BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > VIN specs & features of over 100 pre-production BMW M2 Competition cars

02-12-2018, 07:20 AM   #111
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Hi. Do you have the MP CF DCT gear selector? If so do you have a part number for it?

I understand you can get an MP CF Interior kit but it comprises 3 pieces of which I already have 2 from my M135i (gear surround and handbrake handle).

Dont want to have to buy the whole kit for the sake of the DCT part. I haven't been able to find a p/n anywhere.
It is not available separately. Only as a kit. Perhaps IND can ship it to you as a separate part, but the stealer only offers it as a complete kit.

MR
Appreciate 1
as7920597.00
      02-12-2018, 09:00 AM   #112
Motorsport_M
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Thought the same when I saw the 0-60 time, I call bs on this.
This time is crasy, same as for the TT-RS AWD no ?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #113
1bmwaddict
No music no life....
Rep
Drives: 22" F95

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
That can’t be real. It says M2 Competion Package to start with.
I can't tell you, and I can't show you the text because of the location. The text I got showed a a big tv... like they were doing a presentation. You might be true. Take a everything you see with a grain of salt
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2018, 09:13 AM   #114
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Dates aside, did anyone look at the 0-60 MPH times ? 3.6 seconds is GTS type times.

This will be a very impressive car if that is really true. On the M2 chassis and with a manual transmission, even adding 0.2 seconds to that time is very very quick.

Either that or BMW might have mistaken it with some other car.
Yeah, they traditionally sandbang their 0-60 times anyway, so is the car really going to do 0-60 in 3.3? I call as well on that one...
      02-12-2018, 09:14 AM   #115
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2024 Golf R / 2022 718 Spyder

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [10.00]
2007 328i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bmwaddict View Post
I can't tell you, and I can't show you the text because of the location. The text I got showed a a big tv... like they were doing a presentation. You might be true. Take a everything you see with a grain of salt
And with the "7/18" comment, is that when we will see this for the first time, or when they will start showing up in the wild?
      02-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #116
filet.M2c
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2c / mach e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatte View Post
Dates aside, did anyone look at the 0-60 MPH times ? 3.6 seconds is GTS type times.

This will be a very impressive car if that is really true. On the M2 chassis and with a manual transmission, even adding 0.2 seconds to that time is very very quick.

Either that or BMW might have mistaken it with some other car.
Yeah, I'm skeptical on the 3.6 sec time. M4 comp pack runs what, 4.0 secs? Don't see how they could shave off 0.4 sec with supposedly less power unless perhaps they're running on SC2 tires? I'll take this image with a grain of salt, looks like something I could have thrown together in word and screen shotted.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 03:35 PM   #117
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

As enticing as this new model is I wonder if anyone fully grasps the unique gloriousness of the N55 with MPE in sport and track modes? Nothing sounds like it on the road. Mind blowing sound. I have friends with 911s and exotics that are in awe. I don't know that I could ever give up this legendary combination which in retrospect will be one of those rare moments in time where M engineers created magic. It's just magic. For me no new colors, seat stitching and more powerful motor (when I have the perfect blend and balance now) will draw me away from this legendary package. No way.
Appreciate 5
Dr.Deep1827.00
boostm3683.00
seis-speed2430.50
Destroya371.00
      02-12-2018, 03:41 PM   #118
Egress
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m34m View Post
As enticing as this new model is I wonder if anyone fully grasps the unique gloriousness of the N55 with MPE in sport and track modes? Nothing sounds like it on the road. Mind blowing sound. I have friends with 911s and exotics that are in awe. I don't know that I could ever give up this legendary combination which in retrospect will be one of those rare moments in time where M engineers created magic. It's just magic. For me no new colors, seat stitching and more powerful motor (when I have the perfect blend and balance now) will draw me away from this legendary package. No way.
This +1

Amen
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 04:19 PM   #119
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Beside the gearbox and detuned N55, and interior options, I am very curious to see few things;

1. Are they going to put 763M? And what tires and what sizes?
2. Would they fit differently shaped spoiler on Competition?
3. Any changes made on suspension?? Are they just going to be on MP Coilover or redesigned struts and joints and swaybars and anti-roll bars?
4. Any interior strip-down? Possibly those febric door handles with more opened CF door panel? More alcantar interior on the dash?
5. knowing that they are offering an option to upgrade the seats to be more track oriented bucket seats, what about seat belt? 5 point harness?? Just M-striped seatbelt???

Cant wait to see the announcement!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 04:30 PM   #120
alscks0414
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: MY18 X3 M40i, MY18 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Ok let's make this list of M Performance parts that can be retrofitted onto the M2 Competition

M Performance carbon mirror caps: Not possible (New mirrors on M2C)
M Performance black side gills: Possible to retrofit, also the painted ones from IND (Correct?)
M Performance black front grille: Not possible (New front on M2C)
M Performance side fins front: Possible to retrofit (Removing from M2 is hard)
M Performance side fins mid/rear: Possible to retrofit (Removing from M2 is hard)
M Performance steering wheels: Possible to retrofit
M Performance alu paddels: Possible to retrofit (Removing from M2 is hard)
M Performance carbon rear spoiler: Possible to retrofit (Removing from M2 is hard)
M Performance carbon rear diffuser: Not possible (New rear on M2C, correct?)
M Performance carbon gear selector: Possible (Removing from M2 is hard)
M Performance carbon hand brake: Possible (Removing from M2 is hard)
M Performance suspension: Unknown (Removing from M2 is hard)

Other parts:

ASD module removal harness: Possible to retrofit
Any aftermarket M2 exhaust on the market right now: Not possible
Any aftermarket M2 downpipe on the market right now: Not possible
Red starter button: Possible
Awron or P3Cars display: Possible (Might need a new air vent if you are coming from a pre-facelift M2)
Module with button to switch on/off PDC: Unknown, due to new front PDC option it might or might not be included

Feel free to add more to this list and change my comments if you think I am wrong... Gatte go for it

MR
One thing that I want to see with M2C is the side gills that "actually" functioning rather than just cosmetic feature.

I believe the Grills are in different sides from the picture being revealed. So dont think they will fit with M2C.

Interior pieces can be retrofit I think, and they are easy to remove except the manual gear CF shifts... Once they are installed VERY HARD TO REMOVE unlike the stock knob. I am not a small skinny guy but i could not do it. Brought it to the dealer and 2 techs tried together pulling that thing, did not work. They tried with 3 workers while I put the car in for break-in service and they could not have it done, saying that they are afraid that they will damage something making "actual try". I laughed and gave up halfway. Tried myself removing it as last call, it did WORK! maybe those effort that dealer guys put did losen up the shifter little but i did remove it. LOL

I think spoiler will be different shape? (I hope it is) Diffusors are going to be different as they are redesigning front and back bumpers so front splitters and rear diffusor wont work. Side winglets can be retrofitted but as you said no one wants it as they are not fuctional. (Front splitters are the same).
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 05:10 PM   #121
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

ynguldyn,
We've seen the name on the VINs change from CS to Competition to Cs and back to Competition over the past few months. Do you have any insight as to why that is or what the official name of the M2 that will be debut in April will be?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:21 PM   #122
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
The n55 with mpe sounds good but no one in a 911 or exotic is jealous of the sound of an m2.

I can just imagine a Lambo huracan owner wishing his car sounded like an m2....no.

Car sounds great but come on man
Appreciate 2
      02-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #123
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Gold View Post
The n55 with mpe sounds good but no one in a 911 or exotic is jealous of the sound of an m2.

I can just imagine a Lambo huracan owner wishing his car sounded like an m2....no.

For the record, the Huracan doesn't sound all that great either! I would know I hear it 4-5 days a week all summer long. Its fun to blip the throttle... but I know its not pure aural bliss by any stretch of the imagination.
M2 does sound good, not perfect... quite unique actually. I dig the n55 sound and will be very upset if my '19 M2 sounds like the current M3
      02-12-2018, 08:41 PM   #124
m34m
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you're confusing pure sound with which is a better and more desirable car. The 911 and Huracan are obviously, I'm not delusional. That said my buddy's 991.1 can't be heard next to my M2. As for a Huracan a car that costs 5 times more does sound better, and it should. Do you have an MPE or have you experienced one? I find a lot of guys on here have the stock exhaust, which is great don't get me wrong, and think an MPE is a minor upgrade. Think again. It's impossible to describe what it sounds like you have to hear it to believe it. I suspect with so few M2's in the wild and even fewer with MPE that a lot of people have never heard it.
Appreciate 3
mtoosexy730.00
MR_M2519.00
Wilsm2187.50
      02-13-2018, 07:39 AM   #125
Black Gold
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Maybe you're confusing pure sound with which is a better and more desirable car. The 911 and Huracan are obviously, I'm not delusional. That said my buddy's 991.1 can't be heard next to my M2. As for a Huracan a car that costs 5 times more does sound better, and it should. Do you have an MPE or have you experienced one? I find a lot of guys on here have the stock exhaust, which is great don't get me wrong, and think an MPE is a minor upgrade. Think again. It's impossible to describe what it sounds like you have to hear it to believe it. I suspect with so few M2's in the wild and even fewer with MPE that a lot of people have never heard it.
I have heard it in person

And you didn’t say the exotic didn’t sound as good for the money. You said exotic owners are jealous of the sound.

A 911 with sport exhaust or a gt3 sounds much better to my and most people’s ears.

And all exotics with the exception of mclaren, IMO, sound better as they should.

Regardless, enjoy your car
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #126
m34m
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have heard it in person

And you didn’t say the exotic didn’t sound as good for the money. You said exotic owners are jealous of the sound.

A 911 with sport exhaust or a gt3 sounds much better to my and most people’s ears.

And all exotics with the exception of mclaren, IMO, sound better as they should.

Regardless, enjoy your car
$65g and in my opinion sounds better than 911 particularly the 991.2 , yes better than McLaren also. Also as good as some Jags and Aston's. Whatever man it's an opinion one shared by many. Point being this car punches well above it's weight class, more than it should at its price. Enough said. You should get one.
Appreciate 1
      02-24-2018, 06:46 AM   #127
dandandan
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

I wonder if a tuned B58 or S58 is in the cards as a non CS option. I'm not a fan of the new front end look. The peanut (in shell) looking kidney grills or grill is horrible.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2018, 05:46 PM   #128
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
Has it been confirmed from reliable sources that the grille is really going to look like that? Dear God, I hope not. Adding unique design elements to new models is one thing, but literally abandoning the kidney grilles as we've all come to know and love them is branding suicide. I mean look at the poor X2. It wears a Dodge Durango grille (sans horizontal crosshair) instead of a BMW grille and that is the single biggest reason by far that it looks like shit. Then again, it's not a true BMW, but rather a Mini on the UKL platform wearing a BMW badge, so I suppose they can put whatever abomination of a grille on it they want and still sleep at night. However, this new M2 deserves a proper BMW front end and not one from a Kia Optima.
Everything you have just said was wrong...
      02-26-2018, 11:14 AM   #129
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:
Has it been confirmed from reliable sources that the grille is really going to look like that? Dear God, I hope not. Adding unique design elements to new models is one thing, but literally abandoning the kidney grilles as we've all come to know and love them is branding suicide. I mean look at the poor X2. It wears a Dodge Durango grille (sans horizontal crosshair) instead of a BMW grille and that is the single biggest reason by far that it looks like shit. Then again, it's not a true BMW, but rather a Mini on the UKL platform wearing a BMW badge, so I suppose they can put whatever abomination of a grille on it they want and still sleep at night. However, this new M2 deserves a proper BMW front end and not one from a Kia Optima.
Everything you have just said was wrong...
I agree Scott. He wrong for that ! And he also just plain wrong !
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #130
Wilsm2
Mini Beast
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I have the MPE and I can firm it is worth every penny, you get the pops and bangs with a grunt.
      02-28-2018, 12:07 PM   #131
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
I wonder if a tuned B58 or S58 is in the cards as a non CS option. I'm not a fan of the new front end look. The peanut (in shell) looking kidney grills or grill is horrible.
Agree. Apparently, others feel we are wrong for not liking everything new that BMW does.

The newly dubbed "peanut" grille looks bad on new M5 too when all black and surrounds become indistinguishable from the slats.

Giving up good looking kidneys on a BMW for a camera was a foolish choice IMHO.
      02-28-2018, 12:13 PM   #132
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
Quote:
Agree. Apparently, others feel we are wrong for not liking everything new that BMW does.

The newly dubbed "peanut" grille looks bad on new M5 too when all black and surrounds become indistinguishable from the slats.

Giving up good looking kidneys on a BMW for a camera was a foolish choice IMHO.
There's no way they're going to use the B58. The first you'll see that used in an M is the next gen M3 and M4 will get an s58. For instance, the s55 was developed for the M3/4 and some of it's parts were used in the M2's n55. So logically it won't be in the M2 Competition for all the reasons stated.

The girlle is subjective and we haven't seen it yet. The M5 does not have the same grille, it's not joined, but rather has a sensor in between the grilles with a black bezel which makes it appear to be joined. Can we at least wait until the car is revealed before sh!tting all over it?
Appreciate 2