BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > HURRY A Canceled Allocation Just Became Available!

08-07-2021, 03:03 PM   #23
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

I got an employee deal on my VW when I traded in my M2c the market was just to good to not take the money and run.
I probably couldn't again. I waited about 2 years to get an M2 in general, and the opportunity came up to get mine and I snagged it.

I really miss it, but I explained why I traded it in on another post.
Smarter financial decision but MAN OH MAN do I miss her so much.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2021, 04:27 PM   #24
kellyzerx
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 CS

Garage List
2020 BMW M2 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by g2envy View Post
Its first come first serve. Someone is coming in tomorrow at the $10k over. I work for the dealer.
Suddenly those "overpriced" CS's at list price are looking like a bargain. .
Appreciate 2
flybigjet6822.00
MDuckie93.00
      08-08-2021, 01:46 PM   #25
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzerx View Post
Nah, still overpriced by a mile
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      08-08-2021, 01:57 PM   #26
Nettles
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M2C View Post
I hope this situation settles ASAP and half of those shameless crooks go under in the next 6 months.
10k, really?!
On the other hand, those throwing 10k at them are more to blame…
I agree with you, but I guess idiots can do whatever they want with their money. Awhile back I commented on the same topic saying just wait until market stabilizes and the prices drop because they will. Someone responded saying why wait when you can have it now. To each his own. I’m not 12 and that impatient.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2021, 01:59 PM   #27
zatchmo
Private
Rep
Drives: 11 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettles View Post
I agree with you, but I guess idiots can do whatever they want with their money. Awhile back I commented on the same topic saying just wait until market stabilizes and the prices drop because they will. Someone responded saying why wait when you can have it now. To each his own. I’m not 12 and that impatient.
Geography makes a difference, too. If you love somewhere with limited good driving months. 10% more to have it now might mean another season of driving. Glad we have options.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2021, 11:22 AM   #28
shortribs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i (Track) 328XiA (DD)

Hope this helps someone out who is still hunting for an available unit:

BMW Roxbury (NJ) just called with a canceled preorder that has since become available as of this morning. Hockenheim Silver M2C, 6sp manual - unaware of remaining specs as I've since secured my own car. Naturally they're asking $10K over MSRP, but hardly seemed firm. YMMV.
.Slug447.00
chris7197334.00
      08-10-2021, 04:51 PM   #29
ChiTownM
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M and i BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyzerx View Post
Quote:
Its first come first serve. Someone is coming in tomorrow at the $10k over. I work for the dealer.
My thoughts exactly, even though I never had an issue with the CS price point given its amazing setup and changes which has now been confirmed over and over and……to each their own, love the M2s in general.
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50
      08-10-2021, 05:46 PM   #30
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownM View Post
My thoughts exactly, even though I never had an issue with the CS price point given its amazing setup and changes which has now been confirmed over and over and……to each their own, love the M2s in general.
The bubble will eventually burst. I think it's less M2 related and more the general state of things. I mean, people are paying over sticker for Kia Tellurides.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2021, 11:28 PM   #31
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Quote:
HA Hilarious I think this was me.
Long story short, was in the market to buy an M2 after seeing the new G87 renders, only to find out it was near impossible to get a cancelled allocation.
Came across Buena Park with their 10K marked up M2, told them I'd stop by since I'm local, wanted to see how low they were willing to go.
I honestly was content to pay over 5K over MSRP, but the dealer would not budge from the 10K. They offered 83K OTD (car had 4K in CF)

Gave them a thumbs up and walked out.
A week later (today), I found myself a 21' M2C Black 6MT for MSRP, $0 MARKUP.
Deposit down, Signing Sat, Expecting delivery in a week or two.

That being said, just for anyone looking, I was tracking 40+ M2's arriving in the US, and I did come across a few cancelled orders, but most dealers are asking 5-10K markup.

The ones available as of 8/11/21 (My best guess) are
Bowling Green BMW KY Silver DCT 66K MSRP+(~6K Markup)
Roxbury BMW NJ Silver 6MT 61K MSRP+(~5.5K Markup)
Braman BMW Miami Black DCT 63K MSRP+(10K Markup)
Braman BMW Miami Silver DCT 71K MSRP+(10K Markup)

Not sure what happened to the Buena Park one, I picked up the one in Arkansas. All other listings on Cargurus, autotrader, Kilter seems to be preordered, but not delivered yet. Noticed about 10% of orders are getting cancelled, so if you are looking, good luck!
I think there are about 1-2 new vehicles each day, so call them up every morning and hope its not taken!

That being said, Nice to meet you all looking forward to probably one of the best and last true M car.
Appreciate 5
m0g2446.00
(K)1278.00
      08-13-2021, 11:22 AM   #32
.Slug
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
That being said, just for anyone looking, I was tracking 40+ M2's arriving in the US, and I did come across a few cancelled orders, but most dealers are asking 5-10K markup.

I think there are about 1-2 new vehicles each day, so call them up every morning and hope its not taken!
This was my strategy, call each new listing that popped up. Expect them all to be spoken for, but call each dealer and get first in line for each possible cancelation. Expect mark ups for almost 95% of the dealers.

Note that most of the dealers had a cancelation back up list of buyers already. So get your name/info into them ahead of the order cancellations.

It took me about a month and half of calling dealers every single day before I found a reasonable deal near/in California. Most of the dealers started answering my phone calls by my name and started to get to know me very well haha. Because I was in touch with so many, I've been getting a fair amount of follow ups now when these orders cancel. I stopped notifying the forum because it seems like by the time I make my post, the car will be gone as they just call the next person in their cancelation back up list.
Appreciate 2
drp087233.00
      08-13-2021, 12:40 PM   #33
Steelguin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C HHS/DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW_M2C View Post
Hey, I get free Head rackets and shoes and clothing and strings…but I am sponsored by head…

I wonder if you’d get the same deal now…
I don't get the rackets and shoes free, need to talk to the wife about this.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 04:40 PM   #34
kel445
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i

I received a call from Roxbury BMW earlier today. Sales person asked me if I was still interested in the M2, as they had just had a customer cancel and it was now available. Having already read the post about the 10K markup, I knew what was coming. When I asked what the price was, she hesitated and even giggled a bit....$10,000 over MSRP. But it's the very last one available in the ENTIRE U.S.!! I said " I don't care if it's the last one left in the entire F****** world, I'm not interested. Sick bastards!!!
Appreciate 2
      08-13-2021, 04:49 PM   #35
.Slug
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel445 View Post
I received a call from Roxbury BMW earlier today. Sales person asked me if I was still interested in the M2, as they had just had a customer cancel and it was now available. Having already read the post about the 10K markup, I knew what was coming. When I asked what the price was, she hesitated and even giggled a bit....$10,000 over MSRP. But it's the very last one available in the ENTIRE U.S.!! I said " I don't care if it's the last one left in the entire F****** world, I'm not interested. Sick bastards!!!
I agree that 10K really isn't a reasonable mark up. I did pay a slight mark up but that is only because the dealer gave me $3K more than I expected for my trade and more than what other dealers offered. They also gave me some perks for another $1K of the mark up, so they made the mark up actually have value for me. I paid about $5K in mark up, but I only see it as a $1K net mark up due to the $3K trade increase over other offers I had and $1K in other value add-ons included in that mark up. Addtionally, the car I traded in, a 2017 Mazda 3 with 50K miles was purchased for ~$18K and they bought it for $15,100 and I owned that car for 4.5 years. making the cost of my last new car only about 3.5K over those years, which is amazing. I figured I'd get my enjoyment out of the M2C and all these things factored into me not really caring about my $5K mark up.

Is there anyway you could justify up to a $5K mark up like I did?

I agree with you, no way in hell I would have accepted a $10K mark up though. lol
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 05:08 PM   #36
Bumpinjeep
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 M2

Garage List
2023 M2  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kel445 View Post
Screw them. It's that simple. No way you should pay a penny over MSRP. It's an odd time to buy a car, I get it, but there is no way you should be paying that.
If that car is spec'd to your liking, then by all means, let them know that you will pay MSRP for it and they have a deal.
If not, tell them to kick rocks.
      08-13-2021, 07:43 PM   #37
captain slowly
I like turtles!
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

A car is worth what the market will bare, be it 10% off MSRP or 10% over MSRP. I'm not sure why people here are getting all bent out of shape. Don't like it? Don't buy it.
I see no such outrage on the housing market prices. My parents are looking to buy a house in my neighborhood and are being told that the asking price is just a starting point, and whoever pays the most OVER asking will buy the house... again, its the market we're in. Problem is, the M2 is at the end of its production cycle, so if you don't get one now, you aren't getting a new one at all. I missed out on the last of the Evo 9s back in the day cause I was too proud to pay MSRP for one, and regret it to this day.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 08:00 PM   #38
bmw-st
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2C AW

10k over MSRP is insane.
I picked up mine M2C back in January when a local dealership had one sitting in lot.
I paid 4k+ off MSRP, I think it was a decent deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 08:17 PM   #39
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw-st View Post
10k over MSRP is insane.
I picked up mine M2C back in January when a local dealership had one sitting in lot.
I paid 4k+ off MSRP, I think it was a decent deal.
The problem is that the market in January is pretty different to now (mid August). And yea, $4k off is nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 08:18 PM   #40
imOFP
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2c, '23 Bronco Raptor

Garage List
Quote:

The ones available as of 8/11/21 (My best guess) are
Bowling Green BMW KY Silver DCT 66K MSRP+(~6K Markup)
Roxbury BMW NJ Silver 6MT 61K MSRP+(~5.5K Markup)
Braman BMW Miami Black DCT 63K MSRP+(10K Markup)
Braman BMW Miami Silver DCT 71K MSRP+(10K Markup)
On June 4th, I got Bowling Green to agree to MSRP and no ADM on that HS M2c (they were originally asking +$10k), but they wanted to tack on an interior/exterior cleaning protection warranty bullshit package that marks up something like 4k. The sales point was "in case you ever spill a bottle of red wine in the back seat, this will cover the cleaning costs." I almost paid it to actually get a car but they wouldn't send me a price sheet after agreeing to a price of MSRP+$3500(protection package BS) over the phone. While I was waiting for a price sheet from Bowling Green I decided to give one more call to a dealer in Colorado I was communicating with and speak to any available CA, as the original CA I was dealing with at the CO dealership wasn't being responsive. I explained to the new CA my situation, with a short back and forth we agree to MSRP for the allocation and I placed a deposit with the Colorado dealer. Allocation customized and secured all within 10 minutes of hanging up the phone with Bowling Green.

Bowling Green never got me a price sheet for the M2... They did end up sending me another customers PII, trade-in info, and order sheet for a $95k G8x M4c though... $8K ADM... Wasn't sure if I was remembering this last part correctly, but I still have the text message.

TBH I'm glad that M2 at Bowling Green is still not sold. Dealing with them on the phone was miserable. I feel like they didn't believe I was a serious buyer...

Last edited by imOFP; 08-14-2021 at 02:07 PM..
Appreciate 3
drp087233.00
(K)1278.00
      08-13-2021, 08:46 PM   #41
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Yea I posted the info I have just so anyone really interested and putting in efforts in finding a "reasonable" deal has the best possible information.
I don't want some rich prick to stumble onto a 10K marked up M2 and buy it off a whim, when us enthusiasts could've at least brought it down to maybe 5K to really appreciate the car.
Also it gives any potential buyer to get some sensible feedback from other members lol.
I do agree in about 6 months time 2019's will be coming off leases and might get a decent preowned with low mileage.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2021, 09:00 PM   #42
DanG
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [7.68]
Quote:
Yea I posted the info I have just so anyone really interested and putting in efforts in finding a "reasonable" deal has the best possible information.
I don't want some rich prick to stumble onto a 10K marked up M2 and buy it off a whim, when us enthusiasts could've at least brought it down to maybe 5K to really appreciate the car.
Also it gives any potential buyer to get some sensible feedback from other members lol.
I do agree in about 6 months time 2019's will be coming off leases and might get a decent preowned with low mileage.
The problem is the residual on M2 leases were so bad almost nobody leased one.
Appreciate 1
chris7197334.00
      08-14-2021, 10:25 AM   #43
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Nobody out there should feel like a chump for throwing a 10k bonus down on the new car of their dreams. I think that in a few years, getting one new at any price will seem like a steal. Granted that it was common to get markdowns (during a worldwide pandemic), but if I hadn't known that from these forums, I'd have happily paid an ADM when I bought last December and I considered myself lucky they were still coming off the assembly line. This is not a bread-and-butter volume sales item, and I expect dealerships to try to add some luxury tax to the mix, especially since they know they are dealing with people who didn't get their act together, or who are just now realizing how much they want something that isn't really available anymore.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 05:55 PM   #44
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by imOFP View Post
Bowling Green never got me a price sheet for the M2... They did end up sending me another customers PII, trade-in info, and order sheet for a $95k G8x M4c though... $8K ADM... Wasn't sure if I was remembering this last part correctly, but I still have the text message.

TBH I'm glad that M2 at Bowling Green is still not sold. Dealing with them on the phone was miserable. I feel like they didn't believe I was a serious buyer...
They are morons. I spoke with a person there and told them I wasn't interested in DCT but if they had a manual CPO or trade-in to just let me know.

About 20 minutes later I get a text saying: Sorry, the M2 Competition doesn't come in a manual, only automatic. I didn't feel like correcting them so I just said thanks.
Appreciate 1