BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Least expensive way to make the M Performance suspension lower.

06-22-2021, 02:03 PM   #23
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
And I'm stating that you don't know that, you just believe it.
I am saying so because I have personally done it. While you are just guessing and asking people for opinion and can't seem to hear what you don't like to hear.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 02:28 PM   #24
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
I am saying so because I have personally done it. While you are just guessing and asking people for opinion and can't seem to hear what you don't like to hear.
You have done it?? I didn't realize that. Your experience is that the suspension bottomed out in the rear at 595mm??
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 12:35 AM   #25
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: always changing

Gents,

New to this too. what's the realistic lowering range for the M Performance suspension?

I'm looking for a 30mm drop all the way around perhaps a little more. Would I be ok with MPS?
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 08:22 AM   #26
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2045 View Post
Gents,

New to this too. what's the realistic lowering range for the M Performance suspension?

I'm looking for a 30mm drop all the way around perhaps a little more. Would I be ok with MPS?
No.

620 is the stock ride height.

The MPS lowers the rear to 600, and that's as far as it'll go.

The front will lower more, maybe 580. I'm at 595 and have 3 threads left on the front.

It's the rears with the MPS that's always the problem, they just don't go low enough for a lot of guys.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 10:20 AM   #27
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
What echo said is true, however for me, since I track the car.

Initially I had the rear lowered to the max, after adding -2.2 degree rear camber rear, it dropped to 595mm.

So adding camber is a way you can drop the rear further, however this will compromise your tyre wear on the inner shoulder, a sacrifice I'm willing to make but everyone has different purposes for the car.

I've since raised mine back up to 600mm with the added rear camber.

(M Performance coilovers also)
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6629.00
      07-03-2021, 07:23 PM   #28
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post

Initially I had the rear lowered to the max, after adding -2.2 degree rear camber rear, it dropped to 595mm.

So adding camber is a way you can drop the rear further, however this will compromise your tyre wear on the inner shoulder, a sacrifice I'm willing to make but everyone has different purposes for the car.

You know the interesting thing, I've had several very experienced suspension guys tell me that until you get to -3° camber (or more), you're not really going to have any increased tire wear. They always attribute the increase wear that people see to toe, as in they lower the car a bit, think it's not going to do anything to their settings, and it increases the toe, which in turn burns the tires up faster.

I know on the Lotus I run -2.2° front and -2.7° rear and wear the tires very evenly, but the car is 1,850 lbs too, so it might not be a good benchmark.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2021, 07:43 PM   #29
AUSf22
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C HS & Ferrari Roma

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22 View Post

You know the interesting thing, I've had several very experienced suspension guys tell me that until you get to -3° camber (or more), you're not really going to have any increased tire wear. They always attribute the increase wear that people see to toe, as in they lower the car a bit, think it's not going to do anything to their settings, and it increases the toe, which in turn burns the tires up faster.

I know on the Lotus I run -2.2° front and -2.7° rear and wear the tires very evenly, but the car is 1,850 lbs too, so it might not be a good benchmark.
Definitely the case, for example if you do not add more negative camber for the front of the M2s, you will chew out your front tyres out on track super fast.

In this instance, adding camber actually prolongs the tyre life.

Tho regular street driving, I don't see why someone would need neg 3 front camber
Appreciate 2
      03-15-2022, 06:40 AM   #30
ozcanroy
Rep
Drives: BMW x6

I can't seem to find any impressions from folks with the M Performance Suspension. Does anyone actually have it? . .

Last edited by ozcanroy; 03-17-2022 at 01:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2022, 01:39 PM   #31
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Yes. And there are many threads on this very sub-forum about it.

Just type 'MPS' into the search window for this sub-forum.

HTH
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 12:45 PM   #32
BespokeM
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
The MPS, if I understand it correctly, is essentially the same as the KWV3, which has just a few tweaks, one of them being the ability to go lower in the rear (the MPS will lower more in the front as-is). So worst case scenario there are a few bits that will need to be changed over to the KW bits to lower the rear properly, but I'm betting that 5mm will not cause any issue at all with the way I drive the car. She's my daily, on good roads, and my photography muse. I'm not even 100% sure I want to lower it further, in certain light it looks perfect.
Sorry for the off topic, but are those genuine 763s, just repainted?
Appreciate 0