BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > REMUS Exhaust BMW M2 Competition|Official Pictures & Videos|

05-27-2021, 01:14 AM   #353
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
REMUS has ended its relationship with REMUS USA without any notice. REMUS USA is no longer allowed to handle any REMUS orders (even existing ones) and thus REMUS USA no longer exists.

Unfortunately, all existing REMUS USA orders need to be handled by REMUS Austria directly.

New orders are being handled by other distributors
Remus Austria and Remus USA must be one and the same since they both just disappear/ghost their customers and ignore all email and warranty inquiries. Still waiting for them to show up and provide us with some form of customer support... A response back from them would be great. But so far, nothing.

So, if any M2 owners are looking to upgrade to a Remus exhaust system, while it may sound good, be prepared for no customer support should any issues come up with your exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 08:56 AM   #354
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlm2c View Post
Remus Austria and Remus USA must be one and the same since they both just disappear/ghost their customers and ignore all email and warranty inquiries. Still waiting for them to show up and provide us with some form of customer support... A response back from them would be great. But so far, nothing.

So, if any M2 owners are looking to upgrade to a Remus exhaust system, while it may sound good, be prepared for no customer support should any issues come up with your exhaust.
REMUS Austria and REMUS USA are not the same.

REMUS Austria cut their relationship with REMUS USA, so REMUS USA was forced out. It was not their decision to ghost customers but now that their inventory was taken away and they have no contact with REMUS Austria, they cannot help any customer.

The problem with REMUS Austria's decision is that they were not ready to handle existing cases so they shot themselves in the leg by forcing out their only USA distributor.

New orders are handled by other distributors, the warranty issue existing orders are having will not apply.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #355
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

Quote:
REMUS Austria and REMUS USA are not the same.

REMUS Austria cut their relationship with REMUS USA, so REMUS USA was forced out. It was not their decision to ghost customers but now that their inventory was taken away and they have no contact with REMUS Austria, they cannot help any customer.

The problem with REMUS Austria's decision is that they were not ready to handle existing cases so they shot themselves in the leg by forcing out their only USA distributor.

New orders are handled by other distributors, the warranty issue existing orders are having will not apply.
I get what you are saying and that might be the case on paper, but no one outside of their walls really cares about the distinction. Remus needs to do the bare fucking minimum here and offer warranty support. I hope they understand that.

I’ve had two warranty claims (both exhaust springs snapped) on my exhaust and old Remus handled it wonderfully. Expectation is whoever carries the name now, honors that warranty. Anyhow, thanks for the support and giving us an update.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2021, 01:35 PM   #356
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pz619 View Post
I get what you are saying and that might be the case on paper, but no one outside of their walls really cares about the distinction. Remus needs to do the bare fucking minimum here and offer warranty support. I hope they understand that.

I’ve had two warranty claims (both exhaust springs snapped) on my exhaust and old Remus handled it wonderfully. Expectation is whoever carries the name now, honors that warranty. Anyhow, thanks for the support and giving us an update.
Completely agree; REMUS should have planned this to cover all existing customers and not put everyone through this mess.

The only reason I keep making the distinction is that I know the people that worked at the distribution here in the US, and during all our time working together, they did a great job.

These people had nothing to do with this decision and were as surprised as everyone else. Now they all lost their job overnight, and they are in a worse situation than everyone else, including customers waiting for their parts.

The least I can do is protect their reputation as they are looking for jobs as we speak.

Im not doing this from a business perspective but a moral one.

It has been done to me in the past, and I sure would have appreciated if others were honest and spoke the truth

The issue here is the name, since they both say REMUS, it gives the assumption that they are the same. The truth is they are not. Each company has its own CEO and owner.

Last edited by mike@x-ph.com; 05-27-2021 at 01:40 PM..
Appreciate 1
pz6193278.50
      05-27-2021, 03:36 PM   #357
AWFTMFWIN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 AW M2C, Roush 440A

Quote:
REMUS has ended its relationship with REMUS USA without any notice. REMUS USA is no longer allowed to handle any REMUS orders (even existing ones) and thus REMUS USA no longer exists.

Unfortunately, all existing REMUS USA orders need to be handled by REMUS Austria directly.

New orders are being handled by other distributors
I'm an American living in Germany. Bought my Remus system here therefore reached out to Remus Austria and have gotten zero response.

I stand by what I said. My exhaust has a manufacturing defect and there is no way for me to access a warranty claim.

Trash product. Trash company.

I hope my posts here sway every member here away from buying anything from Remus.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2021, 01:33 PM   #358
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Latest update in the fiasco, a new person from Remus Austria reached out to me asking for my original invoice but denied any warranty stating I'm out of the 24 month warranty period.

I immediately shot back at them with proof that their EU website and the USA website shows 3-YEAR warranty. Took screenshots and directly linked them to the person. I also took the liberty of taking a snapshot of the website using https://web.archive.org/ since these snapshots have legitimate standing as evidence.

I'll update as new events unfold but this is very disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2021, 04:46 PM   #359
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Final update to conclude this headache inducing fiasco:

I posted an update to the thread linked above.

After over 1 month, I was finally able to get my warranty claim approved by Remus Austria and a new set Remus tips were sent out to me with their new logo on them. I'm sure they're having tons of issues to iron out as a company but personally I'm reassured again but can't leave without saying it was a horrible month of being ghosted.
Appreciate 1
      06-03-2021, 09:17 AM   #360
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nioh_lbbm2 View Post

After over 1 month, I was finally able to get my warranty claim approved by Remus Austria and a new set Remus tips were sent out to me with their new logo on them. I'm sure they're having tons of issues to iron out as a company but personally I'm reassured again but can't leave without saying it was a horrible month of being ghosted.
Im sorry to hear that, but glad its finally coming to an end

Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 12:20 PM   #361
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Can you provide your Remus contact that got back to you? I'm still being ghosted and have not heard anything back in over a month.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2021, 01:27 PM   #362
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Can you provide your Remus contact that got back to you? I'm still being ghosted and have not heard anything back in over a month.
Originally I kept emailing Uwe and the official remus email. The person that finally responded to me was Nicole Trolp: n.trolp@remus.at
Appreciate 1
hlm2c289.50
      06-11-2021, 12:22 AM   #363
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally I kept emailing Uwe and the official remus email. The person that finally responded to me was Nicole Trolp: n.trolp@remus.at
Just sent out emails to different contacts, but so far, still no response yet in over two months. I would like to confirm all the points of contact that are available to reach out to for issues. So far we have the ones below:

n.trolp@remus.at
office@remus.at

Any other emails missing that myself and others can reach out to Remus for help on issues? Still getting ghosted.. and it's been over two months
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 05:33 AM   #364
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just sent out emails to different contacts, but so far, still no response yet in over two months. I would like to confirm all the points of contact that are available to reach out to for issues. So far we have the ones below:

n.trolp@remus.at
office@remus.at

Any other emails missing that myself and others can reach out to Remus for help on issues? Still getting ghosted.. and it's been over two months
Those are the only two I ever reached out to and heard from. I sent weekly emails asking for someone to respond
Appreciate 1
hlm2c289.50
      06-11-2021, 08:51 AM   #365
hlm2c
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Those are the only two I ever reached out to and heard from. I sent weekly emails asking for someone to respond
Thanks for emails.. Nicole reached out to me, so I'm finally discussing with her my issues now... As for the 3 year warranty screenshots, did you just look up RemusUSA's site within the web.archive.org site or did you search with another site for the screenshot? I'll probably need that since I am just slightly outside of the new 24 month warranty claim window.

Last edited by hlm2c; 06-11-2021 at 08:57 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2021, 04:55 PM   #366
blitzyo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 19' M2C

Anyone running catless DP with stock midpipe and remus race muffler? Any drone, excessive smells or exhaust valve rattle?
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 04:28 PM   #367
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Those with the exhaust, did you end up also purchasing the Remus Responder? A little confused as to what it actually does and if it's worth it.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 10:45 PM   #368
CountSmurfula
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 HS M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post
Those with the exhaust, did you end up also purchasing the Remus Responder? A little confused as to what it actually does and if it's worth it.
I have had my Remus Race exhaust for almost 1 year and love it. I did not get the responder. I did bypass the ASD.
I was also confused as to what the responder would do to the M2C, but I am happy without it.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2021, 10:50 PM   #369
pz619
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C 6MT, Tesla 3

If I recall it changes the throttle pedal sensitivity and is adjustable. For cars like the M2C, we just call that drive modes. No real reason to get it for the M2C.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 01:03 PM   #370
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

After 3 long months I finally got my Remus Sport to pair with my AA EL midpipe. Hope to have a sound clip by the end of next week.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 03:14 PM   #371
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
After 3 long months I finally got my Remus Sport to pair with my AA EL midpipe. Hope to have a sound clip by the end of next week.
AA EL resonated? 👀
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #372
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG_WhiteM2C View Post
Quote:
AA EL resonated? 👀
Yes sir. Remus Sport AA resonated midpipe. Will probably eventually get a controller to set flaps always open.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 04:00 PM   #373
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AA EL resonated? 👀
Yes sir. Remus Sport AA resonated midpipe. Will probably eventually get a controller to set flaps always open.
I'm very interested to hear this! I have the exact set up on order. If you can, post all the things you did in the clips (ASD off, burble settings, if have aftermarket filters, etc.)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2021, 04:04 PM   #374
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AA EL resonated? 👀
I'm very interested to hear this! I have the exact set up on order. If you can, post all the things you did in the clips (ASD off, burble settings, if have aftermarket filters, etc.)
Will do. I wish I also had some videos before jumping in so I'll be more than glad to share videos and thoughts with everyone.
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0