that you pine for would likely cannibalize sales of the M3/4 if it existed, a car which they probably make significantly better margins on. "Dumb decision" on their part? Hardly.
Appreciate 2
bollinm25.00
      05-11-2017, 10:33 PM   #274
ClothSeats
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 17 1LE

What enthusiasts want is not always more profitable for BMW. For example I want a Euro Delivery M2 with manual cloth seats, Individual Paint, and a nappa leather-covered dashboard for $60k. But what's more profitable for BMW is leasing large volumes of $50-60k crossovers made in Mexico off the dealer lots.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2017, 10:35 PM   #275
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClothSeats View Post
What enthusiasts want is not always more profitable for BMW. For example I want a Euro Delivery M2 with manual cloth seats, Individual Paint, and a nappa leather-covered dashboard for $60k. But what's more profitable for BMW is leasing large volumes of $50-60k crossovers made in Mexico off the dealer lots.
As well as forcing customers to F OFF and buy an 80K M3/M4 If they don't want an SUV .. But .. very politely..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 10:46 PM   #276
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
It's literally not part of the plan. People keep assuming BMW wants to sell as many as possible. That's NOT the case.

$2.19 regular (87 RON)
$2.39 mid grade (89 RON)
$2.99 premium (92 RON)
Hmm, I am trying to understand your analogy, however, I don't think is the best one.
Premium work in luxury or non-luxury.
Mid grade does not work in luxury.

So premium is the on that actually has a wider offer, while Mid grade will not work on new luxury cars.

Luxury should have more offers, the cheaper ones should have less.

Anyway, I got your point but still don't get it. If I will be BMW and have a chance to bring in a new "VW Beetle like" mania and start a true hysteria, why not?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 10:54 PM   #277
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by velociti View Post
Honestly, this optioned out M2 that you pine for would likely cannibalize sales of the M3/4 if it existed, a car which they probably make significantly better margins on. "Dumb decision" on their part? Hardly.
Man, I am tired of BMW sales point. Ok, good in sales let's offer only white cars, they buy them anyway... For a while, after that screw that.

I don't think that M2 will cannibalize M3-M4 and honestly I don't care. If people prefer M2 it is what it is. If the streets are so busy and parking will become scarce like in Europe, believe me, M2 will rule regardless of what BMW thinks. And if they offer only 3000 vehicles because that's what they want, people will walk to the A3 or other cars, not everybody is willing to wait or pay overprice for a similar vehicle regardless of what the reviews are saying; bottom line, few of us take them to the limit anyway, I piss off M3 people with a 3.0 l engine, because they don't know how to use it.
Also, between M2 and M3 is quite a financial difference so I don't see how that will cannibalize the M3.

Again, if 240 can get in moonlight beige, so the M2. That color has no bigger price than others since obviously can be offered in 240.
they should add 3-4 more colors and even change the colors every one or two years.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #278
jimmy9980
BMW DRIVER ///M
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M2 07/16 Build

Looks nice, But Im totally happy with My 2017 no touch screen but ID6 can be added by coding and the tail lights I think the 2016-2017 look better. Gauge cluster prefer grey. I'm not sure how I feel on the headlights need to see it in person!.
END OF LIFE = 2017 M2 07/16 Build, 2014 M5 05/14 Build, 2008 M3 ESS Supercharged, BMW 2003 M3, BMW 2001 325ci
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 10:56 PM   #279
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

$2.19 regular (87 RON)
$2.39 mid grade (89 RON)
$2.99 premium (92 RON)
Hmm, I am trying to understand your analogy, however, I don't think is the best one.
Premium work in luxury or non-luxury.
Mid grade does not work in luxury.

So premium is the on that actually has a wider offer, while Mid grade will not work on new luxury cars.

Luxury should have more offers, the cheaper ones should have less.

Anyway, I got your point but still don't get it. If I will be BMW and have a chance to bring in a new "VW Beetle like" mania and start a true hysteria, why not?

In the case of The M2.. the X1 is made in the same plant. BMW makes more money selling each X1 than they ever will selling an M2.

Therefore they mass produce the X1 and they LIMIT their production of the M2.

See the other thread and most importantly the Wiki about what a loss leader is.

They are able to maximize all of their advertising dollars of the M2 by setting it up so that once the customer arrives at the dealer, the sales person sells what is in stock.. or what is more available .. when pivoting an M2 customer .. it's usually an M240, an M3 or an M4.

When pivoting even a 228 customer .. the sales person will sell the features of a 328 ( more luxury! More size ! and more doors! ) or a 428 ( more features! More space ! more luxury !)

The entire 2 series lineup is essentially a loss leader for BMW. In the US.. Across their lineup from the 30k to the 50k price range ... They would rather sell you a 3 or 4 series or an X1 or X3 than a 2 series. That's why they also don't make a 2 series sedan..

They could sell the heck out of a 2er ...if they wanted to...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #280
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
In the case of The M2.. the X1 is made in the same plant. BMW makes more money selling each X1 than they ever will selling an M2.

Therefore they mass produce the X1 and they LIMIT their production of the M2.

See the other thread and most importantly the Wiki about what a loss leader is.

They are able to maximize all of their advertising dollars of the M2 by setting it up so that once the customer arrives at the dealer, the sales person sells what is in stock.. or what is more available .. when pivoting an M2 customer .. it's usually an M240, an M3 or an M4.

When pivoting even a 228 customer .. the sales person will sell the features of a 328 ( more luxury! More size ! and more doors! ) or a 428 ( more features! More space ! more luxury !)

The entire 2 series lineup is essentially a loss leader for BMW. They would rather sell you a 3 or 4 series or an X1 than a 2 series. That's why they also don't make a 2 series sedan..

They could sell the heck out of a 2er sedan.. particularly in the US market.. if they wanted to...
I get it man, just saying my thoughts, I believe that I am right, this could be a bread and butter if they want. Affordable, nimble, sporty, fast, quite luxury, sports car. Perfect recipe. More colors and some more choices and they will make probably more money they think they would. Not everybody wants a 4 door sedan, or a porky vehicle, many will sell a kidney to jump on that little fast sports car. I mean, some will do whatever to jump from that Miata in the M2. The effort will pay off.

They do make the 2 series sedan, Is called 1 series sedan, just another badge. Common, you believe that 2 Series is a loss?? imagine how flexible I am if I am not giving up the color.

Also, I do not believe that 2 Series is a loss. No financial mind will accept that.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 11:09 PM   #281
velociti
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Man, I am tired of BMW sales point. Ok, good in sales let's offer only white cars, they buy them anyway... For a while, after that screw that.

I don't think that M2 will cannibalize M3-M4 and honestly I don't care. If people prefer M2 it is what it is. If the streets are so busy and parking will become scarce like in Europe, believe me, M2 will rule regardless of what BMW thinks. And if they offer only 3000 vehicles because that's what they want, people will walk to the A3 or other cars, not everybody is willing to wait or pay overprice for a similar vehicle regardless of what the reviews are saying; bottom line, few of us take them to the limit anyway, I piss off M3 people with a 3.0 l engine, because they don't know how to use it.
Also, between M2 and M3 is quite a financial difference so I don't see how that will cannibalize the M3.

Again, if 240 can get in moonlight beige, so the M2. That color has no bigger price than others since obviously can be offered in 240.
they should add 3-4 more colors and even change the colors every one or two years.
I'll save my breath.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2017, 11:13 PM   #282
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL BAN View Post
Just read this on a Facebook Group.. not sure if its true or not.. says it was info provided by a BMW Genius
I hope it is; if so, I'm fully aroused.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2017, 11:15 PM   #283
PARTS@STBMW
Rep

I am digging this .
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #284
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Found three different articles in regards with color.
The main, pure and simple explanation of poor color choice is that Leipzig plant has a very limited ability to do more than that; nothing else.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 01:24 AM   #285
Lieutenant Biscuits
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Austin Allegro Vanden Plas

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
I hope it is; if so, I'm fully aroused.
I don't think it does come in any new colours. I spoke to the same "Genius" yesterday and he said Sunset Orange and Seaside Blue were available for the M2 but I have a feeling he was confusing it with the 2er.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2017, 01:57 AM   #286
daffyduck
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Found three different articles in regards with color.
The main, pure and simple explanation of poor color choice is that Leipzig plant has a very limited ability to do more than that; nothing else.
That doesn't explain not being able to order regular 2er colors (and those are in fact quite a lot) on the M2
Appreciate 0