BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > The Smoking Tire - Gridlife in the M2

07-25-2016, 11:12 AM   #23
technik330
Captain
Rep
Drives: STi

I don't know about you guys, but I'm amped we've got all these 'pro' drivers here...

Anyways, I'm going to get back to playing Gran Turismo so I can be ready to burn all these guys who get paid to drive real cars. /flex

Slow clap for all the 'pros' making it rain with knowledge.
'18 Subaru STi Type RA #350
'19 Honda Civic Type R #31191
Appreciate 1
DrKevM52273.50
      07-25-2016, 04:41 PM   #24
Coulson T
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: awaiting a MG M2

I like to see the lines Matt picks, inconsistent and I have to turn the sound off as he is a ham fist, Where did he get his expertise?? ...He sure isn't a Randy Pobst..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 06:09 PM   #25
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

"200 lbs lighter than the M4"

Wuuuuuut lol
      07-29-2016, 08:43 PM   #26
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Appreciate 1
      07-30-2016, 05:05 AM   #27
marcva
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M345

Quote:
Originally Posted by technik330 View Post
I don't know about you guys, but I'm amped we've got all these 'pro' drivers here...

Anyways, I'm going to get back to playing Gran Turismo so I can be ready to burn all these guys who get paid to drive real cars. /flex

Slow clap for all the 'pros' making it rain with knowledge.
It depends...does 200 or so track days as a bmw club track and skidpad instructor count? The point is that automotive journalists should be able to articulate the nuances of the cars they drive. It's their JOB. Matt doesn't have the automotive or linguistic capability to do so very well. It might be fun to watch abro beating up a car and having fun, but if you look at Chris or Jeremy's work, you get a better technical sense of the cars differences.

Yes there are lots of M owners that don't know how to drive, but it's kind of a pre requisite for someone who gets flown around to talk about cars
Appreciate 1
DrKevM52273.50
      08-01-2016, 03:14 PM   #28
technik330
Captain
Rep
Drives: STi

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcva View Post
It depends...does 200 or so track days as a bmw club track and skidpad instructor count? The point is that automotive journalists should be able to articulate the nuances of the cars they drive. It's their JOB. Matt doesn't have the automotive or linguistic capability to do so very well. It might be fun to watch abro beating up a car and having fun, but if you look at Chris or Jeremy's work, you get a better technical sense of the cars differences.

Yes there are lots of M owners that don't know how to drive, but it's kind of a pre requisite for someone who gets flown around to talk about cars
I want to be clear, I'm entirely cognizant that we've got more than a few qualified, talented, drives on board here; however I've grown tired of countless members inferring they could do better, that's all. I've never really been a fan of Matt's style of reviews and prefer to listen to Chris Harris, but he's also obsessed with drifting on every corner at times, so I suppose take your pick lol.
'18 Subaru STi Type RA #350
'19 Honda Civic Type R #31191
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2016, 06:14 AM   #29
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

I roasted Matt in his SRT Cherokee on film in my X1 if that counts for anything. He didn't believe my car ran low 12s and said "how about you prove it on film?" Sure!

He is a good guy but not the fastest on track, he was holding people up and wouldn't point by.

I will say that out of the whole crew I think Zack is really talented and should do more hosting stuff. He can drive and talk really well at the same time and I think has more nuanced comments that better convey the feel of a car.
Appreciate 1