BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > M2C Allocation and discount on MSRP

05-11-2021, 11:33 AM   #1
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

M2C Allocation and discount on MSRP

I searched the forum but gathered some mixed info. Please point me to the right post or forum if it's available anywhere. My wife( got married last week Friday ) is looking to trade in her Civic Type R for a 6 speed M2C in hockenheim silver. We are visiting the dealer today. Searching online even cars with 1 or 2 owners and about 10-20k miles are selling for about $60k. We thought it'll probably be better to just order a new one. Is it easy to get an allocation and should I be asking for any kind of discount on MSRP? Any absolutely necessary add-ons that we should add to the build? M-Performance exhaust perhaps? Any info/suggestion will be highly appreciated. She has previously owned an M235i and only wants a manual.

Last edited by thatBimmerBloke; 05-11-2021 at 02:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 12:01 PM   #2
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

First off, congrats on the marriage!!

I think the window for getting/ordering a new one might be over. There are a few threads on this topic. And because it is at the end of the run before the new one comes out in a couple of years, I don't think you can expect much (if anything) off MSRP.

When I saw used prices for M2C (like you mentioned), I just decided to order a new one as well, seems like a no brainer for just $3k difference.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 12:24 PM   #3
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post

I think the window for getting/ordering a new one might be over. There are a few threads on this topic. And because it is at the end of the run before the new one comes out in a couple of years, I don't think you can expect much (if anything) off MSRP.

When I saw used prices for M2C (like you mentioned), I just decided to order a new one as well, seems like a no brainer for just $3k difference.

Good luck!
There may e a few allocations still available at smaller dealers but that is it. As for discounts, I would be surprised if any of them offered any with used cars selling at new MSRP and with limited availability, lifetime remaining.

OP, if you find an allocation, jump on it.

I was lucky enough to get one May 1, and now the clock is ticking.
Appreciate 2
      05-11-2021, 02:12 PM   #4
seanchen95
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2C (On Order) | 2011

I got allegedly the last allocation at one of the high volume dealers here in SoCal last week with a production date in June. Spec'ed it in HS with a manual trans & slick top. As for discount, I got $500 off MSRP and they wouldn't drop it one more cent.

I remember late last year I was offered 2k off msrp on an allocation but passed up on it…

There might still be some out there you just have to call up the dealerships around you, fast, as production ends in June.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 03:18 PM   #5
Zero23
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT, '22 X3M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
I searched the forum but gathered some mixed info. Please point me to the right post or forum if it's available anywhere. My wife( got married last week Friday ) is looking to trade in her Civic Type R for a 6 speed M2C in hockenheim silver. We are visiting the dealer today. Searching online even cars with 1 or 2 owners and about 10-20k miles are selling for about $60k. We thought it'll probably be better to just order a new one. Is it easy to get an allocation and should I be asking for any kind of discount on MSRP? Any absolutely necessary add-ons that we should add to the build? M-Performance exhaust perhaps? Any info/suggestion will be highly appreciated. She has previously owned an M235i and only wants a manual.
Congrats on the marriage!!!!

I just did the same swap actually. Traded in my 18 CTR for a new 21 M2C Manual. The used car market is out of control right now and used ones are going for just as much as new ones. I know production is halting in June for this gen M2C so if you are looking to get one, it might be difficult. I originally was going to order my car and claimed the last allocation available at my local dealer but someone didn't pick up their M2C and it was spec'ed the same way I was looking for so I decided not to wait a few months.

I hope you can find an allocation and it works out for you!
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 03:44 PM   #6
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Couple things you can do...
- Get on kilter.com and see which dealers purport to have M2s 'coming soon' and email/online chat/ring them.
- Cold call/cold chat dealers and ask - that's actually how I got mine, after the first dealer I was getting one from were continually rubbish and I went looking for another.

Honestly that is about it. I left it late and picked up one of the late April allocations (for mid May production) and I was still getting pinged by dealers asking if I still needed an allocation until the end of April, but I've not heard a peep since, likely indicating that's cause they've sold them all.

Good luck on the search, but you may need to get lucky like Zero did and fall into an order someone bailed on.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 03:52 PM   #7
burtonsbs5114
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2c. LBB, 6mt

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats on the marriage!

I also ran into the same problem. I am selling my e92M because of how used car prices are. I was looking at used M2Cs and they were all going for basically new car pricing. I called a few local dealers here in So. Florida and no one had allocation. I actually called Bergstrom in Appleton, WI (Enterprise BMW, my BMW dealer when I lived in Green Bay (just moved to FL) and they were able to get an allocation for me. This was a few weeks ago. I would suggest giving them a call. Ask for Sam and tell him Aaron K sent you.
      05-11-2021, 04:35 PM   #8
mrexcuse
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Tiguan, M2 Comp, 330 Touring

Likely just whatever is in stock - managed to get an allocation in April for June delivery some time at about 6% off MSRP. (This is in Canada) so not sure how much different it is in the US. As suggested above I would call as many dealers as you can and see what they have - sometimes there is someone who cancels the order or they end up getting stuck with something. I had to call about 5 dealers in the area before I got the deal - most were around MSRP or gave 1000 off.

Good luck!
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 04:46 PM   #9
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Good luck!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post

I just did the same swap actually. Traded in my 18 CTR for a new 21 M2C Manual. . . .
Thank you
How's the difference in drive and handling as compared to CTR? I have a 435ix on coiloves but the CTR suspension feels way better, it feels very planted on corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsbs5114 View Post

I also ran into the same problem. I am selling my e92M because of how used car prices are. I was looking at used M2Cs and they were all going for basically new car pricing. I called a few local dealers here in So. Florida and no one had allocation. I actually called Bergstrom in Appleton, WI (Enterprise BMW, my BMW dealer when I lived in Green Bay (just moved to FL) and they were able to get an allocation for me. This was a few weeks ago. I would suggest giving them a call. Ask for Sam and tell him Aaron K sent you.
Thank you We are in Milwaukee area, both dealers so far have claimed they can get one allocated for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M2C View Post
There may e a few allocations still available at smaller dealers but that is it. As for discounts, I would be surprised if any of them offered any with used cars selling at new MSRP and with limited availability, lifetime remaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanchen95 View Post
I got allegedly the last allocation at one of the high volume dealers here in SoCal last week with a production date in June. Spec'ed it in HS with a manual trans & slick top. As for discount, I got $500 off MSRP and they wouldn't drop it one more cent.

I remember late last year I was offered 2k off msrp on an allocation but passed up on it…

There might still be some out there you just have to call up the dealerships around you, fast, as production ends in June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post
- Get on kilter.com and see which dealers purport to have M2s 'coming soon' and email/online chat/ring them.
- Cold call/cold chat dealers and ask - that's actually how I got mine, after the first dealer I was getting one from were continually rubbish and I went looking for another.

Honestly that is about it. I left it late and picked up one of the late April allocations (for mid May production) and I was still getting pinged by dealers asking if I still needed an allocation until the end of April, but I've not heard a peep since, likely indicating that's cause they've sold them all.

Good luck on the search, but you may need to get lucky like Zero did and fall into an order someone bailed on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrexcuse View Post
Likely just whatever is in stock - managed to get an allocation in April for June delivery some time at about 6% off MSRP. (This is in Canada) so not sure how much different it is in the US. As suggested above I would call as many dealers as you can and see what they have - sometimes there is someone who cancels the order or they end up getting stuck with something. I had to call about 5 dealers in the area before I got the deal - most were around MSRP or gave 1000 off.

Good luck!
Thanks guys, both dealers around us have claimed they could get one allocated for us, they are giving a good trade-in price for the Civic Type R and M2C will be for MSRP. We have forwarded our info to one of the dealers and asked them to start the process. It'll be Hockenheim silver 6MT with the executive package and sunroof. Is PCD worth it? Will the driving/teaching experience be same as 1 day M driving school that comes with $2500 additional package along with speed limit removal?
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 05:22 PM   #10
mrexcuse
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: Tiguan, M2 Comp, 330 Touring

I wouldn't pay for the BMW driving school (unless they toss it in at no charge)- look for a local BMW club. The one near my area usually does a 2 day track school for 700 CDN. No lunch or anything. Usually it is the same instructors doing it.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 05:37 PM   #11
tjsabec
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008, e90, alpine white, 6mt

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck!
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero23 View Post

I just did the same swap actually. Traded in my 18 CTR for a new 21 M2C Manual. . . .
Thank you
How's the difference in drive and handling as compared to CTR? I have a 435ix on coiloves but the CTR suspension feels way better, it feels very planted on corners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsbs5114 View Post

Thank you We are in Milwaukee area, both dealers so far have claimed they can get one allocated for us.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanchen95 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Canuck View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrexcuse View Post

Good luck!
Thanks guys, both dealers around us have claimed they could get one allocated for us, they are giving a good trade-in price for the Civic Type R and M2C will be for MSRP. We have forwarded our info to one of the dealers and asked them to start the process. It'll be Hockenheim silver 6MT with the executive package and sunroof. Is PCD worth it? Will the driving/teaching experience be same as 1 day M driving school that comes with $2500 additional package along with speed limit removal?
It seems unlikely but not impossible that the two dealers you contacted can get an allocation no problem. I'd really push to make sure they are guaranteeing an allocation, because if your deal falls through you probably wont have another opportunity. Just watch out because i have seen other stories on here where people never ended up with an allocation.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 05:49 PM   #12
M2Wrex
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Comp

My dealer told me yesterday that BMW has extended the F87 into 22 and they are taking orders for the 22 model now FWIW.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 05:52 PM   #13
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Wrex View Post
My dealer told me yesterday that BMW has extended the F87 into 22 and they are taking orders for the 22 model now FWIW.
But they ended production in europe in 2020...
I would be surprised if correct.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 06:13 PM   #14
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Quote:
      05-11-2021, 06:15 PM   #15
M2Wrex
Rep

Quote:
But they ended production in europe in 2020...
I would be surprised if correct.
Just going off what my dealer is saying. News that the G87 is likely pushed to 23 and the chip shortage production impacts make it believable.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 06:17 PM   #16
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just going off what my dealer is saying. News that the G87 is likely pushed to 23 and the chip shortage production impacts make it believable.
It's pure BS. I'll eat my airedale if it's true. Your dealer is lying.

Now the part about the G87 getting delayed - that's easy to believe. The supply chain/economic pain is just starting. It's gonna get MUCH worse.
cptobvious2531.50
      05-11-2021, 06:19 PM   #17
M2Wrex
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post

Now the part about the G87 getting delayed - that's easy to believe. The supply chain/economic pain is just starting. It's gonna get MUCH worse.
They may well be...I found the statement odd myself. Certainly caught my attention
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 06:51 PM   #18
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Quote:

You have an Airedale...I had three in my life...need to get another dog.
Airedale's are fantastic loyal dogs.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 08:28 PM   #19
thatBimmerBloke
Major
United_States
Rep

We got the build and production number from one dealer. Another dealer called a couple hours later and said he would be able to get the same car within a week, same color and options too. My wife was impatient otherwise the second dealer came up with a better option and also a better trade in price($1k more), we had already committed to the first dealer at that points.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2021, 09:22 PM   #20
JEM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M3 XDrive

There are still a few allocations out there, but all are selling at MSRP, no discounts. I ended up canceling my allocation because car wouldn't be here until mid/late summer, at which point I'm going to just try to sell my E46 and then see what to do from there.

If you guys go used, there's a pretty large thread about the used car market for M2C right now.

I've been searching myself for 2 months and haven't pulled the trigger because there's about a $6k-$7k mark up right now on these cars. There have been a few that came around at the right price and they usually sell within 24 hours.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2021, 10:09 PM   #21
brainf18
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 904 GTS, 2021 M2C

Quote:
Interesting...can you name the dealer and their source for the this news?
      05-11-2021, 10:26 PM   #22
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
You have an Airedale...I had three in my life...need to get another dog.
Airedale's are fantastic loyal dogs.
Nah, just a figure of speech I picked up someplace in the past. We do have 2 dogs, but both rescue mutts.

Disclaimer: no Airedales or any other creature will be harmed if that sales guy is somehow right!