BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > HURRY A Canceled Allocation Just Became Available!

08-14-2021, 09:28 PM   #45
.Slug
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Another M2C cancelation came up in northern California today... dealer wanted $72,545 for it. Crazy. Sales tax alone will put that up close to 80K.
Appreciate 2
chris7197334.00
drp087233.00
      08-14-2021, 10:38 PM   #46
Lokguru
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 X5M50i, M2C MT | '18 M3

Garage List
The Carmax dealer near me has a 21'm2c MT , 3k miles run and 'no haggle' price is like $69,500.
Crazy times…
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 01:17 AM   #47
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
Yea I posted the info I have just so anyone really interested and putting in efforts in finding a "reasonable" deal has the best possible information.
I don't want some rich prick to stumble onto a 10K marked up M2 and buy it off a whim, when us enthusiasts could've at least brought it down to maybe 5K to really appreciate the car.
Also it gives any potential buyer to get some sensible feedback from other members lol.
I do agree in about 6 months time 2019's will be coming off leases and might get a decent preowned with low mileage.
No one leased these cars as the rates were terrible.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 01:47 AM   #48
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
No one leased these cars as the rates were terrible.
Good point, didn't know that as I never even considered leasing the M2 since it was such a special car, just thought the general public might have leased them. I guess it shows these cars are that more special?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 06:32 AM   #49
Mwc369
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m2

I am picking my LBB 6MT up from the performance center in SC on next week. Purchased it from Roxbury for MSRP and when I asked them about the .9% financing, they kind of laughed and said the lowest we could go is 1.9 given that I got such a great deal on the car. Going to just pay cash as I don't want to give them the satisfaction of screwing me over with the financing (not that 1.9 is high) Its a shame that these dealers don't honor what BMW NA advertises. Can't wait to pick up my car. Unfortunately we are in a sellers market of supply/demand.
Appreciate 1
.Slug447.00
      08-15-2021, 08:28 PM   #50
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
I'm sick and tired of reading so many stories of dealers trying to not honor the 0.9% rate. Yeah, BMWFS allows them to add a point to BMWFS loans - but that should NOT apply on an advertised promo rate, period/exclamation point. BMW needs to change this policy. If somebody dragged them into small claims over it, I bet they'd win by merely showing the judge the advertised rate. It's either false advertising, bait & switch, or both.

I'm gonna draft a latter to the head of BMWUSA and point him to some of the posts here. Will be interesting to see if I get a reply - and maybe even a formal change in this policy.
Foggins1334.50
imOFP210.50
.Slug447.00
      08-15-2021, 09:58 PM   #51
HelpMeHelpU
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C, 981 GT4, 993 C2, Audi S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I'm sick and tired of reading so many stories of dealers trying to not honor the 0.9% rate. Yeah, BMWFS allows them to add a point to BMWFS loans - but that should NOT apply on an advertised promo rate, period/exclamation point. BMW needs to change this policy. If somebody dragged them into small claims over it, I bet they'd win by merely showing the judge the advertised rate. It's either false advertising, bait & switch, or both.

I'm gonna draft a latter to the head of BMWUSA and point him to some of the posts here. Will be interesting to see if I get a reply - and maybe even a formal change in this policy.

They did it to me just last week. I didn’t make a big deal over it because my loan size was very small (long story, but I arranged a trade through the dealership) and I will likely refinance soon anyway. My dealer said something like that 0.9 rate is good only if dealers “participate.” I didn’t really want to get into it with them, in part for reasons I just mentioned and in part because they were clear about this from the start.

But I agree: Dealers should honor the promo rates.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      08-15-2021, 11:20 PM   #52
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
Good point, didn't know that as I never even considered leasing the M2 since it was such a special car, just thought the general public might have leased them. I guess it shows these cars are that more special?
It's not really whether a car is special or not, it just depends on if BMW is subsidizing the residual value.

If you look at the BMWs with the highest residual values in terms of leasing, many of them will have worse actual depreciation than the models that are not leased as aggressively.

If BMW wants to move a particular model in high volume or boost sales of a poor seller, they get good lease numbers. They have their reasons, even if they aren't apparent.

Last edited by chris719; 08-15-2021 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 12:57 PM   #53
steeveebee
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Yes, going by residuals on M2 leases, you'd have to be a special kind of oblivious to lease an M2 and turn it in after. It may make some sense to lease one they buy/flip it.

Seems right now, even 2016s with higher miles are in the low 40K range. After 5 years. I think BMW's residuals back when I was looking at an M2 were below $30K in 3 years, meaning the lease rate was really, really high.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 02:47 PM   #54
ALX_B
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU View Post
They did it to me just last week. I didn’t make a big deal over it because my loan size was very small (long story, but I arranged a trade through the dealership) and I will likely refinance soon anyway. My dealer said something like that 0.9 rate is good only if dealers “participate.” I didn’t really want to get into it with them, in part for reasons I just mentioned and in part because they were clear about this from the start.

But I agree: Dealers should honor the promo rates.
Agree - they did it to me 2 weeks ago.. added ~0.9% to the 0.9%.

It really ticked me off to the point where was willing to close the deal with alternative financing, even though it was slightly more expensive. I stayed w/ BMWFS.

In the end, they know they got you.. If I had walked away, they would've marked up the car and sold it within days.

All in all, the BMW FS and dealership experience was very fragmented; I had to constantly decode what people were saying to make sure the correct information is passing back and forth.
Appreciate 1