BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > IND | Eventuri F87 M2 Carbon Fiber Intake System

09-17-2017, 02:32 AM   #67
dtmurf
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
1996 BMW 318is  [4.75]
2012 Audi Q5  [4.50]
2017 BMW M2  [10.00]
Eventuri are sure to be at the Essen Motor Show in December (they were last year anyway) so I'll ask them and see what they say.

I looked through my pics from last year and found the below pic where they are claiming +15 to 20 for the M3/4...
Attached Images

09-17-2017, 06:43 AM   #68
Hasan Shaikh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E63 M6, E36 M3 EVO (Euro Spec)

Which filter do they use for their kits?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 09:56 PM   #69
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Do you need a tune with the Eventuri intake system to get the 15whp and 20ft of torque?
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2017, 10:05 PM   #70
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethC View Post
Do you need a tune with the Eventuri intake system to get the 15whp and 20ft of torque?
Yes. The tune will net you 15 to 20 and the intake will net you 0. But it does sound cool.

The 15 to 20 claim was for the M3/4, not the M2. I have yet to see evidence that an intake alone on the M2 gains you anything but some fun noise, eye candy, and a lighter wallet.
Appreciate 1
Z378710.50
      10-24-2017, 08:14 AM   #71
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MG M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Yes. The tune will net you 15 to 20 and the intake will net you 0. But it does sound cool.

The 15 to 20 claim was for the M3/4, not the M2. I have yet to see evidence that an intake alone on the M2 gains you anything but some fun noise, eye candy, and a lighter wallet.
How's this? Top is Stock + MPE. Bottom is Eventuri + Akra. Since we know definitively that exhausts do nothing post downpipe, I think it's evidence enough. They certainly aren't going to add +9/+10.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:16 AM   #72
Z3787
Enlisted Member
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E30 M3,E86 Z4M,F87 M2,E82 123d

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackholescion View Post
How's this? Top is Stock + MPE. Bottom is Eventuri + Akra. Since we know definitively that exhausts do nothing post downpipe, I think it's evidence enough. They certainly aren't going to add +9/+10.
Which is Eventuri one?
      10-24-2017, 08:17 AM   #73
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3787 View Post
Which is Eventuri one?
Bottom. +9HP and +10 Torque.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:22 AM   #74
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Eh, it's close but I'm still not convinced. Too many variables were changed. If you had asked me yesterday do exhaust or intake systems on their own increase HP/TQ in an M2 I would have said "no". Your graph proves that an exhaust PLUS an intake might do it, so long as you manage to pair the right exhaust with the right intake.

What were the dates of the two dyno sessions?

I'm still waiting for the dyno chart that shows stock M2 vs. Stock M2+intake, and nothing else. Believe me, I WANT to see this, bad. I really really really want the Eventuri intake because it looks and sounds so bad ass. But I just cant be that guy who drops $1300 on a carbon fiber intake that nets zero performance gain.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:26 AM   #75
blackholescion
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Eh, it's close but I'm still not convinced. Too many variables were changed. If you had asked me yesterday do exhaust or intake systems on their own increase HP/TQ in an M2 I would have said "no". Your graph proves that an exhaust PLUS an intake might do it, so long as you manage to pair the right exhaust with the right intake.

What were the dates of the two dyno sessions?

I'm still waiting for the dyno chart that shows stock M2 vs. Stock M2+intake, and nothing else. Believe me, I WANT to see this, bad. I really really really want the Eventuri intake because it looks and sounds so bad ass. But I just cant be that guy who drops $1300 on a carbon fiber intake that nets zero performance gain.
If exhaust mattered, it would have shown with the MPE. I had MPE port installed and replaced it. If the exhaust did anything, I would have dyno'd "stock" higher than other M2's without MPE. However, it's in line with other stock dynos without MPE.

Dynojet accounts for ambient conditions, but they didn't happen on the same day. Temps were similar (~72-75F at time of dyno). Second dyno had higher humidity (80% vs 60%).
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2017, 08:39 AM   #76
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
If exhaust mattered, it would have shown with the MPE. I had MPE port installed and replaced it. If the exhaust did anything, I would have dyno'd "stock" higher than other M2's without MPE. However, it's in line with other stock dynos without MPE.

Dynojet accounts for ambient conditions, but they didn't happen on the same day. Temps were similar (~72-75F at time of dyno). Second dyno had higher humidity (80% vs 60%).
Not necessarily. That's essentially saying all exhausts are the same.

Dont get me wrong, here I'll give you credit, you've done what I haven't seen done yet. Ive seen plenty of dyno charts that show zero gain with an exhaust AND an intake. You found the right combo burrito. it appears that Akra exhaust = 0 gain. Eventuri = 0 gain. But Akra + Eventuri = gain.

In any case, the OP was asking about tune + Eventuri and I stand by my statement that any meaningful increase will be had from the tune, not the intake. Though you did prove that if he goes tune + Eventuri + Akra, he should see a bigger increase than simply Tune + Eventuri.

Last edited by DETRoadster; 10-24-2017 at 09:13 AM..
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #77
kling808
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5/2015 F31 328xi

Question How's the review on this intake? any suggestions?

Aloha ~
Just wondering if anyone would recommend this intake? looks like a real nice piece of art !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@IND View Post

Eventuri leverages their experience in manufacturing high quality air flow components using an approach that prioritizes attention to detail and optimization of function. Eventuri’s passion for BMW cars specifically began over 10 years ago, when the managing partners worked with BMW performance and tuning throughout the UK. Today, IND is proud to show M2 fans a preview of the Eventuri M2 air intake system.

Eventuri’s M2 intake solves several challenges simultaneously, first by routing a front-facing air intake scoop directly into the M2’s air filter, and also by addressing a difficult OE BMW packaging arrangement that positions the breather tube and MAF housing quite near to one another. Eventuri’s dedication to detail created a unique MAF boss design that is specifically intended to interfere with airflow as little as possible, maintaining an extremely low profile inside the carbon tube. This ensures an excellent flow of cool air directly to the air filter, and also a very smooth airflow within the intake tube itself. Because Eventuri uses no universal parts each bracket, plug, and clip is made specifically for the M2 making the entire intake assembly a direct and perfect fit to the N55 engine.

Eventuri’s intakes are made from Carbon Fiber, creating not only an aesthetically pleasing product, but also one that has a low level of thermal conductivity for the best possible heat management within the engine bay. The overall design process focuses on maintaining a smooth, laminar flow of cold air to the engine by optimizing every bend and internal feature of the intake piping. Eventuri’s unique air filter housing also creates a large captive volume beyond the air filter, and has a smooth radius to provide the best possible airflow into the intake tract.

Our video below demonstrates the airflow through Eventuri’s intake system:

Appreciate 0