BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > How is the ASD in the M2C?

08-29-2018, 11:33 PM   #45
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
"They would lose customers if they didn't do it"

That's just dumb.
It's true I see it in my own family.
My dad, a HUGE car nut, had a F10 M5 but he hated for how loud it was with it's road noise.
I've had customers bring a decibel meter on test drives.
There aren't as many "enthusiast" as you think, I've seen so many customers buy cars just based on the color combo not realizing what car they are getting into.
While we wish BMW appeased to OUR needs because its what WE want, BMW wants to make money. Why appease a whole car to a smaller population just to drive away the larger population of buyers.
I really wish they'd come back out with a Z3 sized M car but it'll never happen.
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
HOT M80.50
      08-30-2018, 03:16 AM   #46
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOhnoez View Post
It's true I see it in my own family.
My dad, a HUGE car nut, had a F10 M5 but he hated for how loud it was with it's road noise.
I've had customers bring a decibel meter on test drives.
There aren't as many "enthusiast" as you think, I've seen so many customers buy cars just based on the color combo not realizing what car they are getting into.
While we wish BMW appeased to OUR needs because its what WE want, BMW wants to make money. Why appease a whole car to a smaller population just to drive away the larger population of buyers.
I really wish they'd come back out with a Z3 sized M car but it'll never happen.
True, but Porsche proves that it can be done with the Cayman and Boxster. The Z4 is a great option, but we need something in sedan or coupe size. The MINI is not good enough, but then again if they would release it, it would be based on the MINI platform and the current MINIs are pretty shit.

I am happy we still have a M2(C), just annoyed that there is no passion within the M brand anymore letting us feel special driving one. The money machine is too visible in the choices made (e.g. mirrors on the M2). Look at the Hyundai i30N, it might be "a Hyundai" but there are so many little things in there that make you smile as an enthusiast which normal customers would never ever notice. It lets you forget that is underpowered and torque steers too much.

Made by an ex-BMW engineer, it is not about BMW M not being able to do it, there is simply nobody inside that building that thinks about these things. Passion has left the door... It is all about speed, because speed and numbers sell, not handling and steering feel. All I hear from M employees is that the M2C is fast and faster than the old one. Why should I care it is faster? A M car should drive better than the previous one at first and be faster second...

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 04:59 AM   #47
slowbrick
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, 2003 M3

You can code it out in any model year 17 or newer. No need for harness. This has been verified too.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 05:54 AM   #48
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbrick View Post
You can code it out in any model year 17 or newer. No need for harness. This has been verified too.
You could on a 16 as well... You only had the additional noise that did not disappear.

MR
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2018, 12:10 PM   #49
imyourmaster
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl44 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by imyourmaster View Post
But hold on Carl...did you not just confess that the hearing in your left ear is not what it's supposed to be in a recent post?? How can we take you serious when it comes to hearing an audible difference??
Right one works great... Actually lost about 30% in my left from a bike crash..carl
You know I'm just pulling your leg
Appreciate 0