BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2CS allocation process through various dealerships

11-13-2019, 01:57 PM   #1
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

I am aways fascinated by how dealerships structure their waitlists of special models. Surprised there is no standard process because the end result is the same.

Just wanted to see what other structures for waitlists are out there. Here are some examples from my experience.

Dealer A:
$1000 deposit
No ADM
Permit to do ED

Dealer B:
$1000 deposit
No ADM
No ED

Dealer C:
$2500 deposit
No ADM
Permit to do ED
Must complete BMWNA Financial application <- very strange to hear this, but the dealer said this was straight from BMWNA

Dealer D:
No deposit
No ADM
Their list is 15 deep right now 😂
      11-13-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Dealer E:
$5k Deposit
No ADM
When comes time to order, asks for $10K ADM.

Yeah, that actually happened to me. Obviously bought elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2019, 06:44 PM   #3
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
Dealer E:
$5k Deposit
No ADM
When comes time to order, asks for $10K ADM.

Yeah, that actually happened to me. Obviously bought elsewhere.
Wow that's in such poor taste. I would have done the same if the dealer pulled any type of ADM after what was already agreed.
      11-16-2019, 04:48 PM   #4
MZWIE
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

I have purchased many M cars. Never had ADM.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2019, 04:54 PM   #5
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Not related to the m2cs but didnt know where else to post this.

Checking out a Kia telluride for shits and giggles

Look @ 8k mark up and then dropped down to 6k. "'Market adjustment "

I told the guy I'm not paying any mark up.....

It is not a mark up...it is a market adjustment .
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      11-16-2019, 05:27 PM   #6
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Not related to the m2cs but didnt know where else to post this.

Checking out a Kia telluride for shits and giggles

Look @ 8k mark up and then dropped down to 6k. "'Market adjustment "

I told the guy I'm not paying any mark up.....

It is not a mark up...it is a market adjustment .
Haha that is laughable and simply outrageous for a Kia that will sell for less than MSRP in a few months. This is the vehicle that Kia hopes will transform its brand, so I would assume it would want anyone to get into this vehicle with ease. Wonder what Kia's corporate office will say to this.

Thanks for sharing!
      11-17-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
Hangman4358
Private
Rep
Drives: '14 F31 328d Sportline

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
2014 328d F31  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Haha that is laughable and simply outrageous for a Kia that will sell for less than MSRP in a few months. This is the vehicle that Kia hopes will transform its brand, so I would assume it would want anyone to get into this vehicle with ease. Wonder what Kia's corporate office will say to this.

Thanks for sharing!
They failed so miserably with the Stinger to change their image I imagine little will happen.

I test drove a stinger when they first came out and I think the car is actually great, styling is a little odd but driving wise it is good for a big 4 door sedan. I told the sales guy I am not interested in the black one they had since I don't do black cars and that I really didn't want to buy one now, I was just interested in the hype and would probably be in the market in 18-24 months. I also said I was really not interested in a lease and if anything I would pay half cash half loan from my CU if I did buy one.

He said wait a minute let me run some numbers and I just let him go while I was still digging though the menus in the infotainment system. He comes back with a "super deal" of a 48 month lease for $750 a month (32k over the lifetime of the lease)! This was on a 42k MSRP GT1 RWD btw. And at the end I would have had the PRIVILEGE to pay 25k residual to buy the thing!

I politely told him no thank you since I don't want to buy the black one they had on the lot as I had told him 5-6 times and proceed, said that when I was in the market I would think about the Stinger and then headed to leave. He then literally yells across the showroom floor with other customers around how I was wasting his time and I should be ashamed of myself.

The mindset of Kia dealers is still the bottom of the barrel "we will give anybody financing as long as they have a pulse" car business even with the good cars they build.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2019, 07:35 PM   #8
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangman4358 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post

Thanks for sharing!
They failed so miserably with the Stinger to change their image I imagine little will happen.

I test drove a stinger when they first came out and I think the car is actually great, styling is a little odd but driving wise it is good for a big 4 door sedan. I told the sales guy I am not interested in the black one they had since I don't do black cars and that I really didn't want to buy one now, I was just interested in the hype and would probably be in the market in 18-24 months. I also said I was really not interested in a lease and if anything I would pay half cash half loan from my CU if I did buy one.

He said wait a minute let me run some numbers and I just let him go while I was still digging though the menus in the infotainment system. He comes back with a "super deal" of a 48 month lease for $750 a month (32k over the lifetime of the lease)! This was on a 42k MSRP GT1 RWD btw. And at the end I would have had the PRIVILEGE to pay 25k residual to buy the thing!

I politely told him no thank you since I don't want to buy the black one they had on the lot as I had told him 5-6 times and proceed, said that when I was in the market I would think about the Stinger and then headed to leave. He then literally yells across the showroom floor with other customers around how I was wasting his time and I should be ashamed of myself.

The mindset of Kia dealers is still the bottom of the barrel "we will give anybody financing as long as they have a pulse" car business even with the good cars they build.
Well I'm actually considering a Genesis G90 as a cruiser and I know Hyundai is putting a lot of effort to differentiate the sales experience from your run of the mill Hyundai's. Hope this kind of attitude will be squashed. And honestly, I see a lot of potential with this new concierge approach.

The G90 for USA will be launched next week, so hoping they will also give insight into the selling experience. I know in Canada, you buy it straight from corporate and it does not go through a dealership. Hoping this is the same case here. No BS or attitude from "entry" brand dealers.
      11-18-2019, 07:53 AM   #9
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Back on topic.

I have a 1000 deposit. First in line.
Msrp.
Smaller dealer that doesn't do a lot of volume of M cars.
ED an option .
I am friends with the service manager .

Also talked to two other dealers before picking my first choice (closest).

Dealer I::
First in line .
dealer a couple hours away.
No deposit.
Msrp
Also smaller dealer that doesn't do a lot of volume. Not m certified.

———
Dealer II

Would have been 1st in line.
Not M certified dealer.
1k deposit
Msrp
If no allocation received, I asked to order m2 comp at invoice. GM said no. He would not do a deal on a future 2020 m2 comp.
This was still the summer so M2 comp market wasn't as soft as it is now.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2019, 09:53 AM   #10
LuvMyE92
Occasionally frequent poster
Rep
Drives: CT5V-Blackwing

I had to read half of the posts before I figured out what ADM stood for.

It annoys me. I do not pay it. Heck, I won't pay MSRP either. When I bought a Mini (shortly after they came out) there was no discounting, but I stuck to my guns and insisted on $200 (a token discount to be sure) but also got a free hat.

LOL.

And LOL on the Kia. You gotta give 'em credit for size of their cojonnes though.
Past: E24,E28(3),E34,E36,E37,E38(2),E39(4),E46,E89,E92 (obviously),F01,F06,F10,F30,F87,G12,G30(2),G82(2)
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1201.50
      11-18-2019, 05:50 PM   #11
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

2nd on list (since over a year ago) of high volume M dealer
$1,000 Deposit (fully refundable)
MSRP - No ADM (illegal here)

However, in the meantime...have managed to secure an allocation ($5K deposit/MSRP) for 718 GT4 for next year...so...
Appreciate 0