BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Swedish base and option prices

12-02-2016, 03:56 AM   #683
F1zbo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 G80 xDrive

Hi guys,

Awaiting confirmation of pick up date from my dealer

Hopefully I will pick it up next week. Super excited even if the season is crap.

Mine will be my DD so it will se a little bit of winter driving, but not that much as I live super close to my office.

The car will be fitted with the 18" 640M with Michelin Pilot A4, 235s square set up.

The build is a Mineral Gray M-DCT with just a few extras to keep price down (and weight )

Br
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 07:21 AM   #684
metrickid
Dinosaur supervisor
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E91 318d

I have Pilot Alpin PA4 in the stock sizes on the stock wheels and the car behaves almost like with the summer tires. No need to drive anything else during the winter guys...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2016, 03:25 PM   #685
Robban
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Mine is tucked away for the winter.
Could drive it a couple of weeks before put away for the winter.
Thinking of maybe upgrade to the carbon Mperformance rear spoiler.
Anything I should think of when doing this mod? Appreciate all feedback.
Will also mount my H&R spacers, modified 6 mm with hub centre on rear and 10 mm up front.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-10-2016, 12:00 PM   #686
Makman
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BSM M2

Mine has been asleep for a while. Sometimes the porsche joins, when its cold and snowy outside.

I MISS DRIVING THE M2 SO MUCH. Give me summer please.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 01:04 PM   #687
swoosh_SE
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 (6MT AW)

Hi! Long-time lurker and very tempted to get my first M car, ideally during 2017.

Meeting my dealer tomorrow to discuss, but wanted to run by you guys first. Judging from these 32 pages, it seems there is no sure thing when it comes to probable delivery date. However, would you say that the early customers have now mostly gotten their cars, and BMW is starting to catch up with supply (i.e. easier to get a new car in 2017)?

Alternatively, would I be a fool if I were to get one of the cars currently on bmw.se (demos I guess), instead of waiting for the LCI? Or if I order a new one, do you think I can expect the same kind of painful wait for the MY2018 as most of you did with your cars?

Last edited by swoosh_SE; 12-18-2016 at 01:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 06:41 AM   #688
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoosh_SE View Post
Hi! Long-time lurker and very tempted to get my first M car, ideally during 2017.

Meeting my dealer tomorrow to discuss, but wanted to run by you guys first. Judging from these 32 pages, it seems there is no sure thing when it comes to probable delivery date. However, would you say that the early customers have now mostly gotten their cars, and BMW is starting to catch up with supply (i.e. easier to get a new car in 2017)?

Alternatively, would I be a fool if I were to get one of the cars currently on bmw.se (demos I guess), instead of waiting for the LCI? Or if I order a new one, do you think I can expect the same kind of painful wait for the MY2018 as most of you did with your cars?

I ordered in June. This is what I know.

First he said that the car would be delivered in November 2017. I asked every now and then if things changed and he just kept saying "we don't know". Then out of the blue on November 17 he told me that my car was scheduled for delivery in February. I wasn't really prepared as I wasn't expecting it and had some other plans but got such a nice deal that I couldn't refuse. (I will pay ~$6k under what they are asking for 1 year old used cars)

Supposedly BMW Sweden and it's dealers got ONE OFF special extra allocations to eradicate the super long waiting list of about 18 months.

Basically I think everyone who's ordered an M2 up to September/October will get their car before next summer.

What next? Well. I don't know. I've heard that if you walk into a dealer today they won't be able to guarantee delivery during 2017. But that could be just talk. It will be easier to get one than it has been though. Many got their allocations now and quite a few will probably turn it down because they were surprised just like I was. So if they tell you "no", then take your time and make a few calls...

Please report back with what they tell you!
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2016, 11:27 AM   #689
swoosh_SE
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
I ordered in June. This is what I know.

Please report back with what they tell you!

So, just came from the dealer. He said delivery would be in about 12 months. He happened to have a HEA which he naturally was eager to sell, so maybe he tried to "scare" me with the 12 months delivery time..

Would you say it's still impossible for any dealer to give an estimate like that? He didn't check his list, but he had about 3-4 currently on the list, he said. Would you demand to see that list?

A 12 month delivery time would actually suit me quite well. Do you think there's a risk in ordering now and being say #5 or #6 for that dealer? I mean, could I end up completely without a car, even during the entire 2018?

ps. Are the amount of cars given per dealer set beforehand, or does it depend on how many orders each dealer has? For example, if a dealer in Stockholm has 20 people on the list, while a dealer in Göteborg has 10 people, do they still get the same amount of cars?

A lot of questions showcases my eagerness to become an M2 owner.. Thank you for your insights!

Last edited by swoosh_SE; 12-19-2016 at 11:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 02:37 AM   #690
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

I think he's telling the truth even if I can't guarantee it. I don't think their incentive for selling their HEA is so great that they will lie to people. That will eventually come back and hurt them long term.

I don't really know how the list works but I think it's a mutual list for all dealers, ie the list is at BMW Sverige and not at the dealers. I don't think it's like in the US where there are separate waiting lists for each dealership.

I know for a fact that different dealerships share the same ordering system and that they can see orders made from other dealerships. A friend had to order a car from Västerås due to his employer but since he lives in Uppsala he test drove the car here. He gave different email addresses but then Novation emailed him at the address he gave to M-Bilar.

It can be a good idea to "ringa runt" and ask though because maybe some dealer's got a customer who dropped off his M2 order and need someone to take over the slot.

Why do you want the car next December? Horrible timing IMO.

Quote:
So, just came from the dealer. He said delivery would be in about 12 months. He happened to have a HEA which he naturally was eager to sell, so maybe he tried to "scare" me with the 12 months delivery time..

Would you say it's still impossible for any dealer to give an estimate like that? He didn't check his list, but he had about 3-4 currently on the list, he said. Would you demand to see that list?

A 12 month delivery time would actually suit me quite well. Do you think there's a risk in ordering now and being say #5 or #6 for that dealer? I mean, could I end up completely without a car, even during the entire 2018?

ps. Are the amount of cars given per dealer set beforehand, or does it depend on how many orders each dealer has? For example, if a dealer in Stockholm has 20 people on the list, while a dealer in Göteborg has 10 people, do they still get the same amount of cars?

A lot of questions showcases my eagerness to become an M2 owner.. Thank you for your insights!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 02:42 AM   #691
swoosh_SE
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep

Quote:

Why do you want the car next December? Horrible timing IMO.
Thanks!

Due to work out of Sweden (where I can't bring my car), a delivery in maybe jan/feb/mar 2018 would be great. The waiting however...

If the waiting lists are national, would there be any other reason than haggling for a "ringa runt"-campaign? Let's say I get two identical prices from two different dealers, then theoretically there would be no difference in delivery date, right?
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 08:19 AM   #692
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

Due to work out of Sweden (where I can't bring my car), a delivery in maybe jan/feb/mar 2018 would be great. The waiting however...

If the waiting lists are national, would there be any other reason than haggling for a "ringa runt"-campaign? Let's say I get two identical prices from two different dealers, then theoretically there would be no difference in delivery date, right?
The "ringa runt" strategy is mostly for locating factory slots where the original buyer backed out. I don't think those cars go back into the central waiting list. Normally the buyer would still be obliged to buy the car by contract but there are exceptions. Returning customers, customers to opted to upgrade to a more expensive car, people (like me) who were on the waiting list for a long while without signing a contract etc etc... And even if the customer is obliged to buy the car the dealership will still be likely to help him out by finding another customer if possible to keep everyone happy.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2016, 04:28 PM   #693
swoosh_SE
Enlisted Member
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
The "ringa runt" strategy is mostly for locating factory slots where the original buyer backed out. I don't think those cars go back into the central waiting list. Normally the buyer would still be obliged to buy the car by contract but there are exceptions. Returning customers, customers to opted to upgrade to a more expensive car, people (like me) who were on the waiting list for a long while without signing a contract etc etc... And even if the customer is obliged to buy the car the dealership will still be likely to help him out by finding another customer if possible to keep everyone happy.
Truly appreciate your helpfulness Verdi!

So, to summarise. Let's say I'd be fine with a car jan/feb/mar 2018, then I could basically walk in to any dealer and really doesn't matter?

And what's the best way to ensure I'll be on the actual list for a car, and not just be forgotten along the way and realise this way too late?

Could someone recommend a good dealer (and salesman) in the greater Stockholm area?

Last edited by swoosh_SE; 12-21-2016 at 04:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2016, 06:14 AM   #694
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep

Quote:
Truly appreciate your helpfulness Verdi!

So, to summarise. Let's say I'd be fine with a car jan/feb/mar 2018, then I could basically walk in to any dealer and really doesn't matter?

And what's the best way to ensure I'll be on the actual list for a car, and not just be forgotten along the way and realise this way too late?

Could someone recommend a good dealer (and salesman) in the greater Stockholm area?
I don't think it matters, no. I've heard that the waiting time is indeed around 12 months at the moment.

Supposedly some dealers have made orders for M2s which are not already sold to a customer and those cars will be available for sale this spring. Most of them are probably fully loaded and will be quite expensive.

I guess you just have to trust your dealer. You could remind him every now and then. Ask if the waiting time has changed and such things.

I live in Uppsala but will buy from ProAuto in Norrköping although I maybe should buy from Novation. It's a long story. I also like Fredrik H at M-bilar in Västerås. He's supposedly the guy who sells the most BMW cars in all of Sweden. He's usually stressed out but also a friendly down to earth kind of guy with an exceptional memory!

I know next to nothing about the bigger dealerships in Stockholm. I've heard some bad things about Solna but it could be down to them being so large.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2020, 02:02 PM   #695
kalle-wes
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

I would check at scstyling.com - they have quite a wide range of parts for BMW cars.
Appreciate 0