BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > 2020 M2 Comp - Massively Discounted

06-03-2020, 07:51 AM   #89
dennisb40
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Titled in a Chicago Suburb. Northbrook.

Title #200166944430

@ Forum member looking the the Hock Silver- Manual

Check out BMW of Crystal Lake. If you are serious about the Car they have a Hock Silver/ Orange/ 6 MT Slick top. I will get you 8% off no questions asked. If you want to haggle away, you are on your own.

No I am not a dealer.

dennisb40

This is intriguing to me. PM sent

The truecar one has a sunroof. Im a slick top purist
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2020, 08:01 AM   #90
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisb40 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by arciga18 View Post
Titled in a Chicago Suburb. Northbrook.

Title #200166944430

@ Forum member looking the the Hock Silver- Manual

Check out BMW of Crystal Lake. If you are serious about the Car they have a Hock Silver/ Orange/ 6 MT Slick top. I will get you 8% off no questions asked. If you want to haggle away, you are on your own.

No I am not a dealer.

dennisb40

This is intriguing to me. PM sent

The truecar one has a sunroof. Im a slick top purist
Dennis

From my brief interactions, arciga seems to be a good dude and I'm sure he will set you up properly.

Good luck!

///AVM
Appreciate 1
arciga181726.00
      06-09-2020, 01:10 PM   #91
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C (LBB+6MT+MR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboniumz32 View Post
Best deals were in TX and GA. If you're okay with a loaner/exec demo, they were in FL and SD.
I’d be very curious to hear which dealerships in Texas have been most favorable from a pricing standpoint. I’ve called a bunch that have been rather cold to me and sticking hard to $68k+ price when all I want is a 6mt with no options.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #92
piggysmalls
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C; 2018 C7 Z06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagnificent55 View Post
I’d be very curious to hear which dealerships in Texas have been most favorable from a pricing standpoint. I’ve called a bunch that have been rather cold to me and sticking hard to $68k+ price when all I want is a 6mt with no options.
Last month I tried about 5-6 dealers in Texas and had the same experience. Agreed, some dealers were straight up rude jerks; looks like I'm not the only one that experienced this. Ended up getting a deal I was satisfied with on a vehicle that was sitting on the lot for a few months. The car was filthy by my standards, but I happen to have an interest in auto detailing, so no big deal. I'm guessing with current supply temporarily dwindling, "good deals" are going to be more difficult to come by, hope you find a vehicle that fits you soon. To be honest with you, the vehicles I was looking at and making offers on are no longer available...so inventory is moving despite most TX dealers not negotiating very much.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 08:02 AM   #93
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by piggysmalls View Post
Last month I tried about 5-6 dealers in Texas and had the same experience. Agreed, some dealers were straight up rude jerks; looks like I'm not the only one that experienced this. Ended up getting a deal I was satisfied with on a vehicle that was sitting on the lot for a few months. The car was filthy by my standards, but I happen to have an interest in auto detailing, so no big deal. I'm guessing with current supply temporarily dwindling, "good deals" are going to be more difficult to come by, hope you find a vehicle that fits you soon. To be honest with you, the vehicles I was looking at and making offers on are no longer available...so inventory is moving despite most TX dealers not negotiating very much.
Sorry to hear that you had the same experience, but I can’t say that I’m surprised. Supply is really dwindling on the M2C. I did find one that was granted a few additional allocations, one of which is the exact spec I’m looking for. We’ll see shortly whether there have any intention on giving in price a tad.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2020, 08:41 AM   #94
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

At least in the Northeast, I think mid-July and early August will bring more M2Cs to market. I did a quick search and see that there are a few M2Cs currently listed as in-transit to BMW dealers.

Also, yesterday seems to be the opening of allocations for many dealers. I had multiple dealers contact me yesterday saying they all of a sudden had allocations. In fact, the dealer I placed my order has no allocation, until yesterday when my car was suddenly in the production queue.

So the lesson is to ask your dealer to place an order in the system. Chances are, BMW will prioritize sold orders by giving those dealers an allocation.
      06-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #95
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

I just closed a deal at 8.5% off MSRP AND they came substantially up on my trade, including giving me back their ridiculous "doc fee."

I'm very happy.
      06-11-2020, 10:55 PM   #96
Zagnificent55
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
I just closed a deal at 8.5% off MSRP AND they came substantially up on my trade, including giving me back their ridiculous "doc fee."

I'm very happy.
Any more details? General location? Was this on a car that had been sitting on the lot, or a new arrival? Large volume dealer?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2020, 02:51 AM   #97
JustinHEMI
Not great. Not terrible
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

bmw of gwinnett place in Georgia. I'm in PA so I'm not sure about those other things.

On the Facebook group, someone mentioned checking out my car a few days ago and someone else reported a similar deal from them.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 01:00 PM   #98
twinturboniumz32
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Dallas is pretty shitty about it. Grapevine was okay. They had one that was absolutely loaded with carbon fiber so the sticker price was in the 70s but would only go about 7.5-8% off initially. Did ask me to meet them somewhere in the middle because I had 10% at the time. So maybe could get 9%. Houston gave me 9.5% and San Antonio AFTER I signed my deal said “they would have matched my offer”. They dragged there feet for a week when I asked them for numbers so assume they were just salty and were BSing me.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #99
twinturboniumz32
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Yea the Dallas sale manager told me there was no reason to lose money on a car that he was for sure going to be able to sell.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #100
arciga18
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: LeMans/ Chestnut E90, RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturboniumz32 View Post
Quote:
Yea the Dallas sale manager told me there was no reason to lose money on a car that he was for sure going to be able to sell.
They never lose money. It's a line.

can they sell the car for more to some other buyer .. sure. That's assuming the buyer shows up eventually.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      06-23-2020, 02:42 PM   #101
curious_t
Rep
Drives: BMW

Hi,

In the market for a M2, prefer to order, if allocation is still available, but open to color, prefer DCT, but open as well. Would appreciate any info on which dealer(s) are easy to work with. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 05:19 PM   #102
atronlol
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C 6MT

Garage List
2021 M2C  [0.00]
I’m in the same boat as curious! Been lurking on the forums for a good bit, and if there are deals to be found then I’m in the market for a new M2C!
I saw the pricing guide, I’m really curious how people use that when you call a dealer and after they have an allocation. What’s the next step?
“I have the ordering guide which says 58k, and this is the price I’m looking for” <— apologies for oversimplification, just trying to understand the approach and the process better!

Thanks for the help!!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 07:06 PM   #103
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atronlol View Post
I'm in the same boat as curious! Been lurking on the forums for a good bit, and if there are deals to be found then I'm in the market for a new M2C!
I saw the pricing guide, I'm really curious how people use that when you call a dealer and after they have an allocation. What's the next step?
"I have the ordering guide which says 58k, and this is the price I'm looking for" <— apologies for oversimplification, just trying to understand the approach and the process better!

Thanks for the help!!
You should spec the car out exactly you would want. Then decide on a % off you're comfortable with. Keep in mind, your number should include taxes as well. Then, I would email as many dealers saying this is my out the door number, if you agree, I can sign the papers right away. Usually the CA will come back with another number, you can decide whether to accept or be firm on your asking price.

The key is to provide the OTD number, can't stress that enough.
      06-24-2020, 10:32 AM   #104
atronlol
Rep

Garage List
2021 M2C  [0.00]
Appreciate the advice!
I just did a quick search on autotrader for manuals that are new..

As an example, this basically looks like its at list price. It's that initial fee + straight up $$ for the options on the car. In this example, is there "0" room for negotiation? Using this as an example because it has 'no markup.' (unsure)
If I went to them and said hello, I want this car (starting at 58,900) for 55,000, would they just laugh me out of the room? I also understand that your emphasis was the OTD price, so I'm not adding in taxes/misc fees, just trying to keep the example simple. If the case is that its all those misc fees (doc fee?) where the negotiations are made, then I guess the calculation needs to be refactored.

Thanks again!!
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #105
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate the advice!
I just did a quick search on autotrader for manuals that are new..
[IMG]https://images.autotrader.com/hn/c/d...e72e5b6766.jpg[/IMG]

As an example, this basically looks like its at list price. It's that initial fee + straight up $$ for the options on the car. In this example, is there "0" room for negotiation? Using this as an example because it has 'no markup.' (unsure)
If I went to them and said hello, I want this car (starting at 58,900) for 55,000, would they just laugh me out of the room? I also understand that your emphasis was the OTD price, so I'm not adding in taxes/misc fees, just trying to keep the example simple. If the case is that its all those misc fees (doc fee?) where the negotiations are made, then I guess the calculation needs to be refactored.

Thanks again!!
When I say OTD fees, you must add tax, doc, misc. fees. Keep in mind, without it, dealers can give you some discount to thr actual price of the car. But charge you $800 for doc fees. Which in some states should only be $100.

I use this as my reference for doc fees: http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/4...by-state.shtml

And you negotiate from the MSRP. So you have plenty of lead way and should not pay what you see. Just give you some context, I negotiated two M2Cs. The first one had an MSRP of $63.5K. I was able to get them down to $59,500 OTD (this is the number you write as a check). This equates to about 11% off.

The second deal I got 7.5% off MSRP, OTD came out to be around 7%

In the end, I would shot for 5-10% off OTD, depending on market, configuration and vehicle age on lot.
///AVM2528.00
      06-24-2020, 11:37 AM   #106
omasou
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
When I say OTD fees, you must add tax, doc, misc. fees. Keep in mind, without it, dealers can give you some discount to thr actual price of the car. But charge you $800 for doc fees. Which in some states should only be $100.

I use this as my reference for doc fees: http://www.realcartips.com/newcars/4...by-state.shtml

Thanks for the URL. I was looking for that information awhile back.
Appreciate 2
JCZ51482.50
      06-24-2020, 11:44 AM   #107
omasou
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Garage List
2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Probably cold b/c you're the nth person to "call" instead of visiting in person. Additionally, they understand that you have no dealership loyalty plus your asking for a bare bones configuration, i.e. less profit.

Basically, you're asking for a salesperson to spend time and provide you with information to negotiate a better deal somewhere else when they could be making an income and achieving their sales goals working with someone who might actually buy a car from them.

Need to consider their point of view and the stuff they probably deal with on a daily basis.

Last edited by omasou; 06-24-2020 at 02:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2020, 12:33 PM   #108
atronlol
Rep

Garage List
2021 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

And you negotiate from the MSRP. So you have plenty of lead way and should not pay what you see. Just give you some context, I negotiated two M2Cs. The first one had an MSRP of $63.5K. I was able to get them down to $59,500 OTD (this is the number you write as a check). This equates to about 11% off.

In the end, I would shot for 5-10% off OTD, depending on market, configuration and vehicle age on lot.
Understood about the OTD price, its out the door and exactly what you pay at the end. I was stuck thinking that since we had the pricing guide and "MSRP" that it was non negotiable. Now I see that you have wiggle room at MSRP!
Thanks again for all the information!
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50
      06-24-2020, 12:50 PM   #109
JCZ5
Major
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Understood about the OTD price, its out the door and exactly what you pay at the end. I was stuck thinking that since we had the pricing guide and "MSRP" that it was non negotiable. Now I see that you have wiggle room at MSRP!
Thanks again for all the information!
Everything is negotiable. Including the added features at the end (eg. Extended maintenance, wheel and tire package, etc.)
      06-24-2020, 01:30 PM   #110
atronlol
Rep

Garage List
2021 M2C  [0.00]
Right, now I fully understand. I somehow thought that the "58,900" was some kind of hard line and they would have just thrown me out! I've heard people say before "everything is negotiable" but now I have more concrete numbers and ideas of what prices should actually be (where you can negotiate to), plus an understanding of how procurement works from ordering start.

Thanks again to everyone!
Appreciate 1
JCZ51482.50