BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Issue getting N55 water pump bolts back in

10-17-2020, 09:03 PM   #1
tenkies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Issue getting N55 water pump bolts back in

I just installed MST V2, turbosmart diverted valve, MST boost pipe and while trying to bolt the water pump back in, the screws seem short? I'm having a hard time getting the bolt to thread into the holes. It's almost like the rubber grommets in the water pump brackets expanded. Anyone else experience this before? Any tips to get the water pump bolted back on?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2020, 03:43 PM   #2
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenkies View Post
I just installed MST V2, turbosmart diverted valve, MST boost pipe and while trying to bolt the water pump back in, the screws seem short? I'm having a hard time getting the bolt to thread into the holes. It's almost like the rubber grommets in the water pump brackets expanded. Anyone else experience this before? Any tips to get the water pump bolted back on?
The water pump bolts are single use torque to yield bolts, I replaced my bolts as well after pulling the coolant pump to do the GFB DV+.

Also make sure the bolt holes on the water pump brackets are clean and coolant free, dried coolant can becomes like hard water deposits and make it hard to thread the bolts back in, but if the holes are clean they should be able to be hand thread back in.
tenkies147.00
      10-19-2020, 01:45 PM   #3
tenkies
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB 6MT

Thanks. I figure out what my issue was and it was because I was tired and trying to bolt the pump back into the wrong holes. Tried to bolt it back into the bracket to engine block holes below the actual bracket holes. all good now. Thanks
Appreciate 0