BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > Current M2 Production Delays

05-19-2021, 01:15 PM   #67
Foggins
Restless
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M2C View Post
Bad thing is I sold my M340i, so I am borrowing my wife's car for everything...
She got really pissed when I mentioned the delay...
Dude you and I are living parallel lives...I sold my VW GLI last week so now I am sharing her Lexus SUV for the next several weeks
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 01:20 PM   #68
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foggins View Post
Dude you and I are living parallel lives...I sold my VW GLI last week so now I am sharing her Lexus SUV for the next several weeks
Weeks??
I'd say MONTHS. Mid to late August I estimate

I am, however, more in luck -- sharing her X3
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 07:03 PM   #69
popcornten
Private
Rep
Drives: Porsche 981.1 Boxster S

I was delayed a week and a half or so but just breezed today from beginning assembly to awaiting carrier assignment to the port so there is hope yet they’ll build all of our M2’s
Appreciate 1
      05-20-2021, 09:19 PM   #70
jlthethird
Rep
Drives: m2c

Quote:
Weeks??

My build just moved to Production Begins today. Does early July sound reasonable for delivery to a Mississippi dealer?

And like you guys I am in Dallas and will soon be sharing my gf's Q7. Just debating when to sell my 330 to Vroom. They offered about $500 shy of my lease payoff amount. I'm only 9 months into the lease, the used car market is nuts...
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2021, 09:28 PM   #71
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlthethird View Post
My build just moved to Production Begins today. Does early July sound reasonable for delivery to a Mississippi dealer?

And like you guys I am in Dallas and will soon be sharing my gf's Q7. Just debating when to sell my 330 to Vroom. They offered about $500 shy of my lease payoff amount. I'm only 9 months into the lease, the used car market is nuts...
BMW purchased my M340i at the lease payoff so I could not resist...
Could me first half of July is no delays loading in the boat...or production delays.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 12:23 AM   #72
Capt Canuck
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: EX. '21 BMW M2C

Quote:

Getting in the queue is typically +2 weeks before they actually start building the car. So from today do + 2 weeks + ~1 week to build and get to the port and then it's a matter of matching arrival at port with a vessel heading to the East Coast.

Aim for mid July and be happy if it comes earlier.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 04:22 AM   #73
DougVA
Private
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Finally, movement! After exactly three weeks in "quality check," today my M2C is "awaiting carrier assignment" from the factory. Whatever logjam or supply chain issue was responsible for the delay is done, at least as it relates to my vehicle. Hope all of you who are awaiting similar news get it very soon!
Appreciate 2
Foggins1334.50
      05-21-2021, 07:06 AM   #74
phriz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Weeks??

Wow, I have 8 months left on my GTI lease, and Vroom just offered me a few hundred shy of my payoff as well. I've got an old Tacoma I can drive until the M2C gets here next month
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2021, 02:00 PM   #75
letscallthisaBMWaccount
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2021 M240

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougVA View Post
Finally, movement! After exactly three weeks in "quality check," today my M2C is "awaiting carrier assignment" from the factory. Whatever logjam or supply chain issue was responsible for the delay is done, at least as it relates to my vehicle. Hope all of you who are awaiting similar news get it very soon!
Same here (M240i, but it seemed to be the same issue). Spent a few days short of a month at quality check, my car is now at the port!
Appreciate 0