BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Permanently turn off Rev Match via coding

12-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #67
Phantom_9192
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Just got my M2C and am also not a fan of auto rev-match. I heel/toe every downshift every time in my manuals (race, track, or street).
I've put 80 miles on my car now, none of them hard at all, and I noticed something specific about the rev match.

The rev match happens when you apply pressure to the specific gate you want to select. This makes sense as the ecu is waiting to see if you're going straight 4->2 for instance as opposed to 4->3->2 so it can appropriately rev-match.
As such, I'm thinking if I delay that pressure for just a tick and throttle blip on my own, then apply pressure and engage the gear (clutch still in obviously), then I'll control the rev-matching. This would allow me to keep doing what I love to do without having to go DSC off or code the rev-match out.
When I get to drive the car a bit more in anger post-break-in I'll try to remember to update this note to see if my strategy works.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 01:35 PM   #68
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Yes this is the normal behavior in the M2C. You can do it on your own, and if you do it well enough the machine won‘t interfere with you!

This also worked on the LCI M2 i test drove, but the overall implementation in the M2C seems better. This for both auto rev match and if you want to do it on your own.

I see no real need to disable it entirely because of that, you can enjoy both worlds as you like to
Appreciate 0
      04-02-2019, 04:18 PM   #69
Ftpohyeah
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
2022 X3 M Competition  [0.00]
2024 BMW  [10.00]
M2 comp owner here. Reason im reviving this older thread because theres less traffic under the m2c forum.

My topic is regarding coding off the auto rev match. I coded it off via bimmercode and now i know why my car was immune to stalling! This is my first bmw and first m and first car with these newer features.

Whats strange is that i actually like auto rev match! Or perhaps just the auto gas because i hated down shifting and so i drove with DSC OFF 90% of the time so auto rev isnt on.

Heres my question. Does anyone notice less oversteer since coding "start engine without clutch" even with DCS OFF?
It could be my imagination but the 2 days ive been driving i feel like the car doesnt oversteer like how it usually does.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2019, 08:12 PM   #70
SOM_M2C44
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 SOM M2C, '24 Dravit M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_9192 View Post
Just got my M2C and am also not a fan of auto rev-match. I heel/toe every downshift every time in my manuals (race, track, or street).
I've put 80 miles on my car now, none of them hard at all, and I noticed something specific about the rev match.

The rev match happens when you apply pressure to the specific gate you want to select. This makes sense as the ecu is waiting to see if you're going straight 4->2 for instance as opposed to 4->3->2 so it can appropriately rev-match.
As such, I'm thinking if I delay that pressure for just a tick and throttle blip on my own, then apply pressure and engage the gear (clutch still in obviously), then I'll control the rev-matching. This would allow me to keep doing what I love to do without having to go DSC off or code the rev-match out.
When I get to drive the car a bit more in anger post-break-in I'll try to remember to update this note to see if my strategy works.
I've noticed the same thing. I drove it semi spiritedly and it definitely works. As long as the shifter has not been pressed against the gate of the gear you are shifting in to it will not blip and you can blip the throttle normally. Pretty cool I think.
      08-16-2020, 02:55 AM   #71
Happy77
Rep
Drives: BMW 118d

Hello everybody. did someone find a new code to turn off rev matching?
I tried to disable the strarting with clutch but i verified that every time i engaged the gear the engine encreased about 100rpm.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 12:00 AM   #72
asciimike
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy77 View Post
Hello everybody. did someone find a new code to turn off rev matching?
I tried to disable the strarting with clutch but i verified that every time i engaged the gear the engine encreased about 100rpm.
FEM_BODY > TCM_STARTLOCK_CLUTCH = nicht_aktiv

Did it for me. Is _BRAKE off as well? You'll know it works if it takes two button pushes to start the car, and if the second one requires you hold the button down until it starts. I actually like it much more than the "normal" mode... Not sure how I drove that way for so long.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 10:40 AM   #73
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

MHD now offer rev match on/off per mode e.g. comfort, sport, sport +?

very cool and sways me further away from BM3 now.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2020, 04:47 PM   #74
fysisist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2015 Lexus RC F

Just a warning, maybe needed, maybe not. I got very used to rev matching, not because I wanted to, just from driving it not knowing how to turn it off. OK, now I turned it off and just about went through the windshield on that first high speed downshift, just word to the wise.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 11:05 PM   #75
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
MHD now offer rev match on/off per mode e.g. comfort, sport, sport +?

very cool and sways me further away from BM3 now.
BM3 had offered this for a while now on any map including their ots maps.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 05:40 AM   #76
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackPride85 View Post
BM3 had offered this for a while now on any map including their ots maps.
Yeh just realised BM3 has it too the other day when I was reading.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #77
fysisist
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 6MT, 2015 Lexus RC F

I can also confirm. It does change the sequence of starting the engine. You push once, then put in the clutch and press for about 2 - 3 seconds to start the engine.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:44 AM   #78
Happy77
Rep

Deactivated

My code:
TCM_STARTLOCK_BRAKE => nicht_aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_CLUTCH => nicht_aktiv
TCM_STARTLOCK_DRIVINGREADINESS => nicht_aktiv
Rev matching deactivated.
I confirm double pressure on start button and a little increase in about 200 RPM when i stop the car and engaged every gear. If i push break it comes back to minimu.
i dream a world where i can turn off rev matching permanently without side effect!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2021, 07:59 AM   #79
Happy77
Rep

New setting

Here you are a new setting by bimmercode:
FEM / EXPERT MODE / 3020 Tc MASTER:

TCM_STARTLOCK_BRAKE =>aktiv

You start engine with only one push of button and getting down bouth pedal (Brake + clutch)
I confirm in this setting too a little increase in about 200 RPM when i stop the car and engaged every gear.

I find more confortable this setting. I hated to push buttons two times by first setting.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2021, 03:09 PM   #80
MMRlight
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Quote:

You start engine with only one push of button and getting down bouth pedal (Brake + clutch)
I confirm in this setting too a little increase in about 200 RPM when i stop the car and engaged every gear.

I find more confortable this setting. I hated to push buttons two times by first setting.
Does this work for the new 2021 M2 C's? I read something about the ecu not being unlocked but not sure if this was accurate.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 09:55 PM   #81
jeshua
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Manual 6Speed

Trouble Setting "Start without clutch"- "not active" on bimmercode

I Cannot find the category "start without clutch" under "Front electronic module" that has been previously mentioned in this thread on bimmercode while connected to my 2017 m240i manual 6 speed. anyone having the same issue? or does anyone know what i might be missing
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 10:07 PM   #82
jeshua
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i Manual 6Speed

possible solve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Ran into a glitch with the 2018 F87. Seems that "start engine without clutch" in regular mode shows not active as the default value that is turned on.
Had to go into expert mode in FEM_01, go to Group 3020. TCM_STARTLOCK_CLUTCH and change there from "aktiv" to "nicht_aktiv" and complete the coding.

I didn't read every post in this thread to see if someone else had this issue and IDK if it was just my car or all 2018s or something with Bimmercode but if anyone has this issue, that's how to get around it...

It's very nice to have this turned off. The car behaves like a normal car now. The wife will like it too.
i think this may be my solution< will report back once tried
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2021, 04:44 PM   #83
haihai918
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model YP

Quote:

Thanks OP, it works. However, it feels a little weird and not unnatural. Any idea? Switched back to auto-rev match.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2022, 02:26 PM   #84
RobManser
Rep
Drives: 2016 530d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeshua View Post
I Cannot find the category "start without clutch" under "Front electronic module" that has been previously mentioned in this thread on bimmercode while connected to my 2017 m240i manual 6 speed. anyone having the same issue? or does anyone know what i might be missing
Did you ever get this sorted? I'm three years into owning my first auto and fed up with it, so want to buy a manual. I'm looking at 240i, M2, 340i and M4; but I must be able to turn off this stupid rev-matching feature - it's enough to put me off the car altogether. I e-mailed Bimmercode and got a quick reply back that they can't guarantee it's a setting that I can change, so I'm interested to know which cars the settings works on, because it'll affect which car I buy.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 06:15 AM   #85
LLB-M2
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 (N55)

Another question about rev matching.
Do you all use the stock pedals? Have big feet, wear US12. But for me to try rev matching manual isnt possible without getting a hard brake impulse. While do a normal brake in traffic, the difference way from brake to gas is so far away, i cant well dosed it.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2022, 02:37 PM   #86
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

I would note that my LCI 6MT - after 4 years of the way I drive it - it makes no attempt to rev-match.

The battery went flat during early 2020 Lockdown, but it quickly relearnt that it didn't need to intervene.

HTH
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2023, 03:54 AM   #87
Happy77
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
I would note that my LCI 6MT - after 4 years of the way I drive it - it makes no attempt to rev-match.

The battery went flat during early 2020 Lockdown, but it quickly relearnt that it didn't need to intervene.

HTH

I m talking about manual gear
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 10:31 PM   #88
stlb5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C MT, '15 X5 Msport

Quote:

Just go my car and I believe these are the settings it is in. What do the settings need to be if I want a normal clutch in start up and rev match?
Appreciate 0