BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Ordered m2c for June in January

04-30-2020, 11:28 AM   #45
somberlaine
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (ED 6/6/19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auggiem3 View Post
Same here - they gave me the same date as you - June 23rd. I asked for late August. No word yet
The Welt is reopening on May 4th so you may start seeing some movement on your ED next week. I suggest you contact US ED Department next week. they typically have more up to date info vs. dealership
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2020, 11:33 AM   #46
JCZ5
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Quote:
Same here - they gave me the same date as you - June 23rd. I asked for late August. No word yet
The Welt is reopening on May 4th so you may start seeing some movement on your ED next week. I suggest you contact US ED Department next week. they typically have more up to date info vs. dealership
But the question remains if travel restrictions will ease up for both countries AND if you will feel comfortable traveling during these times.

I sense it will definitely be disrupted not due to capacity, but interest from the owners
      06-09-2020, 06:57 AM   #47
auggiem3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C & E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCZ5 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by somberlaine View Post
Quote:
But the question remains if travel restrictions will ease up for both countries AND if you will feel comfortable traveling during these times.

I sense it will definitely be disrupted not due to capacity, but interest from the owners
I was initially scheduled for a late May ED. Due to production delays they pushed all the May deliveries to June 23rd (you could request other times).

My Hockenheim M2C was built last week.

As of today, Germany is still not allowing tourist Visa entry so I've been moved again to July.

It looks like Germany releases new info on boarder crossing for covid on the 15th of each month effective 30 days later (June's update takes effect on July 15) so fingers crossed but realistically not expecting July to materialize.

I suspect I can continue to move out dates but with the European Delivery program terminating in September, that's probably the latest BMW will let me hold out hope for a Welt pickup.
Appreciate 0