BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > MPE v Stock exhaust

View Poll Results: Do you prefer the MPE or stock exhaust?
MPE, and I've heard both in real life 66 55.93%
Stock, and I've heard both in real life 19 16.10%
MPE, though I've heard at least one of the two in videos only 16 13.56%
Stock, though I've heard at least one of the two in videos only 17 14.41%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

07-07-2020, 10:14 PM   #23
wanofakind01
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW M2 6MT, '16 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
I had asked in another thread - but how loud in-cabin is the MPE in comfort mode with valve closed compared to stock comfort mode? Someone had mentioned to me that it's actually quieter than stock in comfort with valve closed? I was keen to pick up an MPE but was really hoping that it can be tame when necessary and bonkers with the click of a button and change in drive mode.

Can people share their experiences if the MPE has this two-side character that I'm looking for especially when compared with stock?
Valves closed in comfort MPE is marginally louder than stock, pretty tame but still sounds really good.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2020, 03:09 AM   #24
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanofakind01 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWF87Melb View Post
I had asked in another thread - but how loud in-cabin is the MPE in comfort mode with valve closed compared to stock comfort mode? Someone had mentioned to me that it's actually quieter than stock in comfort with valve closed? I was keen to pick up an MPE but was really hoping that it can be tame when necessary and bonkers with the click of a button and change in drive mode.

Can people share their experiences if the MPE has this two-side character that I'm looking for especially when compared with stock?
Valves closed in comfort MPE is marginally louder than stock, pretty tame but still sounds really good.
Cools - thanks for that. It sounds like it might be the ideal exhaust for me then!

Don't get me wrong I like a loud exhaust but I do just want things civil and quiet when needed!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 02:11 AM   #25
whitesharkM2
M2 LCI WHITE
Thailand
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI 2018 AT

MPE + Fabspeed Sport Cat Best of Sound
Appreciate 0