BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2C Allocation and discount on MSRP

05-11-2021, 10:31 PM   #23
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainf18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Wrex View Post
My dealer told me yesterday that BMW has extended the F87 into 22 and they are taking orders for the 22 model now FWIW.
Interesting...can you name the dealer and their source for the this news?
A dealer told me model year 2019 was the last year for m2c. Dealers don't know anything. Insiders post the start and end date on the forum for all the cars, they would have updated the post that keeps track of these dates with an update to the m2 if that were true.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 07:14 AM   #24
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

If the allocation falls thru, there are a couple of really nice looking MT M4's in the Roundel classifieds, and MT M2's seem to slowly turn up at a fairly regular rate (not to suggest that people are actually not as in-love w/ MT as they thought they should be or anything....).

And PCD is free, and a great time. Unless you have something against it, I'd do it for sure. None of the M-school stuff will compare to a real HPDE, but it is lots of fun. You'll get to drive somebody else's M2C on a wet skidpad and a little tracking, plus top notch intro session to learn all the details. It does mean you'll be scrubbing the bugs off before you get to add PPF if that is a big thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 08:44 AM   #25
Zero23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT, '22 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Thank you

Thank you
How's the difference in drive and handling as compared to CTR? I have a 435ix on coiloves but the CTR suspension feels way better, it feels very planted on corners.
Its VERY different. The CTR's handling and suspension makes the M2C feel sloppy honestly. This is a trade-off that I can accept though because it feels really good to be back in a RWD Torque monster. The ride is stiff like a mix of some sport mode and a lot of +R mode, but all the time. I didn't realize how much I liked EDC until now.

The only things I miss in the R are the gearbox and the bucket seats. The M seats are just not as supportive as the R seats. While the R gearbox and 2nd gear is far from perfect, the shifts felt more direct. I had to slow my shifting down with the M gearbox a little. There's a weird rubbery feel to it, can't really describe.

With the CTR, I was confident in every turn and twist, as it was pinpoint precision. The M2C has gobs of power to make up for the lack of said precision. By no means is it bad, it's just directly compared between the two, it's not as precise as the R. It is a different kind of fun but I'm loving it so far.
Appreciate 2
CFO277.00
      05-12-2021, 09:36 AM   #26
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post
Its VERY different. The CTR's handling and suspension makes the M2C feel sloppy honestly. This is a trade-off that I can accept though because it feels really good to be back in a RWD Torque monster. The ride is stiff like a mix of some sport mode and a lot of +R mode, but all the time. I didn't realize how much I liked EDC until now.

The only things I miss in the R are the gearbox and the bucket seats. The M seats are just not as supportive as the R seats. While the R gearbox and 2nd gear is far from perfect, the shifts felt more direct. I had to slow my shifting down with the M gearbox a little. There's a weird rubbery feel to it, can't really describe.

With the CTR, I was confident in every turn and twist, as it was pinpoint precision. The M2C has gobs of power to make up for the lack of said precision. By no means is it bad, it's just directly compared between the two, it's not as precise as the R. It is a different kind of fun but I'm loving it so far.
We test drove an OG M2 yesterday and the suspension didn't feel anywhere close to that of CTR. I didn't realize how bad the suspension on my BMW was until I rode in the TR, they really knocked it out of the park with suspension and handling. You are right about the seats too, I'm 6' ~170lbs and I've to pull myself out of those seats They hold you pretty snug. Are you planning to upgrade the suspension or lower the car? Do they have any HAS kit for this car?
Appreciate 1
Zero2322.50
      05-12-2021, 09:57 AM   #27
Zero23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT, '22 X3M Comp

Quote:
We test drove an OG M2 yesterday and the suspension didn't feel anywhere close to that of CTR. I didn't realize how bad the suspension on my BMW was until I rode in the TR, they really knocked it out of the park with suspension and handling. You are right about the seats too, I'm 6' ~170lbs and I've to pull myself out of those seats They hold you pretty snug. Are you planning to upgrade the suspension or lower the car? Do they have any HAS kit for this car?
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I was really surprised, and it made me appreciate the R a lot more. I have a feeling I'll be looking to get another R in the future, that car was truly such a fun driving car.

Looks like KW makes a kit, but I'm not looking to upgrade anything yet. I'm just learning how this car behaves. Have to tame the new beast first
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2021, 10:59 AM   #28
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Quote:
I'm glad I'm not the only one who felt that way. I was really surprised, and it made me appreciate the R a lot more. I have a feeling I'll be looking to get another R in the future, that car was truly such a fun driving car.

Looks like KW makes a kit, but I'm not looking to upgrade anything yet. I'm just learning how this car behaves. Have to tame the new beast first
I really am not surprised by your type r suspension comments because the m2's is simply not thay good... i have a comp and the suspension is really bad when you are either on bouncy, crooked or non perfect surfaces... i just dont get how a car for just over half price can have a better out of the box setup
      05-12-2021, 12:55 PM   #29
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Quote:

As a former FG2 and FD2 (oh yes ) owner the choice of the M2C over the CTR, was the last one I made as I pro/con'd all the options out there to get down to one to buy. But agree that maybe the next gen (the 'last' all petrol engine one?) might need to be a future purchase.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2021, 08:21 PM   #30
J93Z
Rep
Drives: M2

OP not sure if this helps, but last July I purchased a 2020 M2C from Budds' BMW.

Options:
- Black Sapphire Metallic
- DCT
- Harmon Kardon Sound
- Sunroof

Got it for $78K @ 1.99. Would recommend these Budds' if you're in the GTA.
Appreciate 1
      05-13-2021, 04:32 PM   #31
m0g24
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: S2K to M2C

I think discounts on MSRP are a thing of the past as demand has now far exceeded supply.

I've been on the hunt and Pacific BMW is taking advantage of the market by raising their price by $5k above invoice!

I don't judge anybody and understand they are just doing what the market dictates, but it really leaves people in my position frustrated. Much like the CA housing market
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2021, 06:26 PM   #32
seanchen95
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2C (On Order) | 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0g24 View Post
I think discounts on MSRP are a thing of the past as demand has now far exceeded supply.

I've been on the hunt and Pacific BMW is taking advantage of the market by raising their price by $5k above invoice!

I don't judge anybody and understand they are just doing what the market dictates, but it really leaves people in my position frustrated. Much like the CA housing market
Wow that's shitty. Irvine BMW gave me 500 off for a June production allocation.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 06:24 AM   #33
bromudez
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by J93Z View Post
OP not sure if this helps, but last July I purchased a 2020 M2C from Budds' BMW.

Options:
- DCT
- Harmon Kardon Sound
- Sunroof

What spec, wheels etc if you don’t mind me asking?

I wonder if the M2C market in Canada is as hot
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 09:24 PM   #34
jjschube
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

I got $1500 off and Mperformance floor mats. Should be here late summer. It was really hard to get the discount.

HS
Manual
Executive
Blue Stitching seats
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2021, 06:50 PM   #35
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjschube View Post
I got $1500 off and Mperformance floor mats. Should be here late summer. It was really hard to get the discount.

HS
Manual
Executive
Blue Stitching seats
I think you did very well...I would have assumed they would have had no problem moving that allocation at MSRP, but each situation is unique I am sure. Nice one!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 12:54 AM   #36
jjschube
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2C

Thanks man, yes very happy! The other dealers in Colorado wouldn't budge one penny off MSRP.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 05:57 PM   #37
CptSL0W
Private
Rep
Drives: 17 WRX/21 M2C 6MT (Ordered)

Quote:

HS
Manual
Executive
Blue Stitching seats
I ordered the same build mid April in Chicago and only managed to get $1k off. I feel like I lucked out as well, but I guess I’ll be happy once I finally get the car sometime next month.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 10:56 AM   #38
fryrice
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2c

OP any luck in finding the M2C? Im also in the market for one and trying to get that 0.9% for 60 months finance, which is an awesome deal.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 02:03 PM   #39
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by J93Z View Post

Options:
- DCT
- Harmon Kardon Sound
- Sunroof

Quote:

HS
Manual
Executive
Blue Stitching seats
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryrice View Post
OP any luck in finding the M2C? Im also in the market for one and trying to get that 0.9% for 60 months finance, which is an awesome deal.
We booked one at MSRP. HS 6MT, Executive Pack with Sunroof. Financing hasn't been decided yet, for now we traded in the Civic Type R, I think we need to wait till the car gets here, should be under 2% for 60 months. Right now the status is "Scheduled For Production".

fryrice It's towards the end of production so you will have to act fast. Used ones are selling for a ridiculous price!

Last edited by thatBimmerBloke; 05-18-2021 at 02:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 11:01 AM   #40
fryrice
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks, just called my local dealer and they have an HS, 6MT, exe pkg, orange stitch coming in 2 wks.

I just gave them my deposit and they offer 2% off MSRP.

Its my first BMW and very excited for the car
Appreciate 3
      05-19-2021, 11:17 AM   #41
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryrice View Post
Thanks, just called my local dealer and they have an HS, 6MT, exe pkg, orange stitch coming in 2 wks.

I just gave them my deposit and they offer 2% off MSRP.

Its my first BMW and very excited for the car
Congrats, welcome to the club!
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 09:47 AM   #42
J93Z
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bromudez View Post
What spec, wheels etc if you don’t mind me asking?

I wonder if the M2C market in Canada is as hot
Got the 788M wheels - I think the demand for cars in general is just high right now, can't match supply
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2021, 01:31 PM   #43
fryrice
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

So not sure if this is the place to ask, but anyone dealt with the BMW Select program?

The online estimate is giving me a monthly payment of $551 about $56 difference per month different than the dealer provided. That is about $3360 in the life of the loan.

My sales rep said sales tax, doc fee is not factor into the BMW online calculator. The MSRP is $61,645, discount of $1233

Adj price = $60,412
Doc fee = $495
Tax (MA) = $3806.69
Non Tax fees= $170
Balance = $64,883.69

Down payment of $14000
60 months = $607
Balloon payment = $16,027.70
Appreciate 0