BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > xHP Settings for 2019 M2C DCT

12-28-2022, 05:31 AM   #1
MikeM2UK
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C 2019

xHP Settings for 2019 M2C DCT

xHP Settings for 2019 M2C DCT Stage 1 map with Miltek GPF back equal length exhaust.

Had my M2C remapped recently by Avon Tuning and now have it at Stage 1 with 502 bhp & 703 nm.
But found that the clutches were slipping, just a little, so decided to manage that with xHP.
I searched the forums for settings from other users to assist with getting the best out of it for my own preference but found there was very little available.
So, I thought I would publish what I have done so others can benefit.

As mine is a daily driver and I don’t take it on the track I wanted to find a group of settings to give me a Jackel and Hyde affect if you know what I mean.

I wanted a smooth drive in DL1 Sport mode, as I rarely use Efficient mode.
Then if I selected DL2 it would just give that little extra and if I wanted to unleash the beast I would just go to manual and Sports+ with DL3.

With these settings I would estimate a 20% increase in shift changes when I select DL2 in Sports mode. This then allows the farts and pops to appear when the down shifts happen.

What I find with these settings is that on our British roads where you need to be in the right gear at the right time for our wonderful roundabouts the downshifts happen when you need them.

Example: You come up to a roundabout and the original settings leave the car in too high a gear and not enough revs to pull off nicely, you end up hitting more throttle and take off like a bat out of hell and try to avoid slamming into the car in front.
Now with these settings it changes down to third just at the point where you need to and the throttle response is there when you need it because the revs are slightly higher.

I have also noticed better fuel economy as I used to use a full tank a week driving to work and back which is about 35 miles per day but now I can go a good 10 days before having to refuel and get between 24 and 26 mpg on the daily drive.

Another thing I noticed using the Relaxed or Relaxed+ setting provided by xHP is that it would make the gears get to 7th ASAP which doesn’t help with fuel economy as if the gear is too high you have to hit the throttle more to get a response which uses more fuel so if you can keep the revs slightly higher there’s less throttle required, mine averages at around 1500 rpm and rarely uses 7th when on the daily drive until you get to 70mph plus.

If you set the S-Mode to the same values then you rely on the (My Estimated) 20% increase by selecting DL2.

DL3 would give you even more but found it not really usable as a daily drive setting, prefer manual when wanting more.

Hope this helps others to understand what I’ve done and why, so it will also help you to make your own decisions on the ideal settings for your M2C.
I may need to make a few tweaks myself but at the moment I’m happy with how this works.

Would love to know if what I have done is right or wrong and if others out there have done similar.

Thanks for reading

Mike

D-Mode
Up-Shifts Down-Shifts
1-2 -25% 2-1 -28%
2-3 -18% 3-2 -20%
3-4 -6% 4-3 -8%
4-5 +4% 5-4 +2%
5-6 +8% 6-5 +6%
6-7 +8% 7-6 +6%
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2022, 03:42 AM   #2