BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > N55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Help, my M2 has no exhaust burbles

07-02-2020, 08:30 AM   #45
BMWF87Melb
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: VW Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM_F30_F87 View Post
My stock exhaust wasn't burbling after I brought it out of winter storage. If yours is stock, have your dealer check if the Electrical exhaust flap controller (EAKS) is working.
Is there anyway to check yourself if there is an issue with the EAKs? So after you got this fixed, your burbles returned back?

My car has some quiet burbles but they only sound like they're coming from the right hand side. Can't hear anything from the left side!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2020, 07:45 PM   #46
Irielion
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by tihwa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
The burbles come after you let off the gas

Short press of traction should give most
I let off the gas there no any burbles on traction mode.
Do you have MPE exhaust? If so then make sure the flap is open. If you don't have the MPE, there's a secret way of opening the flaps which you can YouTube, but I believe is you press button once to put into MDM and then press gas pedal fully once (when car is switched on but not cranked yet). MDM with flaps open gives the most burbles
Thank you very much
You're welcome. Let us know if it worked. Here's the video of the secret exhaust mode or to open the flaps on a non MPE exhaust:

everything was fine until I replaced the new charge pipe. I'm not sure it had anything to do with this. I have the Stock exhaust.:
That's strange! When I switched from the stock chargepipe to a cvt chagepipe, the burbles were a lot louder! I have a M2 Lci with M Performance Exhaust and Wagner decat Downpipe
Appreciate 0