BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > Let's make something clear concerning the LF-A & BMW Crash.

06-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #1
abisson
Canada FTW.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 VW R - Stg 2

Let's make something clear concerning the LF-A & BMW Crash.

People.

A legend died during that accident, his name was Hiromu Naruse, for the ignorant of you guys who call him "the 65 years old driver". The LF-A in the accident was a PROTOTYPE, which means NOT final.

So for all the threads that are starting on "how is BMW safer and so on", it is COMPLETELY irrelevant, as well as a HUGE lack of disrespect and morality. A person died for fuck's sake, who gives a shit if your BMW is safer than an unfinished supercar. It wasn't regular circumstances.

I am not the only one who seems to be disturbed by people starting arguing on how BMW is safer than Lexus and so on and I wanted to say it loud and clear.

My 0.2$.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
josephr25
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post
People.

A legend died during that accident, his name was Hiromu Naruse, for the ignorant of you guys who call him "the 65 years old driver". The LF-A in the accident was a PROTOTYPE, which means NOT final.

So for all the threads that are starting on "how is BMW safer and so on", it is COMPLETELY irrelevant, as well as a HUGE lack of disrespect and morality. A person died for fuck's sake, who gives a shit if your BMW is safer than an unfinished supercar. It wasn't regular circumstances.

I am not the only one who seems to be disturbed by people starting arguing on how BMW is safer than Lexus and so on and I wanted to say it loud and clear.

My 0.2$.
Trust me, you aren't the only one who is sick of the stupid comments. They just show that you don't have to be smart to lease (or ask your parents to) an expensive car, as people repeatedly make the same comments in other kinds of threads. Sometimes I am ashamed to be part of the BMW fraternity.
      06-29-2010, 07:08 PM   #3
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

There's a large contingent of little children posting here. Many of them don't even own the cars they profess to own (I had an experience last week with someone here who claimed to own the 997TT that I was actually looking to buy )

It's getting harder to sift out the bs lately.

The irony is that all the BMW fanboys pumping up the brand are just making it look more and more like its own stereotype.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:24 PM   #4
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
Trust me, you aren't the only one who is sick of the stupid comments. They just show that you don't have to be smart to lease (or ask your parents to) an expensive car, as people repeatedly make the same comments in other kinds of threads. Sometimes I am ashamed to be part of the BMW fraternity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
The irony is that all the BMW fanboys pumping up the brand are just making it look more and more like its own stereotype.
Yeah it's pretty ridiculous. I expect ignorant comments about cars like the Camaro, Mustang, (insert American car here), or Audis, etc.... But to so brazenly disrespect as they have done in these Hiromu Naruse threads.... It's just shameful.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:34 PM   #5
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
I dont usually let forum posts get to me, but that (in which the one I recently replied to that Im sure you guys all know) was just totally uncalled for and completely disrespectful. Its just sad there are people like that on here and embarassing that they are representing the BMW name.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 09:59 PM   #6
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

+1 guys.

Fortunately there are some very knowledgeable members that can look past the badge on the hood that drownout the imbeciles.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 09:13 AM   #7
Silver-Bolt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is Melbourne Red

Garage List
2011 Z4 35is  [9.00]
Brand loyalty (ignorance/stupidity) is rampant across the board. I am a performance enthusist that loves all things performance. I don't care what company made it or if it is a home built machine makes no difference. It is amazing the lengths people will go to defend/promote "their" brand. Age has a lot to do with it but not exclusivily. To me it is just plain ignorance. In this case a man lost his life while developing a new car and what do they take from that? "My BMW is safer". Please. I have been in that test seat myself. I know the risks involved. BMW makes great vehicles, so do many other manufacturer's. Open your eyes to the bigger picture and you will be surprised at what you see.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 10:18 AM   #8
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

I just read the brilliant show of compassion by the new genius.

My time on here is slowing down to a more than likely departure. I really like a lot of the gents on here but the closed minded and down right ignorant are driving me out. I know how to take things with a grain of salt but sometimes I just don't feel like being a member where such d arses tarnish my experience so much.

I have noticed the departure, at least not posting, of some guys who had things of value to contribute. They did not have a BMW owners manual wedged in their crack 24/7 so it WAS nice to read their non blinded posts. I also feel many of the twit comments are made from of a lack of experience in the real world and basic unhappiness with their lives. That car won't make you any better of a person Charlie. Sorry.

S paws: I will keep an eye out for any new toys you may post.

See y'all around...maybe. Be good.

Last edited by gonzo; 06-30-2010 at 10:25 AM.. Reason: Spaws must show toy if acquired.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 10:41 AM   #9
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

good thread. totally agree.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #10
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
+1000000

And it's definitely not the first time.

Sometimes I feel this board is similar to the AOL message boards from the '90's.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 11:34 PM   #11
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Some of the comments I've seen are just awful. A man died. There's nothing funny about that. It is ironic that a driving legend that regularly flirted with death on the race track ultimately met his end in a freak public road accident....
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 12:29 AM   #12
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by abisson View Post

My 0.2$.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today Oh I forgot just a Canadian. :P It's the internet don't get too worked up over it, no one really cares.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 06:15 AM   #13
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Oh I forgot just a Canadian. :P .
Great comment...completely uncalled for.

Interesting how some can post a jackass comment and its all fine so long as it's followed by a smiley face.

Lets try..Robert's a moron...hey it works!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 07:54 AM   #14
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today Oh I forgot just a Canadian. :P It's the internet don't get too worked up over it, no one really cares.
And you're an elitist Californian snob...... See I can pull out the stereotypes and location hate too........

How much do you want to bet if people made the comments they did about this whole incident in person, they would have been punched in the face. Did their parents teach them anything about respect at all or did they just worry about buying their kids BMW's who don't deserve one at all? If you were an Airbus fan, would you go, " Airbus is safer see!!!!" after a Boeing 737 crashed and killed everyone on board? I sure hope not.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #15
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
The internet is not an excuse to be a complete douche or jackass. Some people just don't seem to understand this. Hiding behind a computer screen and any consequences that would come from being a jackass in person seems to foster this douchebaggery.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #16
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

The LF-A looked quite finished to me......

But anyway, the whole comparison is useless talk. Supercars are generally more unsafe than normal ones, it is fact. Plus, the variables are too many and the understanding of how it happened, very little.

About the man, he had an uphill battle in recent years in getting Toyota to have a sportier lineup and i respect him enormously as someone behind the 2000GT, Supra's and so on. I hope the new FT-86, LF-A N Edition and hopefully the MR2 will honor his memory. RIP.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 10:08 AM   #17
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
The internet is not an excuse to be a complete douche or jackass. Some people just don't seem to understand this. Hiding behind a computer screen and any consequences that would come from being a jackass in person seems to foster this douchebaggery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire
Supercars are generally more unsafe than normal ones,
Based on what?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 10:14 AM   #18
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
To OP: Don't let these ignorant comments get to you!

RIP...
      07-01-2010, 10:19 AM   #19
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Sadly I am totally unsurprised that most of the retarded comments are coming from posters in New York or California.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #20
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
Based on what?
http://www.lambounfall.de/lamborghin...ago_crash.html

This site is a general index of Lamborghini safety problems. Should give you an idea.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 11:37 AM   #21
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
http://www.lambounfall.de/lamborghin...ago_crash.html

This site is a general index of Lamborghini safety problems. Should give you an idea.
Not sure if I buy that. All cars sold in NA have to meet crash test safety standards. I dont imagine super cars are crash tested at 'autobahn' speeds in North America.

A few years back the 350z was the the most unsafe car in NA with twice the death rate then other sports cars likely because the majority were driven by inexperienced kids.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #22
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
The LF-A looked quite finished to me......

But anyway, the whole comparison is useless talk. Supercars are generally more unsafe than normal ones, it is fact. Plus, the variables are too many and the understanding of how it happened, very little.

About the man, he had an uphill battle in recent years in getting Toyota to have a sportier lineup and i respect him enormously as someone behind the 2000GT, Supra's and so on. I hope the new FT-86, LF-A N Edition and hopefully the MR2 will honor his memory. RIP.
That is not fact.

Maybe decades ago. But not now.
Appreciate 0