BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS Price for the US: $83,600 (plus $995 Destination)

04-30-2020, 06:56 AM   #1761
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
It's been dubbed the clown car spec. Blue, gold, red. I like it, but it's not for everyone
M2ClownSpec

It was meant to be.
Steering wheel M2 button for the flower water squirt.
ASAP10052.50
BigHunk269.50
      04-30-2020, 08:34 AM   #1762
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Durham View Post
I have a derision of black wheels for many of the reasons previously mentioned earlier in this thread.
Consequently, I have opted for gold wheels more because of this than my love of the gold. If silver or even light-mid grey had been offered that would have been my preference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acetech View Post
That's how I've always felt about black wheels, they also remind me of teenagers that spray paint their wheels BBQ black.
So missing hubcaps and stupid teenagers, not a positive association.
And gloss black seems worse than Matt, I don't like gold but it's least offensive between gold and black especially because the gold is very mild.
Hardest choice is Missano blue or Hoch silver
+1 for hatred on black wheels. It's way too played out, and black masks the beauty of most wheels. Why do you want the wheel to be the same color as the tire and also blend in with the fenderwell...?
As for color, I vote anything other than HS. The CS is a special car, and by far HS is the most common color for the Comps that I've seen. At the last C&C there were probably 8 M2 Comps, 1 was SO (me), 1 was black, and the other 6 were HS. They all just start to blend together.
As commented before, there is an alternative: get the 763M in black and have these refinished in 'Orbit Grey' paint (official BMW paint color of 763M wheels of the M3 CS and M4 CS). Cool 'gunmetal' stuff when you see those IRL.

M4 CS - M-CCB:

JustChris17423.00
Poochie9099.00
CSBM52695.50
      05-01-2020, 09:50 AM   #1763
Colinv6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 comp, Mexico / Opal

Agree I love mine in grey.

Only downside is the scars round the wheel barrel cause there’s zero clearance.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 11:24 AM   #1764
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Those Orbit Grey 763M's might just be among the most beautiful wheels BMW's ever made.

Just gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 12:47 PM   #1765
chrisfortier
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Those Orbit Grey 763M's might just be among the most beautiful wheels BMW's ever made.

Just gorgeous.
Orbit Grey is dreamy - would take over the Gold.
Appreciate 1
gmhl10384.50
      05-01-2020, 02:04 PM   #1766
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhl10 View Post
I wonder what the gold wheels will look like with the standard red calipers instead of the gold calipers. Now that I think of it, if you opted for the CCB, the gold wheels would like fine with gold calipers, but might look weird with the red. Hmmm...

This is a reasonable example as it captures MB in bright light, but doesn't mute the gold wheels. I was under the impression the the muted nature of frozen gold would be present in most lighting, but I'm starting to see that is not the case. They look mostly gold in most light when viewed incident to the wheel.

Last edited by medphysdave; 05-01-2020 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 07:26 PM   #1767
TrentMeister
Colonel
Rep
Drives: g82 comp

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhl10 View Post
I wonder what the gold wheels will look like with the standard red calipers instead of the gold calipers. Now that I think of it, if you opted for the CCB, the gold wheels would like fine with gold calipers, but might look weird with the red. Hmmm...

This is a reasonable example as it captures MB in bright light, but doesn't mute the gold wheels. I was under the impression the the muted nature of frozen gold would be present in most lighting, but I'm starting to see that is not the case. They look mostly gold in most light when viewed incident to the wheel.
No pic
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #1768
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Weird. I can see it in my post and the post of mine that was quoted. I couldn't find any privacy settings. Here's another attempt.

Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 08:59 PM   #1769
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBbluem2 View Post
No pic
Here's some... I feel as I must go back on my original statement that gold wheels with red calipers will look weird. Looks pretty nice.

Last edited by gmhl10; 05-01-2020 at 09:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2020, 09:07 PM   #1770
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

Here's black as well. The black sort of does look muted by the misano blue.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 07:43 AM   #1771
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Cars showing up for sale in Australia

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/bmw...nce-lifestyles
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 08:08 AM   #1772
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:

Dave

Interesting market in Australia . . . appears everything costs double what it does in the U.S. with regard to M2C and M2CS. Have no idea of the financial structure in Australia, including currency exchange, but $120K for an M2C and $165K for an M2CS sounds REALLY expensive in any currency and market. I assume that is why there are so many of each, in relative terms, available.

Best paint to wheel color combo is still HS and black. . . Competition or CS.

Fact that there are so many M2CS available seems to lend credence to notion that prospective buyers are not lined up to obtain M2CS. Multiple factors, of course, including Covid, economy, cost . . . and what I perceive as an overall lack of interest associated with what the M2CS does not offer over the M2C for price differential.

Finally, on the Australian website it indicates 'drive away' which I assume means the M2CS listed are available at dealership? At very least, it appears all are already spec'd and without option for purchaser optioning? If so, how is it possible the M2CS is already available and BMW has yet to even pursue a press release?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 10:21 AM   #1773
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:

Dave

Interesting market in Australia . . . appears everything costs double what it does in the U.S. with regard to M2C and M2CS. Have no idea of the financial structure in Australia, including currency exchange, but $120K for an M2C and $165K for an M2CS sounds REALLY expensive in any currency and market. I assume that is why there are so many of each, in relative terms, available.

Fact that there are so many M2CS available seems to lend credence to notion that prospective buyers are not lined up to obtain M2CS. Multiple factors, of course, including Covid, economy, cost . . . and what I perceive as an overall lack of interest associated with what the M2CS does not offer over the M2C for price differential.

Finally, on the Australian website it indicates 'drive away' which I assume means the M2CS listed are available at dealership? At very least, it appears all are already spec'd and without option for purchaser optioning? If so, how is it possible the M2CS is already available and BMW has yet to even pursue a press release?

///AVM
Quote:
Quote:

Dave

///AVM
160k Australian dollars = 102k USD
      05-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #1774
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 M2CS View Post
Well, I am sure there are other factors in Australian vehicle pricing that make the differences in price significant.

The projected $85K in U.S. for M2CS is already bogus . . . but I am pretty certain even Dave would not consider the M2CS 'exclusive enough' to warrant $102K.

At any rate, clearly Australians are not lined up to get the M2CS, and I would not be surprised to see U.S. dealerships with M2CS sitting on their lot at some point as well.

///AVM

Not that anyone needs this to be pointed out to them, but Covid impact on economy and car sales will become increasingly apparent. Pre-Covid, good luck trying to get a 718 GT4 chassis build. Finding a new, unclaimed GT4 on dealership lot the equivalent of a small miracle. Will be interesting to see how long this one sits still . . .

https://www.porschebeachwood.com/det...5lk289171.html
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 11:18 AM   #1775
F87EVO
Major
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2 CS (6MT)

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87 M2CS View Post
Well, I am sure there are other factors in Australian vehicle pricing that make the differences in price significant.

The projected $85K in U.S. for M2CS is already bogus . . . but I am pretty certain even Dave would not consider the M2CS 'exclusive enough' to warrant $102K.

At any rate, clearly Australians are not lined up to get the M2CS, and I would not be surprised to see U.S. dealerships with M2CS sitting on their lot at some point as well.

///AVM

Not that anyone needs this to be pointed out to them, but Covid impact on economy and car sales will become increasingly apparent. Pre-Covid, good luck trying to get a 718 GT4 chassis build. Finding a new, unclaimed GT4 on dealership lot the equivalent of a small miracle. Will be interesting to see how long this one sits still . . .

https://www.porschebeachwood.com/det...5lk289171.html
Assuming that we are talking about a country with at least 25 Million population , and assuming as well that only 70 M2cs only are for the australian market , i dont think that the demand will be lower ! Its 20-25k more than a comp , but only 10K more than a basic M4 , but in a more special package :
      05-03-2020, 12:12 PM   #1776
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

@AVM you are correct. I'd have to jump ship at $102k. Probably lower actually. Im still debating CCB, which I'm guessing would put me at around $95k all in, which seems an ill move. That's going to be too close to c8 Z06 and gets me thinking about a GT3. Currently there isn't another 4 seat car like the M2CS that I feel passionate about.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 05:07 PM   #1777
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_vbkqXJ...d=9xoevam6ibfd

Last edited by medphysdave; 05-03-2020 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
JustChris17423.00
      05-03-2020, 07:15 PM   #1778
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Dave

Not sure I missed something, but all of the above images were the same to my eye?

Other than that, was there something more to the images than 'meets the eye?' They just appeared to be another image of a blue M2Cs with black wheels, suggesting I missed the point of your posting them?

///AVM
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 07:42 PM   #1779
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dave

Not sure I missed something, but all of the above images were the same to my eye?

Other than that, was there something more to the images than 'meets the eye?' They just appeared to be another image of a blue M2Cs with black wheels, suggesting I missed the point of your posting them?

///AVM
I edited it to just one link. I thought it gave a URL to each of the three pictures, but looks like it goes to the Instagram post and you can swipe to see other two images. Probably the most real world images of MB that I've seen. Had the gold wheels and red calipers.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      05-03-2020, 07:48 PM   #1780
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

I tried some printscreen and crop magic

Appreciate 0
      05-03-2020, 09:13 PM   #1781
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Dave

///AVM
In Australia M2C is USD$70k
M2cs is USD$98k

Drive away means final price including all taxes of which there are many. But Australian average salaries are generally higher than US.

For comparison drive away price on 992 Carrera 2s here is usd$210k

If you click the ad you will see the words "available to order". There no cars in the country.

So it's either click bait to get people to call or perhaps one or two people have dropped out.
Appreciate 1
///AVM2528.00
      05-03-2020, 09:16 PM   #1782
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Dave

///AVM
In Australia M2C is USD$70k
M2cs is USD$98k

Drive away means final price including all taxes of which there are many. But Australian average salaries are generally higher than US.

For comparison drive away price on 992 Carrera 2s here is usd$210k

If you click the ad you will see the words "available to order". There no cars in the country.

So it's either click bait to get people to call or perhaps one or two people have dropped out.
Thank you Davil.

Good feedback.

///AVM
Appreciate 0